Item Mall - Pigments

levitation
levitation Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
This has possibly been suggested before. But I'm still new and think it's a good idea.
Suggestion:
Put stacks of specific color dye pigments in the item mall. EXAMPLE: "Black Dye Pigment(10)"
for 5 gold, it's the same price as somebody who buys 10 of the hot colors pack, but all in the color they actually want.

Pros:
-Makes dying clothing the color you want much simpler
-Much more cost-effective for players, keeping them happier.
Cons:
Flux in the in-game economy regarding dyes.
PWi won't make quite as much money

Though I think it's a bit unreasonable for it to take $20+ dollars worth of dyes to color a $12 fashion set. But that's just me.
Post edited by levitation on

Comments

• Garivald - Sanctuary
    Garivald - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    would make people getting a specific color way easier. like me getting my purple pigments i need for my cloths
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Panda on fire=Panda PWNAGE
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I do like the idea for the most part, but it's that last con in your list that makes it so such a thing will never happen. Your gonna have to buy the dyes from a player, or get the clothes dyed in the color you want unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm in full agreement. However, I really don't think PWI will lose much money in the process. There's people that buy pigments from the CS just to sell in-game. If they can buy colors that people want, they'll sell faster, and the seller will buy more of those colors to sell more of them. With the random system they have now, the seller will get one, maybe two, of the popular pigments then get stuck with a bunch of other colors that no one wants. Those don't sell, so the seller will be less inclined to buy more pigments from the CS.
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • levitation
    levitation Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I thought about it quite a bit before posting originally, however, I still believe PWi will make a little bit less money, due to customers not having to buy 30+ pigments in hopes of getting 10 of one color. I suggested 5 gold as the price a person with extreme luck with the hot color pack would be paying, but the odds of getting 10 black pigments in one shot are incredibly small, if anyone has ever achieved such a feat, they need to buy me a lottery ticket.

As for the flux in the market, players won't be able to charge as much for the dyes as they'll become easier to obtain, however, players who can't get gold, but have fashion items, or players who are saving up their gold will buy more, so all in all it'll even out pretty well, but there will still be that small flux.

I do understand that PWi will indeed make slightly less money, but there has to be some level of customer satisfaction involved. If a customer pays $12 for an in-game costume, and all of the pieces come in horrible colors, they shouldn't have to pay twice or more the price of the costume just to get it to a color they actually like.
  • Yuiko - Dreamweaver
    Yuiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I totally agree. We should be able to pick the dye we want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I totally agree. We should be able to pick the dye we want.

Hello Necro!

I see the point for picking specific colors, but sometimes they don't look like what you'd expect them to. Random pigments seem to work for now...but I really don't worry too much about fashion. I have my 2 outfits, that's good enough for me.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Great idea. But it will lose PWE money unless they jack up the price for them. Probably won't happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KevinK - Sanctuary
    KevinK - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think that a reduce in price and easier accessibility to the things we want would increase the demand for those items. I never touch with dyes or clothing because it's such a hassle to get the outfit that i would like. As long as there are new CLOTHES for sale, the sale of dyes will never dry out. There is a flow of people starting and quitting the game. PWI should catch all the players in this flow in order to maximize their profits. So yes, it's a good idea to make dyes more accessible.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    definately like this idea add it nooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!b:angry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle