best veno pet?!?!

ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
wots the best veno pet w/o herc and nix 4 a lv 70 veno!b:dirty?
pls tell me !!
and wots the best : pet tanker
atker
land pet
air pet
water pet
TY 4 ANSWERS!
i luv u guys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
4.1 tome +45 vit
5.a nightfall mount
6.1kkkk atk charms
7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
8.a bigger x mas list
9.some rare chat emoticons
10.a lvl 50 assasin
b:dirty
Post edited by ATHAXIS - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    best replacement for a nix is that baby wasp thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Land Pet: Crystalline Magmite
    Air Pet: Petite Sawfly
    Water Pet: They all pretty much suck. I use a Highland Tortoise.

Also this will probably be moved to the Venomancer section.
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Land Pet: Crystalline Magmite
    Air Pet: Petite Sawfly
    Water Pet: They all pretty much suck. I use a Highland Tortoise.

Also this will probably be moved to the Venomancer section.

this is correct :)
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    wots the best veno pet w/o herc and nix 4 a lv 70 veno!b:dirty?
    pls tell me !!
    and wots the best :

pet tanker- cryst. magmite.

atker- scorpion/ sawfly

land pet- umm above? depends if ur tanking or dding. The cub is good too.

air pet- petit sawfly to dd, or flying pig to tank

water pet- as stated, they all kinda suck <_<
    TY 4 ANSWERS!
    i luv u guys!

10charsjgdgd
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    w8 till expansion and tame this...it looks awsome..
    newpetz.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    w8 till expansion and tame this...it looks awsome..
    newpetz.jpg

I'll believe it when someone on PWI tames it. The mob's name is green and not tamed in the picture so it could just be a non-aggro mob. Besides, it's stats might suck.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Moved to the correct section, please try to post in the associated forum section b:thanks
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There are no bests for any of these, only perceived bests. Part of what I enjoy about being a Veno is finding the right tool or strategy for the job. The common advice you're going to get can lead you down a narrow limiting path.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    There are no bests for any of these, only perceived bests. Part of what I enjoy about being a Veno is finding the right tool or strategy for the job. The common advice you're going to get can lead you down a narrow limiting path.
    that's it!

you should tame some different kinds of mobs and choose the 1 that matches your playing style.

for instance, no-one here preaches wolves are good for anything but i've got 1 as main pet xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    for instance, no-one here preaches wolves are good for anything but i've got 1 as main pet xD

Now that's a big fat lie! I've long been a supporter of wolves. A large number of wolves come with outrageously outlevelled skills (lunar lupin being the famous one, for holw5 at level 49, but I rather like the snakevally bloodkin - with fleshream4 at a stupidly low level)
    And slow, too.

Having SAID that... There's a reason the cookie cutter pets have that status. They're damn good at what they do.
    Magmites survive against physical attacks and hit pretty damn hard too.
    Eldergolths have range.
    The beetles and scorpions have better mdef than the magmite and the scorpion also has a realllly high attack, whilst having more survivability than, say, the kowlin.
    The shadau cub is a pretty good tank when ou can first get it, but becomes less useful (because it can't hold aggro)
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    that's it!

you should tame some different kinds of mobs and choose the 1 that matches your playing style.

I did make a thread once I think about how it would probably be wiser to use wolves as disposable grinding pets toward earning a Herc than to follow the common advice of upgrading skills on a magmite. I still often recommend a Lunar Lupin and wish I'd tried one myself.
  • Cuety - Heavens Tear
    Cuety - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i got torgin brave:tanker
    steelhide puss:lurer
    everlasting tortoise:water(until deather dancer)
    4th slot is for foxwing or a mount
  • Karixah - Dreamweaver
    Karixah - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What are your guys' opinions on foxwings as air pets?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I used a foxwing clear through to 55ish. Worked just fine.
  • Demondo - Harshlands
    Demondo - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As for me
    1)Get scorpion as first pet.
    2)Then Change it to "Volcanic malagmite"
    3)Not sure about "Small bear cub", butif you have it, its good(but all aggr goes to venomancer)
    4)Should i collect virtual money for Phoenix of Bao?
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol Don't think nix/herc is best ..make ur own its much better..<.< i use Kolwin(Petie Sawfly as pk pet.
    armored bear as tank work nice^-^

when i was lvl 1-22 i used a mink.
    lvl 22- 40 used a wolf
    40-59 kitty
    60-78 kolwin = still use it
    80+ armored bear, and i have my sawfly lvl 45 >:D with lvl 3 skils
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    lol Don't think nix/herc is best ..make ur own its much better..

Better looking? I think the Herc is sexay!
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I used piggy before having nix. I used the mech crab as my ground tank pet till I got herc. As for water just tame ones by quests you need once you get to 85 get celestial plumpfish.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To the person who asked about foxwing:
    Having used one 34-83, I've been happy enough with it. The attack obviously can't match nix or even sawfly, but for me it was worth it because they have to be one of my favorite pet designs in the game, whereas the sawfly is one of the worst, after herc and maybe a few others. For PvE, it doesn't have any real problems killing anything you need killed, and though it's no nix, it's done passably PvP. Helps that it comes with howl and flesh ream, saving you the money of buying scrolls. However, if you really want the best stats over appearance, it isn't for you.

