Heals should show up as numbers just like attacks

Options
Gothikaa - Lost City
Gothikaa - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
Just like any successful mmorpg game ( e.g WoW ) i thought heals would show up as numbers just like attacks. However i was shocked to see that it isnt so. Dont u guys think that it is necessary for heals to show up as numbers? heals are just as important as attacks.

Aesthetics are a very crucial part of a game.. if heals dont show up as numbers den u might as well take away the numbers from attacks as well. Also i heard that heals dont crit, but shouldnt it? if dex = increase magical crit rates.. does that mean heals are not magical spells? well if u add the function of being able to see heals there wouldnt be so much speculations or hearsays.

i'm sure many or almost all clerics will agree with me on this point. i'm suggesting to add this in as it should have already been included when making the game.

p.s im not sure if gms or mods bother lookin at these posts as i am new to forums.. but i sure hope they do :) and thank u all for taking time to read this pls leave ur thoughts about this :)
Post edited by Gothikaa - Lost City on

Comments

• Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Agreed - also...customizable alert levels for low health. By the time I or my pet are nearly dead, it gives a warning. Not very useful.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Absolutely not unless it's an option I can turn off. I would most likely quit my cleric if I had to deal with undless nubers popping over heads when I spam heal, and on bosses with debuffs and aoes it would make it infinately harder for me to purify and the like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would really like that option, would make testing heals alot easier. of couse make it an option so it can be turned off.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Absolutely not unless it's an option I can turn off. I would most likely quit my cleric if I had to deal with undless nubers popping over heads when I spam heal, and on bosses with debuffs and aoes it would make it infinately harder for me to purify and the like.

^ This ^

I agree...and since many heals are "over time," it would be an endless stream of numbers b:shocked

You get to the point where you can time your heals and know (for the most part) which ones will do the job. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ^ This ^

I agree...and since many heals are "over time," it would be an endless stream of numbers b:shocked

You get to the point where you can time your heals and know (for the most part) which ones will do the job. =)

When players deal damage that is over time it doesn't send them into number over load so I don't see why a heal over time would. Really the number of green numbers clerics would deal in healing mode shouldn't be significantly different than the number of red numbers clerics deal in DD mode. I don't see any clerics requesting red numbers be removed.

If you are concerned about AOE heals, I still see clerics AOE grind on 20+ mobs at a time without falling down into seizures from too many red numbers.

I've been with poor clerics that don't know the best skills to heal and the game is partly responsible for not giving adequate feedback on the strength of heals.

I've had to help several clerics guage the effectiveness of different skills by lowering my HP to some amount and have them cast a single heal and then taking a before and after snapshot of my HP. If I had to do that to test attacks I'd go crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Gothikaa - Lost City
    Gothikaa - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thanks for ur input asterelle :) i do hope a GM or something would give a feedback on this. as it is really getting very very monotonous playing a cleric.. im actually building it to be more attack focused.

just waiting for the expansion to come out so i cld play a new class like an assasin and dump my cleric

so if GMs do read this.. please input your thoughts.. cause so far of all the games i've played pwi is the only game without heals showing as numbers. n it doesnt make it unique but pales in comparison instead.
  • KevinK - Sanctuary
    KevinK - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Good point asterelle. Although i think heal words should appear shiny blue >:O even though green is my favorite color.
  • KevinK - Sanctuary
    KevinK - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When players deal damage that is over time it doesn't send them into number over load so I don't see why a heal over time would. Really the number of green numbers clerics would deal in healing mode shouldn't be significantly different than the number of red numbers clerics deal in DD mode. I don't see any clerics requesting red numbers be removed.
    attacks I'd go crazy.
    Although we don't get spammed from damage over time spells, we should notice there there are noticeably long cool downs for all over-time attack spells, while ironheart can be spammed every second. That would be more clutter to count. We don't get seizures from aoe because our skills burst all at once and we don't really have to think about our damage on monsters during aoe. We usually assume that the damage on one mob is the average damage on the rest of the mobs. I believe that we would get a headache from a single target spammed with ironhearts because we are actually concentrating on all those spams over time. If we even attempt to figure out how much we heal per second for spammed ironhearts, at first glance of those infinite heals, our head would surely explode.
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I agree. Maybe have the heals appear as blue numbers. If possible try putting up a poll, you can get a lot more reactions that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    should definately be an option in the game
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'll repeat - ONLY if it is an option.

If it becomes standard I will find a new class to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3