A Bit of Help for Rebirth

Asperitas - Lost City
Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Blademaster
Hey all,

I've read some of the guides on rebirth and the BM's role in them. It seems like one of my jobs is to hold aggro on as many mobs as possible with my AOE's so the DD's don't die while they kill them. As a result, most guides tell you to have a "shetload" of HP. I'm just a bit concerned because I want to do rebirth, but I'm not sure if I can handle it.

Here's my character's current stats.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1cfbcafc125772a0 (fully buffed)

Here's the realistic gear I plan on getting in the near future.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0e506aa9c82c1aac

I'm looking to replace the armlets and greaves of antiquity with HH80 soon, and replacing/filling up my gear with flawless citrines. I can't afford a cape of tauran chieftain atm, so I'm looking for just any random one with vit. Saving up for misties too.

On my genie, I've got Alpha Male, Tree of Protection, Second Wind and Tangling Mire.

What do you guys think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Asperitas - Lost City on

Comments

• ssilly
    ssilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your HP is low for a axe Bm in 8x >:
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Yeah for sure, my HP is definitely low. I'm not an axe BM, but for the sake of rebirth I'm using them. I'm looking for ways to improve my HP, but I really don't want to refine (serious refining) my gear and get better shards until I hit my 90's. :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your level 80 better-gear version looks able enough for RB. Haven't actually done the instance myself (which is funny, at 7k unbuffed I couldn't find a squad) but I've known quite a few BM's with worse equips/hp than yours do complete runs frequently.

I'd really get a better cloak though. Something like an NPC 3* cloak with a couple of nice +hp or vit adds, and a few sockets would do perfect.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    thanks for the input. definitely going to make getting a better cloak one of my higher priorities :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ahhh me think you will be fine.
    b:victory
    all we need is your aoe stun/dragon amp/ and minor aggro holding near the end.
    b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry but I would never gamma with you with your current equips, and your "future equips" aren't that much better. Personally if you don't have at least 6.5k hp buffed I really wouldn't trust you to live. The only way I would ever gamma with ya is if I knew you had the skill to do it, or there was a great barb as well that could compensate, but its not really fair to ask the barb to compensate for you because they already spend enough on RB.

Now I'm not saying you can't do gamma, or that you can't survive, just saying it's a risk I wouldn't take, though honestly I would have a month ago, but my confidence in other BMs has been shattered by people who can't handle their class.

In the end it's a joint decision between you and whatever squad you get into. Do YOU want to risk 5 other people's charms, and pots, and repair bills, and their overall success? Do THEY want to risk it on you? Think hard, if you build up a bad rep by failing a lot it's hard to come back from that.

I say though you should be able to fairly easily get at least a couple pieces of the TT80 gold armor which will give ya about 10-12 more vit, and for the chest and legs you only need a total of 4 feng's steel armor plus green mats, all of which are easily obtained in runs, or cheap to buy. Also even just using mirages to get +1-3 on all your equips won't cost much with current mirage prices. Also make sure to use your sockets as best you can, but if you're concerned about money only put in averages, they are cheap after all.

I know how ya feel about wanting to do gamma while not having axe as your chosen main path, I am a fist BM to start with but I spliced axe at 70 for grinding and gamma, though I never got a gamma til 80 when I got my tt80 gold set since, like you, I didn't really have the hp to be successful. I also wasn't happy with the way I got rejected for my hp, but I understand now exactly why, having done dozens of gammas it becomes quite apparent, especially if the barb isn't as good or whatever.

GL to ya, hope you get going into gamma, and of course have fun ^^
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah for sure, my HP is definitely low. I'm not an axe BM, but for the sake of rebirth I'm using them. I'm looking for ways to improve my HP, but I really don't want to refine (serious refining) my gear and get better shards until I hit my 90's. :S

hi
    im a axe user, with a few pole skills (i need more sp b:surrender) going for axe/pole/sword = more dex, less vit than a "axe vit build" (imo not a good build, but thats just me) anyways

you vit is not that low...i have done tons of complete runs. my first full run was at lvl 71 with ppl from my fac i had less vit that you do atm and we did it just fine, with a lvl 74 barb FTW!!! yeah it was a training run and we complete it...so dont listen ppl that says that you need tons of hp etc (it helps, but isnt a must) my current hp w/o buffs is 5.4K, 7.1K buffed...and yeah now i help in the training runs (i need the sp so im capping lvl for a while) and if the barb dies i can hold agro with alpha male, stun + sutra and if i need it a hp food + my charm + stun again for 20 - 30 secs. so yeah you can do a full run right now.

now for the genie you can use tree but isnt like a must your charm will tick before tree heal you but it can help tho, second wind it would be better to avoid a couple of ticks imo (i dont use it). holy path lvl 10 is a must (if you want to make your runs fast w/o buying incenses) tingle mire is very good + your HF (maxed at your lvl its pretty usefull) earthquake is also pretty good in case that you need to push mobs into the aoe (not a must you can also use meteor rush lvl1 pole skill) a mag/vit build will be perfect to make your runs....my genie for gammas have hollypath, tingle mire, alpha male, earthquake 68vit 50mag (fast recovery, you can use holly path twice, cloud and will and holly path again, yeah the recovery rate is awesome)

charms....since i was 71 i didnt burn a bronce charm in a full run b:victory usually 15K - 25K left, now if the barb dies a lot, my charm burns >.> you can bring 2 just in case, again not a must...

you can also use Glacial Spike maybe at stage 7 - 8 when you will have chi 2 - 3, you can use it while your HF is in cooldown, i wanna try Myriad in gammas before i lvl up.
    I've read some of the guides on rebirth and the BM's role in them. It seems like one of my jobs is to hold aggro on as many mobs as possible with my AOE's so the DD's don't die while they kill them.

well your job besides do the runs as fast as possible (i usually finish my runs while the cleric and barb are doing the 2nd boss so i help digging too) is use HF when 2/3 if not all the wave is in the wiz + barrage aoe...when most of the wave is in the aoe they are suposse to be sealed you HF + tingle mire + aoe skills (you are going to get agro there) after the seal you can use your stun (more agro) then the barb can use roar to get the agro back and you keep doing damage and pushing mobs into the wiz aoe (as you can see is not like you need to try to steal agro from the barb) some wiz remove their weapon if they are getting hit hard if they dont do that barb is suposse to use alphamale (in case that their agro skill are in CD or he if they can get agro back quick enough) so if the barb really need it/doesnt have alphamale/wiz or cleric are getting are getting to much dmg you can use it, to hold agro for a while barb will get agro back as soon as possible then you can keep stuning = less dammage and so on...

thats how i do my runs...b:pleased right now im testing diferent techniques while doing the reflect mobs wave (i dont like that wave at all) sometimes i dont even hit them lol b:shutup.

again this is my personal opion and the way i complete my runs...now enjoy gamma ^^
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry but I would never gamma with you with your current equips, and your "future equips" aren't that much better. Personally if you don't have at least 6.5k hp buffed I really wouldn't trust you to live.

some ramdom squads told me the same thing back at lvl 74 - 76 when i had the exp lol dont like ramdom squads cause some barbs...well...sometimes they cant handle it. again maybe at 71 - 79 i didnt have more than 6K buffed and i did all my runs just fine
    great barb as well that could compensate, but its not really fair to ask the barb to compensate for you because they already spend enough on RB.

with just 7K now i compensate low barbs, why he cant do a regular run with a 80 barb and his hp? lol
    my confidence in other BMs has been shattered by people who can't handle their class.

well this is true b:surrender

I say though you should be able to fairly easily get at least a couple pieces of the TT80 gold armor which will give ya about 10-12 more vit, and for the chest and legs you only need a total of 4 feng's steel armor plus green mats, all of which are easily obtained in runs, or cheap to buy. Also even just using mirages to get +1-3 on all your equips won't cost much with current mirage prices. Also make sure to use your sockets as best you can, but if you're concerned about money only put in averages, they are cheap after all.

not at all...chest, leggins legendary, wristguards + boots TT green, my gear is just +2, and yeah the gold gear is expensive and since i lvl up so quick not really a must (im saving for my TT90 set) im not the most skilled bm, so why he cant make it w/o that gear if i did. i dont want to argue with you but thats your point of view that what you needed to do, i didnt and i have done tons of gammas so...also i know swords bms that get some axes and HF lvl 5 and complete runs...
    though I never got a gamma til 80 when I got my tt80 gold set since, like you, I didn't really have the hp to be successful.

sorry about that...but thats what happened to you...i dont have inmaculetes (im never going to expend 1.5 - 2mil for 50hp when for 210K i can get 40hp....it looks cool tho b:chuckle)

note: english is not my first lenguage so sorry for grammar/spelling and no, i dont wanna argue with you BUT you CANT say he cant do gamma just cause you were unable to get a squad till you get your TTgold...
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Once again thanks for all the input.

Here's what I think I'll do.

1. Get a better cape with some HP/Vit bonuses - shard with averages or beautifuls.

2. Get the gear I've set out to, shard everything with flawless citrines.

3. Refine most of it to at least +2. I've checked it out on pw calc, and I'll end up with 6.3k hp. Not quite the HP SultryShade suggested, but better than what I got right now. Hopefully it'll help me survive my first few gamma's, and with experience I'll get better at it.

4. Take out second wind and put in holy path.

Gotta do things the economic way, since I'm splitting funds with 3 people and we have limited gametime on weekdays =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    sorry about that...but thats what happened to you...i dont have inmaculetes (im never going to expend 1.5 - 2mil for 50hp when for 210K i can get 40hp....it looks cool tho b:chuckle)

lol immaculates, I'm with ya in that they're a huge waste of money, I have mostly beautiful citrines in my armor, but yeah...