Also: To those saying all water pets suck, let me introduce you to the celestial plumpfish. >.>; Starts at Lv 80, and is quite solid, stats comparable to the golems and decent skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What are your guys' opinions on foxwings as air pets?
    They are pretty good although most say to get sawfly if you want to take the time to lvl it up and ir get stuck a lot on land mobs.Foxwings don't and don't get the lvl 60 one get the Pinnear or maybe the lvl41.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Foxwings get stuck along with any other air pet, nix included. And if you're going to use one, I strongly suggest the Lv 34 one, yeah. They can be found in the sky near Hidden Orchid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009

Also: To those saying all water pets suck, let me introduce you to the celestial plumpfish. >.>; Starts at Lv 80, and is quite solid, stats comparable to the golems and decent skills.

I have one, loaded herc buffs / reflect on it and it sucks. It's attack isn't what the Golem's is, and it's slow BUT for that rare occasion that you need a water tank (undying hornshell), it can be handy.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The only advantage I see to a plumpfish is that leveling a water pet is a hassle, and the plumpfish is already at 80. A tortise destroys it in every other way, at 85 it has the stats of a Plumpfish at 105. The plumpfish is slightly faster, but since movement in water is slower anyways, speed needs judged on a different scale. Even a turtle at high levels moves a good bit faster than you.
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    I like the size of the plumpfish and the speed at 90 is 7.5 (plumper) vs 6 (turtle)? I already feel the plumpfish is too slow. Speed may be relative in it keeping up to you in the water, but it still has to traverse a distance to grab aggro off an ambush mob and the Death Dancer is far better at that. Speed of attacks isn't affected by water. The deathdancer like the Kowlin though takes work to keep it alive. With not much variety in the water though..
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Don't really need herc buffs on a fish lol..
    my level 85 plumpfish can tank undying hornshell with just me healing, no buffs on it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i'm going to have to turn everyone's attention to the new dark wanderer pet.

it's stat distribution is high for attack and pdef. mediocre hp, but it's attack rate is 0.8/s (as opposed to scorp's 0.6)

comes with roar, pierce, and tough. i think this can be a really good attack pet later on
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Attack scales to attack rate, .6 and .8 are the same in that regard. Skill use is more beneficial on a .6 pet than on a .8 pet due to how they work.

To give you an example here, lets say you've got two identical pets. They both do 2250 damage/sec, one with .6 attack rate and one with .8 attack rate (this is similar to a high level scorpion/wanderers). The scorpion will have 3750 attack while the wanderer has 2812 attack. Using that data, take a look at lets say... bash 5. The scorpion hits for 7500 (3750*2), and with the 1.5 sec skill cast time, loses 3375 damage, meaning bash adds 4125 damage, which turns into 434.21 damage/second (1.5 cast, 8 cooldown for a 9.5 sec bash cycle). The wanderer on the other hand would do 5624 with bash, still lose that same 3375 damage, and end up with 2249 damage or 236.74 damage/second. Meaning the wanderer, though very close in regular attack damage (under 1% less), comes in at 54.52% in skills. If you put claw on your damage dealing pet the difference becomes even larger.

Anyways, it's ok but it's not as much damage as a scorpion. If you're using it, you're trading off some offense for some defense. If you're willing to do that, you would probably be better off using a walker or magmite as the dd pet to tell the truth.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Attack scales to attack rate, .6 and .8 are the same in that regard. Skill use is more beneficial on a .6 pet than on a .8 pet due to how they work.

To give you an example here, lets say you've got two identical pets. They both do 2250 damage/sec, one with .6 attack rate and one with .8 attack rate (this is similar to a high level scorpion/wanderers). The scorpion will have 3750 attack while the wanderer has 2812 attack. Using that data, take a look at lets say... bash 5. The scorpion hits for 7500 (3750*2), and with the 1.5 sec skill cast time, loses 3375 damage, meaning bash adds 4125 damage, which turns into 434.21 damage/second (1.5 cast, 8 cooldown for a 9.5 sec bash cycle). The wanderer on the other hand would do 5624 with bash, still lose that same 3375 damage, and end up with 2249 damage or 236.74 damage/second. Meaning the wanderer, though very close in regular attack damage (under 1% less), comes in at 54.52% in skills. If you put claw on your damage dealing pet the difference becomes even larger.

Anyways, it's ok but it's not as much damage as a scorpion. If you're using it, you're trading off some offense for some defense. If you're willing to do that, you would probably be better off using a walker or magmite as the dd pet to tell the truth.

I've recently been raising a Seamonster Guardian for the purpose of a DD pet. I already have a Glacial Walker, but he's getting replaced by a Hercules as soon as I decide to get one.

The Seamonster Guardian has an attack speed of .8, so with Claw (which I intend to get for either my marksman or my DD pet) the difference in DPS would be very large compared to the scorpion. But assume I'm using this pet on a TT boss, where its skills would steal aggro very quickly, so only Claw is being used.

Would the difference, in that case, be large enough to warrant raising a scorpion instead? (note, this pet will likely become my primary grind pet as well, so extra defenses might be helpful)
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    1773.6 dps for the guardian vs 1789.2 dps for the scorpion, level 85 (calculated attack). That's without skills. In short, not really... the scorpion is the best but it doesn't win by a very large margin. Btw, the glacial walker comes in at 1774.2 dps at 85. Again, without skills.
  • Leeryn - Sanctuary
    Leeryn - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'll believe it when someone on PWI tames it. The mob's name is green and not tamed in the picture so it could just be a non-aggro mob. Besides, it's stats might suck.

Funny how it seems to be a perfect replacement for a magmite. xD Since it kinda is one. xD