Grim_Reaper/ - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I here it's bannable on pvp serversb:shocked
Post edited by Grim_Reaper/ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Greifing other players is, quite rightly, a bannable offence.

If you have to ask if you're doing wrong, then you probably are.
  • Grim_Reaper/ - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Greifing other players is, quite rightly, a bannable offence.

If you have to ask if you're doing wrong, then you probably are.

lol it ain't might fault it's fun camping oracle spotsb:chuckle
    That's BS as well care bear people shouldn't be allowed on pvp servers they ruin itb:angry
    Didn't know it's wrong to pk ppl on a pvp serverb:surrender
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    camping QUEST spots and PKing is banable, Oricles aren't a quest, they're optional, notthat I can speak as a GM or anything but I'd think you shouldn't be banned for it.

and greifing "other players" is only greifing if you're only targeting one person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Might be bannable if you do it over and over and over again, since that IS just deliberate grief, but pretty sure it's ok to pop round to each briefly and drop an AOE or two :P
    edited December 2009
    I don't care if it's greifing or not it's a pvp server If someone wants to camp a oracle spot I think they can but it ain't are fault if the same morons we just killed keeps coming back only to do it so he can get someone banned =/
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Might be bannable if you do it over and over and over again, since that IS just deliberate grief, but pretty sure it's ok to pop round to each briefly and drop an AOE or two :P
    just AOE'em yourself lol the whole 2xp per kill for hours might be fun :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I don't care if it's greifing or not it's a pvp server If someone wants to camp a oracle spot I think they can but it ain't are fault if the same morons we just killed keeps coming back only to do it so he can get someone banned =/

Well, that is griefing -.-

Why shouldn't they come back? They want to use oracles, a feature of pwi, and play the game just like anyone else. And you believe completely shutting them off from that for your own amusement is fair? The only fun involved if for you, nobody else, that's just degrading pvp into simple bullying. Enjoy your ban.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Why shouldn't they come back? They want to use oracles, a feature of pwi, and play the game just like anyone else. And you believe completely shutting them off from that for your own amusement is fair? The only fun involved if for you, nobody else, that's just degrading pvp into simple bullying. Enjoy your ban.
    PKing is also a feature of pwi -.- If the wanted PEEVEEEEEE they should have rolled a PvE server, this is what we do. Camping, crashing, humiliating or plain making others life a living a hell.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Avoided saying QFT for fear of care bear flames XD
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol it ain't might fault it's fun camping oracle spotsb:chuckle
    That's BS as well care bear people shouldn't be allowed on pvp servers they ruin itb:angry
    Didn't know it's wrong to pk ppl on a pvp serverb:surrender

Go Play in the Street, MonkeyBoy.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • IKnowRight - Harshlands
    IKnowRight - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I seriouslly doubt that 70% of the people that claimed to be camped know or that is or are in fact being so. It's just an easy excuse to say "iam a worthless nobody that will orale to 100 to be something. So leave me alone or i will call the GMs". I mean you get killed once and u are being camped? LOL fail >.>
    edited December 2009
    I seriouslly doubt that 70% of the people that claimed to be camped know or that is or are in fact being so. It's just an easy excuse to say "iam a worthless nobody that will orale to 100 to be something. So leave me alone or i will call the GMs". I mean you get killed once and u are being camped? LOL fail >.>
    Just like this dude? ttpk.jpg
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:cry we cant camp oracle spots

*picks a blue name* *clicks Bids* nuuu, not working

..wait ima blue named too o.o , i dont need to invite oracled-fish in my squads *hm*
    i like potato
    edited December 2009
    Just like this dude? ttpk.jpg

Do you save all my images? b:chuckle
    edited December 2009
    Do you save all my images? b:chuckle
    Maybe b:sin
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009

And camping oracle spots, griefing low players just prove's they are worthless nobodys who cant handle people their own level..

If you cant PK people you own level... STFU, GTFO and roll a PvE server.

Sick of Idiots who think they are pr0 killing low level's, seriously give the rest of us a bad name.
    edited December 2009
    And camping oracle spots, griefing low players just prove's they are worthless nobodys who cant handle people their own level..

Sick of Idiots who think they are pr0 killing low level's, seriously give the rest of us a bad name.

Cause crashing 7 90+ in 3 map is killing lowbies too.. move along d00d
    btw when HL was beginning i didnt saw a lot of people rush to pk the 90's of that time. O wait.. was i there?
  • Axel - Harshlands
    Axel - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would offer cookies to people for every person they killed at oracles, but with the sheer number of people lined up for AoEs, it would require diverting all of the worlds sugar and other cookie ingredients to this one cause and I think that might anger some people.

Anyway, if it's a PvP server, I say the people being camped should just stfu and go QQ in a corner. You chose to play a PvP server, if you're not a glutton for punishment, you don't belong there. As for griefing, killing a single person again and again is the definition I am seeing, so just label it as a KOS on all people using oracles and there ya go, KOS is a much nicer way to put it isn't it? It effectively is the same thing, except on a much greater (and far more fun) scale. I support oracle spot camping, it amuses me because I'm not an idiot who has to buy his levels in order to improve my ego, my ego is already large enough b:laugh

If its a PvE server, go out of pk mode, if the high levels there KS it, maybe they are oracling too and you just are out of luck, go play the game. If they're killing the oracle mobs for no real reason other then to keep you from killing it, I say kudos to them, they have a lot of free time (lucky :/) and you yourself should go and play the game and level that way. Some level 100s with insane as hell gear and money should just set a zhen up on the oracle mobs sometime. This way I can laugh at all the rich kids who have no clue how to play the game.

IN SUMMARY: Oracle noobs are noobs. You will sit and wait for hours on end for the respawns since everyone and their mother is also gonna be there. You will be pked, and I will laugh at you. You will QQ, and the forums will have flame wars and lolz. PK on a PvP server is the POINT of a PvP server, despite popular opinion.

ADDED **** BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO :
    If pk is deemed bannable at oracles, does that not defeat the point of a PvP server in a world PvP game? For all the people trying to level in peace, heres a bit of advice, level somewhere else. It is not that hard, and I guarantee you that the pkers are gonna focus on the oracle spots. I only wish I was higher level so I could join in the party b:chuckle
    For some reason, I post more now then I did when I actually played this game...does that make me a troll?
    *Waiting on Tideborn*
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Honestly if I had the money I would pay people to camp oracle spots and pk all the noobs that think its the best/only way to level.

Bottom line is camping and griefing low players really only would apply to mandatory quests that prevent someone from progressing and leveling... Hate to break it to you noobs but oracles are optional quests and you can level without them.

Quit the QQ about dying, just because you have a larger pocket book doesn't mean you can make up new rules.
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Someone that chooses a pvp server knows they are going to be pk'd.

That being said, no one likes being harrased all the time by higher lvls just because those high lvls can kill them.

It might seem "fun" to kill a low lvl newbie, but once those new ones get much higher will it be the same fun ? I think not.

Players that kill very low lvls just because they think they're "awesome" or because they think they have more rights are kind of pathetic.

I only have respect for those players that can pvp others in their own level range, at least that takes some skill. And i'm sure that many others feel the same way.

One reason i didn't pick a pk server is just because you meet players that abuse others. In pk, you will always find those, and i'd rather avoid them.

Besides, it seems to me that most forget that those same low lvls probably have a high lvl char. I'd like to see if people find it "fun" when those guys go on their high lvls and spank their asses in return. There is 2 sides to everything..some forget that.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    griefing low players really only would apply to mandatory quests that prevent someone from progressing and leveling..

Actually griefing can apply to anything not just quests
    A griefer is a player who plays a multiplayer video game to irritate and harass other players, rather than in pursuit of game objectives

Ie: Someone grinding on non-quest mobs and you purposly set out to harass and spoil their enjoyment of the game is griefing (and no not talking about random pking people once or twice but repeatably in a short space of time ).. and is bannable in Most MMO's

But hey i will be camping the oracle spots........... but killing the campers.. b:victory
    edited December 2009
    Whats the enjoyment they get outta killing mobs all day I wonder b:question
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    PKing is also a feature of pwi -.- If the wanted PEEVEEEEEE they should have rolled a PvE server, this is what we do. Camping, crashing, humiliating or plain making others life a living a hell.

