Archers using Claws?

Options
sonofbitch
sonofbitch Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Archer
Hi, im new to the game and i like using the Claw weapon they have in the game...

I was wondering if theres a build for Archers using Claws??

Thanks for your time...
Post edited by sonofbitch on

Comments

• SpitBlood - Dreamweaver
    SpitBlood - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yeah you can throw the claws at the mobs.
    b:angry
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    people should stop giving useless input b:bye

yes there is a claw build, however i would strongly recommend getting to military rank 8 before doing so.

Reason: Rank 8 armor will reduce your attack interval, which allows you with level 3 spark to reach 5 attacks per second with a claw/fist which has -0.10 interval already.

You will also need the lvl 99 bracers (less interval) + another part of the armor for an addionally - interval.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    He made an honest question man, you could have answered.
    As for the question : no dude, you can't use claws more than just few levels at the begining. I mean, you can if you really want too, but...meh, not much of an archer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In my experience, the only reason why Archers use fists/claws is during a boss kill of sorts to help it get down to about half HP and than they nuke it using their arrows.

When the move is down to about half they usually don't have to worry about taking aggro. This is more common when a BM is the tank, is there is no barb. :)
    Please, call me Kiyo. b:thanks

"..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ugkz7d.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sonofbitch wrote: »
    Hi, im new to the game and i like using the Claw weapon they have in the game...

I was wondering if theres a build for Archers using Claws??

Thanks for your time...

If you want to use claws as your main weapon, I would recommend roll a Blademaster instead of an archer.

Archers' skills won't work with the claws, meaning you'll be always underpowered compared to archers/blademasters of your same level. It is better let your archer use a bow/xbow/slingshot as main weapon and keep a set of claws for close combat (the highest you can use without adding any adittional point to Str than the recommended for archers)
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I only use claws to ninja people and wtfpwn with demon spark, but I never took it as a serious weapon. BM's get more benefit from fist/claw builds, so if you're really intent on going down that path, roll a BM.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In my experience, the only reason why Archers use fists/claws is during a boss kill of sorts to help it get down to about half HP and than they nuke it using their arrows.

When the move is down to about half they usually don't have to worry about taking aggro. This is more common when a BM is the tank, is there is no barb. :)

Fists to half HP? Why bother taking an Archer at all if they're gonna use fists half the time, that is such a waste of a squad spot.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sonofbitch wrote: »
    <snip>

How in the world did your name get past the filter?
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How in the world did your name get past the filter?

It's not an ingame name and the forum doesn't censor the word when part of a larger word.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • SaberArturia - Dreamweaver
    SaberArturia - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's not an ingame name and the forum doesn't censor the word when part of a larger word.

Is that not some sort of glitch exploit?

On topic, I could see an Archer carrying around a fist or claw weapon just in case they run out of ammo for their main weapon. Fist and claw is the best choice out of all other weapons since Archers don't need Magic at all so magic weapons are out (I won't even touch the fact that they're not intended for melee combat anyway, though a few Blademasters need to learn that fact), axes need higher strength so Archers would have to equip a much lower leveled axe compared to fist and claw, and swords are the same as axes, though they can be a bit higher but not as high as fist or claw.

However, come December 16th, dual daggers may become a better choice for the aforementioned reason, since they seem to base their damage on Dexterity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    However, come December 16th, dual daggers may become a better choice for the aforementioned reason, since they seem to base their damage on Dexterity.

Or at least they would be if they weren't going to be a class-exclusive weapon much like crossbows/slingshots.
  • SaberArturia - Dreamweaver
    SaberArturia - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Or at least they would be if they weren't going to be a class-exclusive weapon much like crossbows/slingshots.

I see. I was not aware of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options

Any sources on that?
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Fists to half HP? Why bother taking an Archer at all if they're gonna use fists half the time, that is such a waste of a squad spot.

I think there was a topic last week taking about how not to steal aggro from the tank (and in the process build some chi), where going barehanded or equipped with claws was the most preferred choice for archers if the boss doesn't has an AoE attack, while DoTs attacks were second option (I like this one. low aggro siganture, higher damage).

So far there is no class restriction for weapons besides skills and Stat requirement and I don't think the new expansion will do different (however, orbs are a very specific weapon, this could be the exception). Any class can use a bow, but he won't take it's full advantage (bowbarians anyone? b:chuckle) like an archer does just like an archer will not take full advantage from a set of combat claws like Blademasters do.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I do use Fists/Claws for reasons:

#1 Tank is lower lvl than myself

#2 Barb sucks at tanking

#3 BM tank (but will not use above weapons for half the hp of boss)!

#4 Excelent to gain Chi fast

#5 Herc tank

#6 Debuff boss (must have debuff ability)

#7 AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST "BECAUSE I ROCK"

#8 If you disagree with any of the above refer to #7

#9 Only 1 cleric in squad when really need 2..... so cleric can heal main tank!

#10 Likes to Sage Spark w/ Fists/Claws and takes aggro (only in low lvl instances because its fun)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Demon spark + fists = no one is keeping aggro off you.. unless there is a demon fist BM there, I seriously made a level 94 barb feel bad hahaha

But everyone knows a demon fist BM is really an alt of a fist archer b:avoid
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Any sources on that?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5597852&postcount=689

One of the easier ones to find.

So far there is no class restriction for weapons besides skills and Stat requirement and I don't think the new expansion will do different (however, orbs are a very specific weapon, this could be the exception). Any class can use a bow, but he won't take it's full advantage (bowbarians anyone? b:chuckle) like an archer does just like an archer will not take full advantage from a set of combat claws like Blademasters do.
    Level a pure dex BM to 10.
    Try and equip it with a crossbow or a slingshot.
    Tell me how it goes once you've given up. b:cute
  • Shish - Lost City
    Shish - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    people should stop giving useless input b:bye

yes there is a claw build, however i would strongly recommend getting to military rank 8 before doing so.

Reason: Rank 8 armor will reduce your attack interval, which allows you with level 3 spark to reach 5 attacks per second with a claw/fist which has -0.10 interval already.

You will also need the lvl 99 bracers (less interval) + another part of the armor for an addionally - interval.

OP said they were new. I don't see how suggesting rank 8 and throwing a bunch of archer lingo in there is any less useless than the other guy.

@ the OP. To be easy and concise, there is no legitimate build for archers to use claws. Like Transcend said, roll a Blademaster. They have what you're looking for.