edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I thought you where not allowed to pk hereb:sad

2009-12-1321-51-46.jpg
Post edited by Niro_Etran - Lost City on

Comments

• Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No pking low levels who are questing... i don't believe it says anything about you =P

Especially since you were red =P
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    Niro_Etran - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    QQ I was going to help a friend with quest and got one shot by this guyb:surrender
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You got one-shot by Pope? Wow lol. Not that Pope is bad, it's just... you're a 6x BM lol. I hope it was one killer zerk+crit and u had alter marrow magical on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lmao, you got owned bra
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pift.
    This be Lost City...not Harshland.
    b:chuckle

yesh you can be killed...especially since you be 6x (which means you don't really need any quests in there.)
    and you be red.
    and apparently he only killed you once.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axel - Harshlands
    Axel - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wait wait wait... I take a vacation for several months to deal with real life **** and now we cant pk in SP?
    For some reason, I post more now then I did when I actually played this game...does that make me a troll?
    *Waiting on Tideborn*
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lulz

/10char
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How come his attack isnt showing on your damage log , it seems scrolled up to Yan the Traitor . Maybe an interesting fact , or maybe not
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The fact that you can get banned for pk'ing in a 'pvp' server is probly the reason why i never went there. So many bs rules where there isnt supposed to be any.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oxytorch wrote: »
    How come his attack isnt showing on your damage log , it seems scrolled up to Yan the Traitor . Maybe an interesting fact , or maybe not

Happens if you get oneshot hard enough sometimes. b:surrender I would know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    /facepalm.
  • Liske - Lost City
    Liske - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You are not allowed to pk is SP at all.... I have a friend who got banned for pking lvl 70+ers from an 'enemy' guild in there. He questioned this and they were very clear: ALL pking in Secret Passage and beginning of cube is forbidden.

You could file a ticket with this screenshot.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You are not allowed to pk is SP at all.... I have a friend who got banned for pking lvl 70+ers from an 'enemy' guild in there. He questioned this and they were very clear: ALL pking in Secret Passage and beginning of cube is forbidden.

Eatwithspoons himself has replied to me saying that each individual case is up to the digression of the particular GM in charge of the case at hand. Some may say none is allowed in there at all while others may think that killing one person, one time, who does not have any questing in there whatsoever, and who is bright red name, would be totally acceptable.

I was of the opinion that a better system needed to be established but atleast it was an official GM response. They may have perhaps made an official ruling since then as his response was near the start of the bans. If so, I think it should be posted clearly somewhere on the forums.

Otherwise, I refer you back to my first paragraph.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grim_Reaper/ - Harshlands
    Grim_Reaper/ - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't know why you QQ about being pked on a pvp server, it's laughable b:chuckle
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well if it is forbiden

inbe4lock

cuz then the no naming and shaming rule still exists lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liske - Lost City
    Liske - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My friends get banned for pking in SP, and they were pking there for many different reasons. I think all should be treated equal. Or you forbid pk in SP all together and make this officially known, or you make it safezone, or you simply allow pk everywhere out of safe. I have filed tickets, as did my friends, to ask to make it clear when and where pking is not allowed on a pvp server. If you ban people for a pking on a pvp server, which i kinda think is weird anyway, at least make sure people can know when they are breaking a rule. And make sure its not totally random either: all GMs should follow the same policy, because if not it's simply unfair. Dunno how many tickets need to be filed get some clarity on this issue.

I think pking lvl 30s as a high level is lame, but we are on a pvp server by choice. I got pked too once as a lvl 30 in SP, and a GM was standing right next to us. Didn't hear me QQ. Getting pked on a pvp server is very normal...
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've pk'd in there. It was a KOS pk and I only did it once then PKd the player again on his way back outside.

As long as you keep it quick and not harassing then you will have no worries.

Mental Note: Niro hangs there, must check in there once in a while to pk squishy blademaster.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Seriously O_o

I mean, I'm no fan of PK by any means and in my opinion a lot of "harmless pk" is usually griefing and bullying and only fun for the pk'er.... but that's seems a little harsh ^^ I mean, making a server pure pk then banning ALL pk in a certain area? They could at least make it all safezone if they want to keep it clear for quests.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    There is harassing and then there is tasteful KOS pking.

Pking one person once does nothing harmful other than letting them know you still have them on your kill list.

The only way you will stop PKing in SP is if they program the instance with the same coding as SafeZone.

Which will never happen.
  • IKnowRight - Harshlands
    IKnowRight - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If this in indeed forbidden which i think it should not be >.> why not turn SP in a huge SZ. Since you are at it why not make the whole map a huge SZ except west arch ramp.
    edited December 2009
    If this in indeed forbidden which i think it should not be >.> why not turn SP in a huge SZ. Since you are at it why not make the whole map a huge SZ except west arch ramp.
    That's too much work for pwi b:shocked
    edited December 2009
    I know right? Like the entrance of cube. Its forbidden omg it is!! But still is not SZ.
    Not to talk about people that die in SP or w/e and submit tickets 5 months later so people miss TW's lmao
    edited December 2009
    I know right? Like the entrance of cube. Its forbidden omg it is!! But still is not SZ.
    Not to talk about people that die in SP or w/e and submit tickets 5 months later so people miss TW's lmao
    btw incoming thread lock
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am pretty sure that PKing in SP is OK, but that preventing people from doing their quests is not ok.

But, I have also heard that GMs are human.
    edited December 2009
    I am pretty sure that PKing in SP is OK, but that preventing people from doing their quests is not ok.

But, I have also heard that GMs are human.
    Preventing people from doing stuff is among the reasons why we pk?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    When you PK in SP just make sure you have a reason and don't harass the player.

Killing someone even if they are helping another player is not a big deal and part of the game. The killed player will just rez back to the temple and take 2 minutes to get back to helping. Let them go and all will be merry.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Preventing people from doing stuff is among the reasons why we pk?

Part of what open PK is about is that IMO - to prevent other people from doing their things so that they don't level, thus having less competition on a long-term basis. I used to play in open PK games and if you were to grind in a certain area, nearly 90% of the time you'd get PKed just to prevent you from leveling.

And that's why I'm on a PVE server, lol. Got sick of dealing with that.

I think one of the reasons there's no PK in SP is because there's only one way to access the zone itself. Which was, I believe, one of the main reasons for PKing there - no way to avoid the PKers. At least outside you can run away or fight back easily... although going into the safe zone takes what, 3 seconds in SP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
    edited December 2009
    Part of what open PK is about is that IMO - to prevent other people from doing their things so that they don't level, thus having less competition on a long-term basis. I used to play in open PK games and if you were to grind in a certain area, nearly 90% of the time you'd get PKed just to prevent you from leveling.

And that's why I'm on a PVE server, lol. Got sick of dealing with that.

I think one of the reasons there's no PK in SP is because there's only one way to access the zone itself. Which was, I believe, one of the main reasons for PKing there - no way to avoid the PKers. At least outside you can run away or fight back easily... although going into the safe zone takes what, 3 seconds in SP?
    I don't get why they don't go away for a while and come back later.
    edited December 2009
    Or choose another spot? Lets see your 87. You get loads of exp at fish. PK's kick u out. You have choices. Kill other mobs or fight the PK's. PvP for grind spots is awesome :)
    But ye you want it now so if u dont do it NOW you report me for camping :( QQ wannabe
This discussion has been closed.