No...no it's not. That's like saying swearing is a feature of pwi because you can do it through chat...and then wondering why the GM's are banning you over it. You aren't PK'ing.... you're intentionally harassing and bullying some person to bits through pk.

"This is what we do"? Aren't you even slightly ashamed to be saying that O_o I bet you're just as tough irl..... oh wait.
    edited December 2009
    You play pve.. mind ur business. If this was about mobs i will call you mkay?
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I love this argument.

By your own logic, anyone who plays on a pvp server has no idea about monsters or bosses, so you can't talk about them either, right?b:chuckleb:laugh

Perhaps we have multiple characters across servers, and don't feel like changing forum avatars for each post. Perhaps we go into pvp mode on our own server. Perhaps we just like annoying people like you. The list goes on endlessly....
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
    edited December 2009
    Besides, it seems to me that most forget that those same low lvls probably have a high lvl char. I'd like to see if people find it "fun" when those guys go on their high lvls and spank their asses in return. There is 2 sides to everything..some forget that.

naw I have been thrown lines like these but it was just Bs happened to me once, when I was lvl 36 and this archer who was lvl 40 go his **** killed by me 2 times. Then he Pm's me saying that he will get on his main and pk me, turns out he got some lvl 60+ wizard to do it for him lol. So I got on my former man and pked his **** 5 or 6 times then he throws the little comment I'm going to have you banned.b:chuckle
    He also stated that having a charm is cheating.b:shocked

Perhaps we have multiple characters across servers,
    and it's your pve asses who come over to are server and try to change it to your server that's Bs
    Pve people need to keep there asses at the PvE server u guys make are servers look like shet!
    I should now I came from a pvp server when Before I started playing on this game and I can tell that the pvp on Hl is quite sad imo
    edited December 2009
    Half of the replis in thread about PvP are made by players of PvE servers. The best was prob that on guy that said pking is like rl murder so i should join the army. If you read his pots maybe you will realiza why i don't care about ur biased comment.

YOU KILLED ME!! I'AM CALLING UP MY LAWYER!! - By Kharonte after getting rolled at swamp oracle - Harshlands server

Do you realize why PVE servers are more occupied then PVP servers?

1. they can lvl in peace.

2. there is not some wanker on every corner trying to pk them when they tp somewhere.

3. they hate LOSING gear.

4. most PVPers are spiteful and hateful kids who enjoy harassing other players.
    5. PvP is boring when you get ganged up upon by some higher lvls that think "oooh, i killed someone, i"m awesome". And those same kids think it means anything when confronted with REAL life.

6. PvP doesn't mean anything. It just means you spend lots of time in a pixellated game trying to be better then someone else who also plays the same game. In the end, no one will remember you. 1 month after quitting my previous game (massive PvP) i couldn't even remember the game NAME itself. And that after over 5 years of playing it.

I had to think more then 10 seconds to remember it. and even then i had it wrong.

So wake up and think. PvP means you like killing others. You know what ? Do like i did, join the army. At least then you get paid for it

Found it. Highlighted the fun parts
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

rofl me wafflez
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Fear Mah Hamtastic Powah~
    ("')(O.o)("')

1. Camping Oracle spots is not griefing......The person whos dying is intentionally coming to the killer......thats suicide not griefing.
    2. Oracles be Optional Quests (except for striped spider king) In other words....Do Not Affect The Progress of Teh Game (other then speeding it up)~
    3. Me reasons for camping on the 16th and for a few days after be since me don't want to see level 90+ characters of the new class running around within weeks of the expansion. b:shocked
    4. It will be teh fun if enough high level people end up there.
    (^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Sorry but you are a complete idiot. If they create PvP servers, PK is a part of pwi.
    A lot of people are unable to understand harrasing and pking. They mix the 2 things. Also a lot of people that joined PvE did so after getting facerolled in a pvp server so they hate it and we still have to hear the crying.. btw i love how u and a lot more people bring real life to a discussion about a game.