Mount Questions.

Elementian - Lost City
Elementian - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
1. I heard when you reach level 30, you get a free mount, Which mount is it?
2. Where do you buy other mounts?
3. Do mounts cost gold or ingame coins?
4. How much to mounts usually range from in cost?
Post edited by Elementian - Lost City on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009

You get a Aerogear at level 30, and it is not really free, you have to give the NPC some materials. Aerogears are the "mounts" that let you fly.

You can buy other aerogears from the cash shop, or from other players selling them. Please note that most of them have a level requirement, and unlike land mounts, there is no way to lower that requirement. (so dont buy a level 50 flying mount when you are only level 30 since you would not be able to use it).

Land mounts you have to buy them, however you have 3 ways to get them.
    You can do Dragon Quests and get one (you get dragon orders which you can trade for mounts, I think cheapest one requires 30 bronze and 30 silver)

You can buy a couple of horses from the pet manager. They run around 2.5million.

Or you can buy them from the cash shop or other players. The cheapest one is 5 gold. There are way to lower the level requirement on land mounts, although it costs 10-15gold to do so. That will also speed up the mount by 1m/s.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Elementian - Lost City
    Elementian - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You get a Aerogear at level 30, and it is not really free, you have to give the NPC some materials. Aerogears are the "mounts" that let you fly.

You can buy other aerogears from the cash shop, or from other players selling them. Please note that most of them have a level requirement, and unlike land mounts, there is no way to lower that requirement. (so dont buy a level 50 flying mount when you are only level 30 since you would not be able to use it).

Land mounts you have to buy them, however you have 3 ways to get them.
    You can do Dragon Quests and get one (you get dragon orders which you can trade for mounts, I think cheapest one requires 30 bronze and 30 silver)

You can buy a couple of horses from the pet manager. They run around 2.5million.

Or you can buy them from the cash shop or other players. The cheapest one is 5 gold. There are way to lower the level requirement on land mounts, although it costs 10-15gold to do so. That will also speed up the mount by 1m/s.

But what kind of Aerogear? What does it look like?
    And can I buy land mounts such as a Raptor or Ninetails from a shop with coin i earn from doing quests?
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    u can see some of the fly and land mount on that website http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/home.php ( note: that not all the mount that are available )

u can use coins to buy gold in gold aunctioner but cant use your coins directly to buy 9tails and raptor.
    u can only use your coins directly to buy 2 diferent slow horse from pet manager 2.5m each

p.s. u can buy raptor and 9tails with your coins if anoter player willing to sell it to u
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2009

As a Venomancer, you'll receive a quest whereby the Untamed recluse will give you a 'Wave Pacer' once you've given him five dull claws. Although the Wave Pacer is very slow (+0.5m/s), it certainly beats walking!

You can either purchase mounts from the cash shop ('Boutique') or occasionally, from other players using coins.

If you decide to purchase one from the Boutique, there are various mounts ranging in cost from $5 to $40 or so. Although the requisite level for these mounts tends to vary, you can lower the requisite level for most ground mounts by spurring them (which also serves to make them faster), if I remember correctly.
  • PetUser - Lost City
    PetUser - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The wave pacer isn't faster than walking with summer sprint, lol. But it is good for long, afk journeys where you can go there without crashing into a tree or something
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited December 2009

It's not a mount. It's a TEMPORARY aerogear. it depends on your class, as of which aerogear you get(Flying thingy)

Boutique and other Players (Auction House. Catshops)

Can be both.

Depends.

Tenchar
    Above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • halehuna
    halehuna Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As a Venomancer, you'll receive a quest whereby the Untamed recluse will give you a 'Wave Pacer' once you've given him five dull claws. Although the Wave Pacer is very slow (+0.5m/s), it certainly beats walking!

You can either purchase mounts from the cash shop ('Boutique') or occasionally, from other players using coins.

If you decide to purchase one from the Boutique, there are various mounts ranging in cost from $5 to $40 or so. Although the requisite level for these mounts tends to vary, you can lower the requisite level for most ground mounts by spurring them (which also serves to make them faster), if I remember correctly.

My barb got the wave pacer, too. I don't understand why only the untamed get the temporary (7 day) flying mantis. It seems to me humans should get a temporary flying sword. Only fair and good business to give a taste of flying. If there is such a thing already and somehow I missed it please let me know by replying to this post, with details if possible. Thanks. Happy pwing!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Um - so much misinformation here.

At 30 you do the NPC quest and get a permanent aerogear. It isn't very good - as said above, +0.5m/s (for a total of 5.5m/s) but it lasts forever.

You also at level 40 get, from the supply stash, a temporary flying item (lasts a week from when you turn the feather in) which is much faster. But does only last a week.

These are the same for all races - the only thing that changes is how they look.

(Elves, of course, also get their starter wings right at the start, which consume mana but can be sped up with a class skill)

Buying land pets:
    You'll often see them advertised from other players in world chat, and in cat-shops. You can also buy a horse at any pet manager for 2m coins. Alternatively, you can buy gold for coin at an auctioneer - current cost is 400k though. (Which, um, makes a panther better and cheaper than a horse. Huh.)
    Lastly - you can get a better horse as a reward from completing dragon-quest often enough, but that's a lot of dragon quests.
  • Zopply - Harshlands
    Zopply - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what mount do tideborns get? or do they even get a mount b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I know I'm beastly. You don't have to tell me.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what mount do tideborns get? or do they even get a mount b:sad

At level 30 Tideborn get wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    At level 30 Tideborn get wings.

Yer Aadi is correct in sayin that they get them at lvl 30 but they r just the wings u get from the quest. the other wings u can get r from the cash shop or boutique (depends on how u wanna say it) which lets u use them from lvl 20 b:thanks