Options
    And Volst wins!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Chrisantha - Dreamweaver
    Chrisantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I might make 1, 2 or more entries later. I also like the other peoples entries, there are a lot of talented people on here :)

Perfectworldstocking2.jpg
  • Bestever - Lost City
    Bestever - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    heres mine took me a while may fill in backround still thinkin and thanks spoons for the messed up fill effect made my project that much longer lol jk

2nbc3ys.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bestever - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    second in ten mins pretty basic yet still complicated
    vgtg0.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bestever - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    heres my third not the best but wanted to try my rendition of "stainglass" i think it went well
    2w3x4pj.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bestever - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    here he is got the idea from thinking of puppets and the color came to me from sesame street lol he took some time but takeing the brush and slowy doing the outline tend to get rid of the pesky problem with fill and i forgot that brush was that similar to pencil this whole time pencil was what i was usin
    2506kvq.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm not very good at this but here goes anyways! b:cute

pwipaintcontestendsdec2.png
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, since my other submission doesn't count. Here's another, this time without borrowing images.
    stocking5.jpg

And here it is in PNG rather than JPG because looking at it right now... color compression was not kind, especially on the gift box/anniverary pack/whatever pack type things. Take a look. Funny thing is, the png is a smaller file size.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bah, my bf is pestering me to post my crappy doodle that I did yesterday. Not my best work, but makes me giggle.

r7ovoz.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Koenich - Lost City
    Koenich - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    2lkwdh2.jpg

the incredible b:angry
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lolololololololololololololololololololololololol
    11v2n37.jpg
    http://i48.tinypic.com/11v2n37.jpg
  • Desdemonaaa - Lost City
    Desdemonaaa - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ophida yours is so cute ^_^

& gotta love the hulk too, right? b:victory

After work today I'll post my next entry... it's kinda girly b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    Options
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    After seeing the others, I know I've lost. Oh well. b:surrender
    stocking.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    Candydrop - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    2rgyzis3.jpg

my 2nd one b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Volst, I don't know how much win you've won. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Devinettie - Heavens Tear
    Devinettie - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    24x3ozk.jpg

Windings fonts make great snowflakes.. and since its a part of paint..it's allowed right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm NOT a perfect girl... My hair doesn't always stay in place, I spill a lot of things and I'm pretty clumsy, but when I stop and take a step back and think, I remember how amazing my life is, and that... Maybe I like being Imperfect.
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bah, my bf is pestering me to post my crappy doodle that I did yesterday. Not my best work, but makes me giggle.

r7ovoz.jpg

Ophida!
    Can you make me a siggie? :3 b:chuckle
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    TABLETS! Ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    2 questions :P.

alot of these look like theyre done on oekaki boards (which aent MSpaint, as much as theyd like to claim they are!), which are for more advanced than paint programs in terms of features (especially bezier curving tools which are freakin cheap.) do those even count?

do those of us without tablets also have a bit of a fair judgment still :P? just wondering, some people seem to have advantages that werent clearly defined in the rules :B.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Before reading thread: Wow! An art contest that's actually at my level of skill!

After reading thread and seeing all the entries: b:surrender

Still, I may give this a shot anyways for the lulz- which, as spoons says, is the whole point of this contest.

Wish a friend of mine who does pixel art played PW, he'd be able to do something epic with this.
    Both actually, i use the tablet to draw the primitive sketch in one color, mainly to draw quickly some lines until i find the good one. Then I draw a clean version over it, in a second darker color, using lines and curves with the mouse. At this stage you just have to delete your old sketch by filling your drawing with the same color and reffiling it in white.
    Once I have the "lineart", I put the flat colors and I draw areas inside with the tone i want to do highlights and shadows, still using lines, curves and the mouse... (minimum 3 different tones, 4 if needed) and fill it.
    Tablets? Those aren't mentioned at all in the rules, but it seems to me that it kinda defeats the spirit of MSPaint-only. (Not deliberately trying to get you disqualified or anything, just wanna be clear on the rules. Regardless of legality of your images, I still bow to your leet art skillz.)
    Someone did the Mona Lisa on MS Paint as well right? That's what my friend told me, and it looked amazing too.
    Regarding the Mona Lisa MSPaint video... it's quite easy for someone with sufficient programming knowledge to write a program that reads an image and then recreates it step-by-step to create the illusion of it being done by a human. (Well, not easy, but definitely more plausible than someone doing it by hand.)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

alot of these look like theyre done on oekaki boards (which aent MSpaint, as much as theyd like to claim they are!), which are for more advanced than paint programs in terms of features (especially bezier curving tools which are freakin cheap.) do those even count?

do those of us without tablets also have a bit of a fair judgment still :P? just wondering, some people seem to have advantages that werent clearly defined in the rules :B.

I wasn't sure quite what bezier was so I googled it...and the curve tool in paint seems to me to be pretty similar. b:surrender

As far as tablets...I'm just hoping this is less about "ZOMGZ SO PRETTEH" and more about creativity. Because no way anything I did was done with a tablet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, spoons did say it was about lulz rather than professionalism. I'm guessing humor is being judged first, though something that's funny and drawn well probably has an advantage.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wasn't sure quite what bezier was so I googled it...and the curve tool in paint seems to me to be pretty similar. b:surrender

As far as tablets...I'm just hoping this is less about "ZOMGZ SO PRETTEH" and more about creativity. Because no way anything I did was done with a tablet.
    the bezier curving tool found on oekaki boards is a geometric shaping tool usually used for curving on PHOTOSHOP, tis why i think it should be illegal lol. its quite a bit more advanced because it can work in 3d also compared to the basic curve one MSpaint has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • weesa
    weesa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    svi4wl.jpg
  • Gravyar - Heavens Tear
    Gravyar - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

The curve tool found in MSPaint (wich is Bezier based too) is largely sufficient if you know how to deal with the "second" curve.

As for the tablet i must plead guilty, but I only use it 20% of the time against 80% of it using the mouse. The tablet in Paint is just to draw quick lines, since if you try to draw something precisely and slowly, it starts to become laggy (at least it is for me).

Anyway here's my third entry :
    angel5.png

If someone doesn't believe it's not made with paint i've got all the bmp files of the drawing at different stages of the process to prove it. Anyway yes, this is just for the fun of it ^^
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

that looks like a sprite in some cheap 80s gameboy game b:chuckle
    edited December 2009
    Options
    stocking5.jpg

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5753511&postcount=277
    mine I posted before yours had "eat with forks" & a note from santa b:beatenup...

But anyways here is my 2nd entry b:cute
    4if05g.png

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:surrender Didn't want to double post, but here's my 3rd also :)

Don't step in the **** Santa!!

rhpen5.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]