Give Archer a pet wolf sidekick?

Toshironara - Sanctuary
Toshironara - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
Iv'e that it is a bit hard for archer at the beginning and especially before the get moves like arrow knockback(not sure about the name). So I was thinking that an archer with like a pet maybe like a wolf or something would be cool. I don't mean to steal the veno's move though. I think it would just be cool to let them have a single pet or a choice between a couple pets that they would maybe get from a quest. And the pet would be more related to the dog family, like a wolf or something. And maybe have the pets lvl up with you and sort of change form at certain lvls.

I don't want it to turn out like a veno though. Or for archers to just become unstoppable. But like the pet could just like hold of the target for a bit, and give the archer time to run back. So I guess it wouldn't necessarily tank like a veno's pet. But like just hold off or slow down the target. They could even use some of your chi to keep them slowing down the target for a set amount of time.

I want to know what people think about the idea. And maybe their suggestion on my suggestion lol. b:thanks

Also, another suggestion: A whip as a weapon for venos b:victory

Note: I have not played archer before, this is based on what I have heard from some people. but if you guys say its not so then okay. So how about this idea, summons for wizards? Say your ideas! b:thanks
Rerolling a sin. Yes a 'sin' simply because it sounds cooler...
Post edited by Toshironara - Sanctuary on

Comments

• rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't get it, mage jobs also have no pet and knockback at begin, therefore have it harder, i wish i had a pet that takes mage mobs aggro b:shocked
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    archer got hi range and a decent build dex will have you kill mobs before hit you... only archers mobs hit u maybe..as for low lvl all have a hard time even venos heal is realy bad at start so need be careful with pet... but if u want a pet i sell you a all class bear ... he dont do much just go around you but he look so cute!!!!b:chuckle
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if you cant stand getting trough the lower lvls roll a other class
    and since you seem to like pets that much roll a veno
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hm, well, I just guess this game doesnt need a(nother) hunter class...

Also it would be OP and mostly imba in relation to other classes (especially wizard etc.)
  • Brocktree - Dreamweaver
    Brocktree - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    what is it with elves and crying because they think they suck for one reason or another?
    "..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "-Kiyogashi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There is nothing to fear in the dark. fear is not knowing what lies waiting. there is a savior in the shadows, the late knight controls what can not be seen. rest peacefully light walker... LATE KNIGHTS! EULALIAH!!!!!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    what is it with elves and crying because they think they suck for one reason or another?

QQ make me faster b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    QQ make me faster b:sad

QQ make me faster b:sadb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toshironara - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    b:shocked you ppl intimidate me....

im not complaining about archer. I actually don't even play as an archer... I just heard it was hard and thought of an idea.. b:sad

But what you said about mages gave me an idea. Why not give mages the ability to summon a monster. Maybe based on the 3 elements they have.

Note: I do not use archers, wizards or venos.... Im really just waiting for assassin. b:victory
  • _MorphlinG_ - Lost City
    _MorphlinG_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    QQ make me faster b:sadb:chuckle

QQ make me faster b:laugh

Feeling a neverending "QQ make me faster (smiley)" thread right here b:laugh

Anyhoo, I know what the thread starter is trying to say but look at it this way, it's only till lvl 19 I think (knockback arrow). So in my opinion, it's not worth implementing, and, yea, wizzies have it much worse.
    edited December 2009
    QQ make me faster b:laugh

Feeling a neverending "QQ make me faster (smiley)" thread right here b:laugh

Anyhoo, I know what the thread starter is trying to say but look at it this way, it's only till lvl 19 I think (knockback arrow). So in my opinion, it's not worth implementing, and, yea, wizzies have it much worse.

Read my post that's right before yours.. b:sad

also tell me what I think about my next idea.... b:thanks
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archers have no need for pets. simple as that. we have high range, high crit rate, stuns, slows and knockbacks. in addion we have winged shell that basicly gives us godly defence for 20 seconds (or if the mob does enuf damage to break it befor time) winged shell also restores mp.

archers, like most classes are a pain to level up past level 19. but after that you get knockback arrow, and with that it becomes possible to kill mobs without them getting a hit on you. it's only at the mid levels did i even see mobs starting to hit me (since alot of them are long ranged attackers).

ppl who say archers are hard to play simply don't know how to use them, or they are below level 19. a simple combo of take aim+frost arrow+normal+normal+knockback+normal til dead, is normally more than enuf to kill off mobs at lower levels and at higher levels you can use the stun and freeze skills that can allow you to kill a mob before it even makes a move toward you (if your lucky enuf to get several crit hits in anyway.

archers revolve around the old saying, the best defense is a good offence. we are damage dealers with wizards being the oly ones that can out do us in a contest of damage. we kill off our targets before they can get to us. to give us pets even if it doesn't actually damage the mob, would make archers near unstoppable. i can just picture it now

"sic em fiddo!"

*wolf runs at mob and holds him down*

*me riddles mob with arrows*
    edited December 2009
    lol that would be funny