Looking 4 pro advice

GrEEwland - Lost City
GrEEwland - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Barbarian
I'm 79th level barb, and currently am putting all of my attribute points to vit. I got some good variabilites of barbarian build. 1st one is "The Pure vit" build. - Put your points by axe requierments and that indefinentely. That means i can wear each and every axe I buy. Second 1 is much more usefull, I name it "More pure than pure vit build", to any squad I am in and is my prefer. - Put Str to 227 and Dex to 49 because HH90 armour requiers that. Calamities are my end-game weapon in that case, and i power up them with refining. After that i put my all stats to vit. On that way I would max the potential that barb gets from vitality stat. That is pretty much okay for me but I need another opinion. We all know that I would have with average (HH set + some mold stuff and vit+ stuff) more than 20k HP with my buff and in tiger form. My path would definently be Sage because that's tanking path. We all know that path is slavery path but i like that. Clerics and barbs are doomed to slavery so ... why wouldn't I be a slave with my best friend (cleric)... I would say, the best squad on server is a squad between cleric and barb, because they hold the ground of every squad. Please answer me the best you can and try to help me.. Thank you
Post edited by GrEEwland - Lost City on

Comments

• Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i think its pretty stupid to go for calamities if you wanna tank that bad take other axes those are pretty much gonna **** you zerk isnt nice for someone who wants to be a pure tank just roll the ordinary build
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • DraykeHeart - Heavens Tear
    DraykeHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    For a practical and efficient (in your words) "More pure than pure vit build",

Go with the Frostcover Sign Axes= Pan Gu's Giant Axe,

More HP given than Calamity Axes AND you get a chance to activate a Chi shield, which reduces dmg by 20% instead of a chance to lose 5% hp.

☆Pan Gu's Giant Axe
    Poleaxe
    Grade 12
    Attack Range 3.5
    Physical attack 449-1347
    Str required 252
    Agi required 51
    Level Required: 85

HP: +205

Vitality +14~15

Shield of Chi: Has a chance to cast a shield of Chi around you
    which reduces all damage taken by 20%.
  • GrEEwland - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    if i have calamities i can certainly easier keep agro from DDs, if i'm tanking that means i'm on heal, meaning, cleric either spams me, either he BBs. so, calamities aren't doing that much damage to my health. i must admit, i had certain advice from my friend about pan-gu axe. i don't know, i really don't want to go to any axe that's higher than 90th lvl because, it takes just too much STR. i think you must admit that
  • DraykeHeart - Heavens Tear
    DraykeHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Pan Gu axes are lvl 85 req with 252 str req
    tt90 axes are lvl 90 req with 272 str req.

Pan Gu axes also make excellent grinding axes in the long run, in addition to tanking.
    Calamites are only particularily effective during an AoE grind, something an axe bm specializes in.
    Basically, Pan Gu axes quite the efficient axes for a more pve, tanker based player which from what i can tell, is you(i think ^^)
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if i have calamities i can certainly easier keep agro from DDs, if i'm tanking that means i'm on heal, meaning, cleric either spams me, either he BBs. so, calamities aren't doing that much damage to my health. i must admit, i had certain advice from my friend about pan-gu axe. i don't know, i really don't want to go to any axe that's higher than 90th lvl because, it takes just too much STR. i think you must admit that

hate to tell you but keeping agro has nothing to do with how much damage your axes do. trust me....ANY other class will out dd and steal agro when tanking with or without gx and 75% of the time in human form as a barb. agro consists of flesh ream and more flesh ream. learn to keep your chi as full as possible and flesh ream every 3 seconds. no one will take agro.

as for axes i still break 20.5k hp with my dd gear on. thats crit rings, strength neck and belt and tt99 gold axes. tanking gear consits of hp rings, swindlers neck chrono belt and lunar axes. puts me at almost 22k. btw those numbers are for tt90 green +5 gear w/ immaculate shards wich is considered "average".
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    go see stats for gx and put 60 dex ..rest putin vit...you will want to kill someone sometime and gx is a the weapon to do it..make 60 dex for 3% crit and accuracy.. want more hp and more def go sage...and with mastery and 99 buf sage u end up more dmg then demon barbar...mastery=100%, dmg buf =50%
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ...and with mastery and 99 buf sage u end up more dmg then demon barbar...mastery=100%, dmg buf =50%

HUMAN with Axe and Hammer Mastery + Strength of the Titans

SAGE:
    +150% weapon damage

DEMON:
    +115% weapon damage
    +7% critical rate

TIGER with Axe and Hammer Mastery + Strength of the Titans

SAGE:
    +100% weapon damage
    +120% p.def
    +40% HP

DEMON:
    +115% weapon damage
    +11% critical rate
    +80% p.def
    +30% HP

the base damage from sage is lil higher...

but if u put the skills bonus too then demon will always deal more damage due to the +%crit rate...

averange demon crit rate can go from

15% to 40% to 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hate to tell you but keeping agro has nothing to do with how much damage your axes do. trust me....

Yes it does.. Just not as good as skills that are meant to "hold" aggro.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Greetings guys, just to avoid making another thread about this, I'll post here since it has a lot to do with question. As you all can see my Barb is lvl 78 now(almost 50%, but I'm not as active cuz I'm at Uni) and will be 80 very soon. As I had considered before hitting lvl 70, I decided that I would want to be a Sage Barb at lvl 89b:victory.

I used ecatomb to with helping me know how lvling my skills would cost me and I often saw the Sage/Demon stuff which I didnt consider until I saw the benefits of each path. Sage goes perfect with my style of playing, i.e. Tanking and helping ppl out, according to the skill benfits including the Spark and Chi technique.

What I want is some equipment and Sage skill prority advice from the Sage Barbs out there, especially what armor I can get for lvl 90-100 (btw, poor, non-CSer Barb hereb:chuckle). With the PW Calculator, this is what I have planned for lvl 80 (I have Calamities too, but I've seen they're a bad choice for Tanking) http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e97f4c6d647356f0
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • GrEEwland - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    dude, calamities are very good, and when you zerk and crit ... you must be happy... i have pan gu now, and i sold calamities, though i'm very sad bout it... didn't use pan gu yet but calamities were very useful for me, and they would've been still to go afk and DD for a bit... i had very good dmg... with that dmg you can easier keep agro... i mean, this is my equipment - misty +4, +2, fengs plate +1, helm (700hp), hh80 wrist, boots, sea captain, elemental necklace and belt, robe cape of tauran... i would never tank without cleric :S and for grind i need some regen or gloom axes :S, so, that's my opinion