Help with cleric or other char decision

HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
alright well im deciding between bm, cleric, and barb. so far i dont know any benifits of any of these classes (despite all of them being over 40), besides clerics get asked to fb/tt/bh/etc, alot. if you could help me with this decision that would be greatly appreciated. can clerics pvp well? are they fun (after 45ish. ) what kind of things should i be doing with my cleric to help him be more fun?

all help appreciated. thanks again

HealerOfDead
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
Post edited by HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Iaegle - Dreamweaver
    Iaegle - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Clerics get asked to do 'a lot' of things. You'll always find yourself busy and if you are not busy just stand in west arch for a bit and I'm sure you'll find something.

If you chose to do the fb/tt/rb/etc. the main thing you will always be doing is healing. There are some times that you get to attack but basically you are just sitting there spamming your heal skills.

Depending on what kind of cleric you are building you can be pretty good at pvp. Clerics have physical and magical spells which helps you to deal damage to all classes. Plus your plume shell, sleep, and seals are also good while doing pvp. Just make sure you get gear to back up you low phy. defense and your low hp.

All and all I've had a fun time with my cleric. Helping with bosses and rezzing people across the map is fun too. You feel like you are acually needed. One thing though is you won't have too much fun til you are 60 or 70+. That's when you are really needed. =)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    rezzing people across the map is fun too.

...............................................................................b:lipcurl

b:scornlies

its not fun >_<
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    clerics are nurses. they can even make bad kids sleep^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ryukezen - Sanctuary
    Ryukezen - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would say stay with Cleric for the pure fact theyre wanted in a squad more then what a barb or BM are. Although there is the heavy responsibility of keeping the squad alive, as well as taking critisism for the most simple mistakes that anyone can make.

The benefit of being a cleric is you will always have the wonderful cleric buffs that you can give to yourself as well as the ability to heal yourself. The only downfall I have with my cleric is the constant choices of which skills to lvl, right now my buffs outweigh my attacks and my heals but im slowly beginning to regain my heal skills upward.

Now for the others two ^_^

As you can see by my icon i am infact a BM. However I am a BM the only thing I can say that allows me any benefit as my chosen class is that I am less prone to damage like a cleric is but not as strong as a barb is, which makes it hard to find a squad when barbs are moreso wanted then BM's.

Now for Barb's. The benefit of being a barb is that your a fluffy person! ^_^

Lol, jk. Your able to tank almost ANYTHING without having to worry about dying unless ur fighting a boss or something thats higher leveled then you. The barb buff that you can give yourself is quite enjoyable as well, when paired up with a cleric you and him/her would make one hell of a team.

With all of this said, the decision is yours. No one can make you pick which race/class you want to go with, so its ultimately up to you!

GL with your decision!!! b:laughb:victoryb:pleasedb:cute
  • Rafnatyr - Sanctuary
    Rafnatyr - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    there are open spots for each account, make one of each and try em all. Everyone has a different play style and different way of playing each type of toon. Make one of each and see how you like em during the smaller levels, test drive if you will. It's not really a great way but it would give some of the basics of each class. btw, each class is fun and all are needed for something or another. could always be wacky and make an arcane wearing bow wielding barbarian or heavy armor wearing hammer weilding cleric. point is, it boils down to what and how you want to play to make it fun, nothings worth doing if you don't find any fun in it.