Obviously there is a difference in runs between servers, more often than not it seems DW does RB differently than other servers in many ways, and there seem to be more skilled players on other servers as well, so there are always discrepancies in what is expected for this or that. I just stated my personal taste, and never once said he COULDN'T do gamma, I just said I wouldn't likely take him due to bad experiences.

EDIT: Good luck to you Asperitas, hope you do good, but even if you die, remember to pick yourself right back up and get out there again, learn from your mistakes, and be one of the good BMs, god knows there aren't enough of us...

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Obviously there is a difference in runs between servers, more often than not it seems DW does RB differently than other servers in many ways

how? me want to know :P

and yeah i agree there are a few good bms out there in my server most of the good bms are 90+ i cant wait! b:dirty wanna go againts all of them...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • numibago
    numibago Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As a bm in rebirth what you do is very simple. You aoe stun after barb aggro all mobs and bring them to the zhening spot (eye) so that they don't touch the cleric, or the less possible. You dd, using dragons and the other axe aoes, helping kill the mobs faster. When the boss wave come, and it's so simple now with alpha male, the barb aggro mobs, and when the boss comes, you use alpha male to take the aggro off barb, and dds obviously, so barb can hold boss until you finish killing most of the mobs. Now as some people said, it's important to have decent HP or when you take aggro off barb, you can get yourself killed, and put party in danger. Not to mention each time you die, there's a risk you get tped to 1k.
    And as bm in rebirth, you should focus more on doing MOB CONTROL instead of dealing insane dmg. You have a mage and archer to kill things fast. So you must stun and dragon, and pull mobs to zhen when they move away.
    This is the prophecy.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Tip: Make Tranq orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited December 2009
    how? me want to know :P

and yeah i agree there are a few good bms out there in my server most of the good bms are 90+ i cant wait! b:dirty wanna go againts all of them...b:surrender

Well it seems the general consensus on other servers that the BM do the run quests. On DW however I have never heard of a BM doing run quests, it's always the barb, and good barbs have it done by the end of the second boss, so the BM isn't alone past there much. I have heard some people say the barb will tank the first and/or second boss as well as the rest, while I've only ever seen the first boss soloed by the cleric, and the second boss duoed by cleric and archer. I don't know what is common practice on other servers but this is how it's always been on DW, at least while I've been in gamma anyway.

Now on the other hand I can see why some would say the BM should do the run quests, because of cloud sprint and WoB, and then holy path. But at the same time the barb can do the same thing except he has a perm speed boost from true form.

As for the boss tanking, I did once have to get the barb away from his run quests to save a run on the second boss cause the archer kept dieing somehow, and I see why the barb tanking him could be beneficial, but really only if he were not doing run quests.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey all,

I've read some of the guides on rebirth and the BM's role in them. It seems like one of my jobs is to hold aggro on as many mobs as possible with my AOE's so the DD's don't die while they kill them. As a result, most guides tell you to have a "shetload" of HP. I'm just a bit concerned because I want to do rebirth, but I'm not sure if I can handle it.

Here's my character's current stats.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1cfbcafc125772a0 (fully buffed)

Here's the realistic gear I plan on getting in the near future.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0e506aa9c82c1aac

I'm looking to replace the armlets and greaves of antiquity with HH80 soon, and replacing/filling up my gear with flawless citrines. I can't afford a cape of tauran chieftain atm, so I'm looking for just any random one with vit. Saving up for misties too.

On my genie, I've got Alpha Male, Tree of Protection, Second Wind and Tangling Mire.

What do you guys think?

u can handle, easy.

get few mriages get ur aror to +2, get hh80 bracer and two misty. maybe a boot with more hp/whatever, hh80 boots ****.

also refine ur XS lik +3-5, u would need that anyway
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Well it seems the general consensus on other servers that the BM do the run quests. On DW however I have never heard of a BM doing run quests, it's always the barb, and good barbs have it done by the end of the second boss, so the BM isn't alone past there much. I have heard some people say the barb will tank the first and/or second boss as well as the rest, while I've only ever seen the first boss soloed by the cleric, and the second boss duoed by cleric and archer. I don't know what is common practice on other servers but this is how it's always been on DW, at least while I've been in gamma anyway.

Now on the other hand I can see why some would say the BM should do the run quests, because of cloud sprint and WoB, and then holy path. But at the same time the barb can do the same thing except he has a perm speed boost from true form.

As for the boss tanking, I did once have to get the barb away from his run quests to save a run on the second boss cause the archer kept dieing somehow, and I see why the barb tanking him could be beneficial, but really only if he were not doing run quests.

interesting!...but we use cloud sprint + will of b. + holy path i think we can do it faster than the barbs...well yeah the cleric solo the first boss in my server too and the 2nd barb+cleric or wiz+cleric....i wanna try barb making run me tanking b:dirty
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    just get swords first souj....swords first >.>
    Gifs are hard to make work here