More Customization: Tattoos

Link_ - Dreamweaver
Link_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
Updated Tattoo Suggestion

A number of preset tattoo images added to the character creator. Players should be able to move, resize, remove, rotate, and put multiple tattoos on one body part (layered). The original 14 sections to put tattos still stand.

Face

Scalp

Left Arm

Right Arm

Left Leg

Right Leg

Upper Torso

Lower Torso

Upper Back

Lower Back

Left Hand Front

Left Hand Back

Right Hand Front

Right Hand Back

Every week, possibly when servers are down for maintnence, there should be a contest to add many more tattoos to the creator. The contest will disallow any abuse by drawing/writing innapropriate content on their character, while not limiting players to the tattoos already in the creator.

Upon implementing this idea, should they decide to do so, free bound makeover scrolls should be distributed to characters older than 2 days allowing anyone to get their tattoo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, leave your opinions and suggestionsb:victory

UPDATE: Ticket has been replied to, and updated suggestion sent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Link_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    great idea! really loved it!

/sarcasm on

I also vote scars for BMs and Barbs and bruises for the others, especially wizzies

/sarcasm off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    great idea! really loved it!

/sarcasm on

I also vote scars for BMs and Barbs and bruises for the others, especially wizzies

/sarcasm off
    rofl You'd be able to use this to draw the scars and bruises on your character
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like the idea too. While I would love to draw my tattoos, i can see some people abusing this by drawing inappropriate things on their person. I would have to suggest just a LARGE list of pre-made designs. But make it where you can layer them to add huge custom ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Been updated. Give out free bound makeover scrolls to all characters older than 2 days. That way everyone can get a tattoo without having to create another character. Also layered for better customizing capability.

And yeah it can definitely be abused by drawing innapropriate things on your character, or by writing innapropriate things. But very few ideas can't be abused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Agree with Elder on the abuse. Maybe it starts with a certain amount of designs (50 or so), then every week/month PW holds a contest where they accept 10 more designs into the tattoo area. That way it's free from abuse, but people are by no means limited.

It could even be partly cash shop if PW wanted to make money off of it. You could be limited to two tattoos to begin with, and then get a Tattoo Scroll for two more. That way every character who was created before can get a free Tattoo Scroll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Been updated. Give out free bound makeover scrolls to all characters older than 2 days. That way everyone can get a tattoo without having to create another character. Also layered for better customizing capability.

And yeah it can definitely be abused by drawing innapropriate things on your character, or by writing innapropriate things. But very few ideas can't be abused.

Well, preset tattoos could not be abused. Maybe have a few choices based on the teleporter tattoos. We already have makeup/eyeshadow options, so maybe have a few types of tattoos as well.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I don't see how the preset tattoos can be abused either. And that is a good idea Aadi, I'd go for once a week however. In fact, it would be a good thing to do while the servers are down every week. Have the Moderators or GMs post some of the tattoo designs in the forums, and we can vote each week on the best ones. The top 5 or top 10 get added on the next maintnence. Thanks Aadi, this really cuts back on abuse, yet not restricting people to only a few tattoos they may not like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brocktree - Dreamweaver
    Brocktree - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this is a sweet idea. players sending in ideas for tats is a good idea too.... but who gets to decide what tats get voted on by us? i mean they would get thousands of ideas a week and only have to pick 10 or so to be voted on by us. i see this leading to some disgruntled players who submit artwork every week but never gets chosen to be voted on by us.

s/he goes out and buys a load of books and begins to read. s/he reads and studys and works on createing something they can be proud of. not with pen a paper... or books on drawing celtic knotwork..... a laptop and c++ programing manuals.

time goes buy and his/her art is still stuffed in the back of the gm's mail box collecting cyber dust. and the player continues to work on his/her project. four months later we log on to perfect world ready for a few hours of gameing and fun. we load our main because we havent worked on that in a wile and suddenly our screens go blank and our hard drives are wiped out due to the massively infected pwi servers with a new virtualy indistructible computer virus and soon other mmo games fall.

gunbound, flyff, wow, starcraft, haloRTS, maple story, fuision fall, all distroyed. soon people start interacting with each other again and spending time with there familys and playing board games. all because someone thought it would be a good idea to put a tat on the small of his venos back that read "maximum capasity two loads".....

lol sorry i like the idea of tats. i really do but that idea started bounceing around my head and i had to write it down or i would have hated myself forever.
    "..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "-Kiyogashi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There is nothing to fear in the dark. fear is not knowing what lies waiting. there is a savior in the shadows, the late knight controls what can not be seen. rest peacefully light walker... LATE KNIGHTS! EULALIAH!!!!!
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    You might wanna edit that, you'll get my thread closed >:O

Get rid of those names of other MMORPGs right now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ....Lol what?

I think he just suggested that if people aren't picked for art contests, they're going to make a virus to destroy all MMOs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my old game has something like that, where you can put on scars and bruises and facial tattoos...looks weird
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    ....Lol what?

I think he just suggested that if people aren't picked for art contests, they're going to make a virus to destroy all MMOs...
    Nope, it's against forum rules to name MMORPGs that aren't made by Perfect World Entertainment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    yes... that was the joke.

and i never actualy gave out the names of other mmos. just nick names or abv of other mmos.
    "..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "-Kiyogashi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There is nothing to fear in the dark. fear is not knowing what lies waiting. there is a savior in the shadows, the late knight controls what can not be seen. rest peacefully light walker... LATE KNIGHTS! EULALIAH!!!!!
  • Reylenn - Sanctuary
    Reylenn - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    [Someone had already posted this suggestion, Kudos to them]
    If I was an artist, seeing people walking around with my designs tattooed to them would be a compliment of the best kind b:laugh Plus the game's Fashion makes showing off tattoos easy. Can't see PWI holding tattoo competitions every week, sorry to say. I think there'd be a big event before they were added, but after that... We don't see new hairstyles all the time after all.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I really like that idea of adding a tattoo function to this game. And somehow it fit a bit to the chinese stuff, doesnt it?^^ Well this suggestion reminds me much of Fable ^.^ And it would be cool to have a char with scars and some shady face tattoos... ahh so cool :D 'n with fashion mode on, unclothed ofcourse, you'd be able to see all tattoos everywhere.

+1 for this suggestion!

-Silvy
    edited December 2009
    awww **** yeah. just realised if there was a tat feature i could make a blademaster and turn him into the char i used to wrestle as back when i was a backyard wrestler. DO IT PWI! NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!11!!!11111!!!ONE!!!!!!11!11!111FOUR

• Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Thank you everyone for supporting my idea. Let's keep it up please. If we keep this thread alive we can catch the GMs attention and hopefully get their support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    ::beats on the threads chest giveing it cpr:: LIVE DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ::beats on the threads chest giveing it cpr:: LIVE DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b:laugh Quick breath on it, really hard. I hear that helps. XD

Yes I'm all for tattoos!!!

<---Considers making wiz bald just to put wicked tat on forehead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And somehow it fit a bit to the chinese stuff, doesnt it?^^
    I prefere pictures over chinese signs simply because I can't read them. However I would love to see "tanking kitten at work" on chinese at a barb's back.
    Well this suggestion reminds me much of Fable ^.^ And it would be cool to have a char with scars and some shady face tattoos...
    As long as my character does not become fat from drinking portions...
    you'd be able to see all tattoos everywhere.
    I smell a bunch of new clipping errors and missing textures. They already have too many of them without tattoos.

In general I like the idea as well, but I fear the bad taste of some ppl when placing tattoos should be limited by allowe them only at certain spots such as arms, legs, hands, feet, back or chest.
    I also think a tideborn with tats would look absolutely amazing b:pleased
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I prefere pictures over chinese signs simply because I can't read them. However I would love to see "tanking kitten at work" on chinese at a barb's back.

As long as my character does not become fat from drinking portions...

I smell a bunch of new clipping errors and missing textures. They already have too many of them without tattoos.

In general I like the idea as well, but I fear the bad taste of some ppl when placing tattoos should be limited by allowe them only at certain spots such as arms, legs, hands, feet, back or chest.
    I also think a tideborn with tats would look absolutely amazing b:pleased
    We should be able to put them wherever we want. And if we choose not to see other people's bad taste in tattoos we already have the ability to toggle them off. Just make sure the Customization box on your UI Settings is unchecked and you can't see how people have customized their characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    The suggestion has been updated using the combined ideas of all of you guys. Thanks for the support, this idea is great :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gothikaa - Lost City
    Gothikaa - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    tattoos on ankles too!
  • MetalsSource - Lost City
    MetalsSource - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hellz yesh. these all sound like good ideas. esepcialy if som tattoos r like kinda glowy and big to see Example *prince of persia twin blades* lol just an example not a pop maniac XD
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    someone voted its a bad ideab:angry u go away for a couple days and this happens >:O
    hellz yesh. these all sound like good ideas. esepcialy if som tattoos r like kinda glowy and big to see Example *prince of persia twin blades* lol just an example not a pop maniac XD

glowing tattoos, thats a new one o.o

but i like it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaberArturia - Dreamweaver
    SaberArturia - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And how many "Curse Mark Sasuke Uchiha" copies is this going to make?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    IDK if this was posted, but one on the lower back (for femalez) where ppl call it the prostetute tat (even tho itz not >.<) and it could be the name in pretty letterz b:cute (I have one BTW and I am NOT a prostetute b:angry )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    And how many "Curse Mark Sasuke Uchiha" copies is this going to make?
    I don't think I wanna knowb:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]