TT80: Sword, gold wand or glaive?

I'm thinking of using glaive tho for it's large damage range =/
Post edited by febrerox on

Comments

• Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just my opinion I wouldn't go wand for TT 70, The TT 80 gold wand isn't worth the price and leaves you pretty screwed for 90 (unless you go with something other then TT). I personally prefer wands, and used the TT 70 wand but ended up selling it and getting the sword, of the swords it really doesn't matter. it's all player preference. like I prefer having the highest base number possible which is why I used the wand. I just like consistency you know. but 1 thing with the glaive, is dmg. spike is really only that good when you get crits. so if you don't have a high crit. rate wouldn't recommend it. But most of all this is all my opinion, which is really what everyones post about the best weapons usually are.
  • Nosgoth - Dreamweaver
    Nosgoth - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I like TT swords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I personally like to buy just whatever I see as a good deal. I went with arbor for sure. Then, so happens that a guildie got their TT80 and sold me their TT70wand at a discount. Then, I went with an endless ambiguity.

To be honest, weapons (TT60-TT80), are much better bought premade/sharded/refined as they are much cheaper this way. I would just do TT/other activities for cash, and buy a TT wep and resell your old TT. This way, it doesnt matter which "path" you limit yourself to. In the end, you're saving yourself some cash and frustration from getting TT mats.

I do know that clerics like consistency from heals, thus get a wand. (Dont get TT80gold wand though, its hella not worth it)
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here are my current ideas for myself so yeah...b:bye

lv. 60: Ancient Arbor
    lv. 70: Any of the TT70 Magic Swords or Sakyamuni's Light (lv. 70 Legendary weapon)
    lv. 79/80: Glaives of Divinity (lv. 79 Legendary Glaive), Wheel of Life (TT80 Glaive)

...that pretty much sums up my plans for my next few levels. b:surrender.

p.s. I also love Glaives even with their large range. Patakas on clerics makes me sad....why can't they hold it like how venos/wizzies hold it? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My personal path:

Level 60-70: Ancient Arbor--only TT option.
    Level 70-80: Grief's Breath--cheap, and the +vit was nice.
    Level 80-90: Wheel of Life--high spike damage, nice stats bonuses for more attacking/healing power. Souledge for WoDF.
    Level 90-93: Requiem Blade--This is the period where I quit the game, so I sold everything and just used this weap because it was cheap.
    Level 93-present: Wheel of Denied Fate. -Chan, +mag attack, and +mag with high spike damage. I like to DD just as much as healing, if not more so. Seeing big numbers popping up makes me happy, and I don't regret choosing this weap. Plus it's the cheapest of the TT90 weapons, if cost is an issue. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • febrerox
    febrerox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    cheap is good, i like cheap :D plus it's quite hard for me to find TT squads to help me farm mats =/

thanks for the opinion guys ^^
  • MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
    MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here are my current ideas for myself so yeah...b:bye

lv. 60: Ancient Arbor
    lv. 70: Any of the TT70 Magic Swords or Sakyamuni's Light (lv. 70 Legendary weapon)
    lv. 79/80: Glaives of Divinity (lv. 79 Legendary Glaive), Wheel of Life (TT80 Glaive)

...that pretty much sums up my plans for my next few levels. b:surrender.

p.s. I also love Glaives even with their large range. Patakas on clerics makes me sad....why can't they hold it like how venos/wizzies hold it? b:surrender

That's pretty much the path i took, currently using the GoD while the WoL is sitting pretty in my stash b:chuckle
  • RenixD - Sanctuary
    RenixD - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    febrerox wrote: »
    TT60 : Ancient Arbour (duh -.-)

TT70: Sword or wand?

TT80: Sword, gold wand or glaive?

I'm thinking of using glaive tho for it's large damage range =/

TT60: of course picked the Ancient Arbour
    TT70: Griefs breath because of the added hp :D
    TT80: Decided to get Endless Ambiguity because i like swords better than the glaive
    TT90: Got Blade of the Red Dust because it looks awesome and with the -6% chann >.<

As you can tell i prefer magic swords over the others
  • febrerox
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well if we're alsoing looks I'm definitely using glaives then xP mad love for fate denal: godspeed b:dirtyb:dirty

And I just checked, are the pataka's any good? i dont see a lot of them around.. in fact i dont think i've ever seen one... O.o stats arent too bad imo, and attk range is good (to me)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    TT60: of course picked the Ancient Arbour
    TT70: Griefs breath because of the added hp :D
    TT80: Decided to get Endless Ambiguity because i like swords better than the glaive
    TT90: Wraith Conqueror
    Same as him, cept 90 was Wraith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same as him, cept 90 was Wraith.

^ Same as Deceptistar

I now have the HH99 Glave...God's Speed

Had to re-farm HH70/80/90 etc though to get the SoulEdges for the Glave b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ^ Same as Deceptistar

I now have the HH99 Glave...God's Speed

Had to re-farm HH70/80/90 etc though to get the SoulEdges for the Glave b:surrender

yeah...me 2

I'm working on my TT90 magic sword 2...I'm going for

a Sage cleric or Demon Veno

didn't decide yet -_-
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I went Arbour -> Ashura's Sign -> Yaksa -> Wheel of Denied Fate

At the time of deciding my 70 wep I didn't expect to be playing to 9x, so I only thought of the 80 weapon, and Yaksa is beautiful b:cute. Then when it came to 90 weapons I looked at all of the stats: the green glaive had the best average matk, best spike (well, aside from the gold pataka) and channelling to boot. It was a no-brainer for me, as I get enough hp from my gear (although I miss the pdef from my Yaksa).
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I went Arbour -> Ashura's Sign -> Yaksa -> Wheel of Denied Fate

At the time of deciding my 70 wep I didn't expect to be playing to 9x, so I only thought of the 80 weapon, and Yaksa is beautiful b:cute. Then when it came to 90 weapons I looked at all of the stats: the green glaive had the best average matk, best spike (well, aside from the gold pataka) and channelling to boot. It was a no-brainer for me, as I get enough hp from my gear (although I miss the pdef from my Yaksa).

troll :o

Ancient Arbor - Grief's Breath - Endless Ambiguity - Wraith Conq

i like vit/hp,crit,-channel bonus's anywhere i can get them <.<
  • febrerox
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hmm.. does it help to say that im more attack based than support? so what would be a good weapon type for me then? if it makes any difference :3

and does anyone have the gold pataka? or seen someone with it? :O
  • Tree_Angel - Sanctuary
    Tree_Angel - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Being only lvl 34, I can't say, but I like the looks of the tt70 wand and 80 glaive :p
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I would say all the clerics I know and see use swords maybe a few wheels.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    febrerox wrote: »
    hmm.. does it help to say that im more attack based than support? so what would be a good weapon type for me then? if it makes any difference :3

and does anyone have the gold pataka? or seen someone with it? :O
    In that case:

60: Ancient Arbor
    70: Ashura's Sign
    80: Wheel of Life
    90: Wheel of Denied Fate

^ The path I took, except I used Grief's Breath instead. The wheels have a higher spike than the swords, which make for good DD weapons imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    60: Ancient Arbor
    70: Ashura's Sign
    80: Glaives of Divinity till I got the mats for Endless Ambiguity
    90: (planned) Wraith Conqueror (if I get impatient, Requiem Blade)

I also like swords, must be a guy thing b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray