Winged Unicorn Mount?

MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I been playing the Elf scene for some time. Not sure if being an Elf matters though... Of all the mounts we have, some are nice and some are well, meh... I want something really unique (and not some freakin Lobster? Could Tideborn have a Clam shell to surf on?)

What i propose is a Winged Unicorn, super ultra rare mount that can fly and travel on the ground. How cool would that be??? I mean come on... u can choose to fly with it or travel the lands throughout PWI... so what do you think? Cool idea? or meh?

b:victory
Post edited by MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    cool idea i think that is a great idea i would tottaly buy something like that
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I been playing the Elf scene for some time. Not sure if being an Elf matters though... Of all the mounts we have, some are nice and some are well, meh... I want something really unique (and not some freakin Lobster? Could Tideborn have a Clam shell to surf on?)

What i propose is a Winged Unicorn, super ultra rare mount that can fly and travel on the ground. How cool would that be??? I mean come on... u can choose to fly with it or travel the lands throughout PWI... so what do you think? Cool idea? or meh?

b:victory

The idea is good however it would never remain super rare because it would end up in the cs every other mount but a mount that can fly/walk would be awesome and aslong as the unicorn wasnt to feminine id get one xD
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Premium riding mounts cost what - 40$? Premium flying mounts cost the same. I'm assuming you'd be prepared to pay 80$ or more for a mount that can do both. Too pricey for me, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Well what i mean by super rare is that maybe PWI comes up with a promotional idea (as if we dont have alot coughboxsetscough) but limit the amount say 50 only per server. Winners of such a promotional idea will recieve in their mail this unique mount. Im not suggesting it be available to the PW Boutique, no no no...
    edited December 2009
    Well what i mean by super rare is that maybe PWI comes up with a promotional idea (as if we dont have alot coughboxsetscough) but limit the amount say 50 only per server. Winners of such a promotional idea will recieve in their mail this unique mount. Im not suggesting it be available to the PW Boutique, no no no...

That could work but woudldnt u rather see more people on the Unicorn and reap the satisfation that it was YOUR idea b:pleased

• Foxymage - Harshlands
    edited December 2009

even though you know they will put it in CS because i for one am willing to buy it with irl money
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
    edited December 2009
    That could work but woudldnt u rather see more people on the Unicorn and reap the satisfation that it was YOUR idea b:pleased

Yes i would like to reap the satisfaction but this idea came to me in my head a long time ago and i keep sighing to my friends "dammit i want a winged unicorn!"

Perhaps i need to persuade the players of PW to petition this idea to the PW staff b:thanks
    edited December 2009
    Yes i would like to reap the satisfaction but this idea came to me in my head a long time ago and i keep sighing to my friends "dammit i want a winged unicorn!"

Perhaps i need to persuade the players of PW to petition this idea to the PW staff b:thanks

good luck, id get one aslong as it looked good ^^

• wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    FAIL POLL.

I wanted to vote no. our choices are defintely or sure why not.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Should be Human only, since we get sucky flying mounts b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Should be Human only, since we get sucky flying mounts b:angry

lol some of the swords look awesome like Nakir's Judgement or Urim's Light lol

• Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this would be tricky... the game code would have to be changed because u can attack on flying mounts but not on land mounts...
    so if its a pet (lives in the pet bag like ground mounts) that flys, then u wouldnt be able to attack while flying which would be a disadvantage and if it were aerogear that could be riden on the ground, u would have an advantage over ground mounts because u could attack...
    interesting idea but these conflicts would have to be resolved...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why would anyone spend $80+ on a flying mount that you would not be able to fight in? Because you cannot fight in land mounts, only aerogears, so if your land mount were to fly, you could not fight in it, which means you would also need to get an aerogear for when you need to fight in the air. So in fact you would end up with 1 land mount, but you would still need 2 flying ones (the mount and an aerogear).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited December 2009
    Why would anyone spend $80+ on a flying mount that you would not be able to fight in? Because you cannot fight in land mounts, only aerogears, so if your land mount were to fly, you could not fight in it, which means you would also need to get an aerogear for when you need to fight in the air. So in fact you would end up with 1 land mount, but you would still need 2 flying ones (the mount and an aerogear).

if they sorted out the not being able to attack on a land mount and attacking in the air for this mount in would be no problem and to warrent the $80 apply it only to this mount and to mounts similar and its problem solved.

edited December 2009
    if they sorted out the not being able to attack on a land mount and attacking in the air for this mount in would be no problem and to warrent the $80 apply it only to this mount and to mounts similar and its problem solved.

That is no "small problem" either... so I am sure if they ever do it, it will be on some massive upgrade when the game becomes PW3 (since this version is technicaly PW2).

Aerogears are considered gear, you equip them. Mounts are pets, they go in pet bag. You can drop aerogears, you cannot drop mounts (you can drop eggs, but not the mount itself), you need to feed your mounts but not your aerogear, etc, etc, etc.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited December 2009
    That is no "small problem" either... so I am sure if they ever do it, it will be on some massive upgrade when the game becomes PW3 (since this version is technicaly PW2).

Aerogears are considered gear, you equip them. Mounts are pets, they go in pet bag. You can drop aerogears, you cannot drop mounts (you can drop eggs, but not the mount itself), you need to feed your mounts but not your aerogear, etc, etc, etc.

That is all true but just like they have created 2 new classes which is ofc a massive job im sure that adding a new kind of aerogear/mount would be simplier once they figured out the fundementals.

• Foxymage - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    i would soooooo buy 1 for $80

~nicki minaj~
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    Riding a flying unicorn doesn't work. Either you sit to close to it's neck or it's wiings will be all up in your face.
    edited December 2009
    volst wrote: »
    Riding a flying unicorn doesn't work. Either you sit to close to it's neck or it's wiings will be all up in your face.

depends on size, shape, length, height, wing types, wing size etc etc doesnt have to be an 'original' unicorn they can mold it to a more PW style.

edited December 2009
    That is all true but just like they have created 2 new classes which is ofc a massive job im sure that adding a new kind of aerogear/mount would be simplier once they figured out the fundementals.

Creating 2 new classes was easy, they use all the basic game mechanics, all they had to do was some cosmetic changes to the avatars, and some new animations for the skills. Changing game mechanics in the other hand, is usualy not as easy as it is to just add new content based on current game mechanics.

Can it be done, of course. Is it far more complex than adding 2 new classes, yes, by alot. Remember, that aerogears and mounts are 2 completely different things, combining them would not be easy.
    edited December 2009
    Creating 2 new classes was easy, they still use all the basic game mechanics, all they had to do was some cosmetic changes to the avatars, and some new animations for the skills. Changing game mechanics in the other hand, is usualy not as easy as it is to just add new content based on current game mechanics.

By new class i meant all the new stuff that comes with it aswell, new weapons (which would mean new legendary weapons which would have to be created and added to mobs and FB bosses etc), the new areas, the new type of aerogear and everything else that comes along with it lol.

edited December 2009
    buy new class i meant all the new stuff that comes with it aswell, new weapons (which would mean new legendary weapons which would have to be created and added to mobs and FB bosses etc), the new areas, the new type of aerogear and everything else that comes along with it lol

Yes, but they are all based on current things. The weapons are still only physical or magical. They did not come up with a 3rd type of damage, did they? They also only releasing a new aerogear, which, as we know, we already have aerogears, so they are not "new stuff" just stuff re-skinned.

Also, I do not remember reading that the new areas use different game mechanics, as far as I know.

All the new stuff is only the old stuff looking different.

If you were to put a new fiberglass chasis on your car, the engine of the car would still be the same, even though the all car would look different, right? Same thing here. They are not changing the car's engine with the new expansion, they are just adding new fiberglass chasis to the current engine option for the cars.

Change of game mechanics would be if they were to change the 4 cylinder engine for a 6 cylinder engine.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Actually, creating something that is two different types at the same time, both aerogear and a mount, is just about as complex as adding a race. They have templates for 6 races, so they're just adding 2 more of what they already have (the complexities there come in fixing the hard-coding for 6 races and making new graphics, locations, quests, and more stuff that follows the normal templates). However, they have no precedent for an item that is two classes of item at the same time, so that would require some major code rewriting, as mentioned above. In short, it would be a ton of work for very little gain, unlike adding new races.

And really, a winged unicorn? Can we have rainbows shoot out it's butt too? That's just too corny for me. If the poll had a "You're kidding, right?" option I'd have voted for that. b:laugh
    edited December 2009
    If you were to put a new fiberglass chasis on your car, the engine of the car would still be the same, even though the all car would look different, right? Same thing here. They are not changing the car's engine with the new expansion, they are just adding new fiberglass chasis to the current engine option for the cars.

They are adding things to the car engine, in the form of new area's. These areas arnt re'skinned they are newly created and completly different to the areas we currently have.

Ive forgot the point we are discussing lol but anyway i like the idea, i dont think it will ever come into play simply because it doesnt fit into PW but would be cool if done properly but i dont think many people would pay $80 for it and at that price people who buy of the CS would struggle to grind the money to buy it.

edited December 2009
    Lots of interesting replies/feedback keep it coming... now the part of it being pet/aerogear, i have to admit i overlooked that part. I think what needs to be changed is the ability to fight while still on your land mount. Perhaps a special "gear" box can be made to accomodate this special mount.

Looking at some of the votes, its neck to neck and one tough one toob:victory
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lots of interesting replies/feedback keep it coming... now the part of it being pet/aerogear, i have to admit i overlooked that part. I think what needs to be changed is the ability to fight while still on your land mount. Perhaps a special "gear" box can be made to accomodate this special mount.

Looking at some of the votes, its neck to neck and one tough one toob:victory
    So that archers on a ground mount whoop everyones ****? Also, why the hell a unicorn. If it's not in the cs, then fine. But can you see a barb riding a unicorn? I wasn't sure what you said, but if you meant it should be elves only, then that's just unfair. This idea needs a lot of work before you can even think of putting it into the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Tacomo - Sanctuary
    Tacomo - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So that archers on a ground mount whoop everyones ****? Also, why the hell a unicorn. If it's not in the cs, then fine. But can you see a barb riding a unicorn? I wasn't sure what you said, but if you meant it should be elves only, then that's just unfair. This idea needs a lot of work before you can even think of putting it into the game.

A unicorn is a frigin great idea make it hot pink with purple polka dots it'd go great with half the guys (barbs included) that are wearing pink shining feathers lmao

But in seriousness a land/flying mount would be awesome but the fact the aerogears are race specific and mounts are for everyone how would that even be implemented? Would each race be able to have a different flying/ground mount?
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    what a fail idea. flying mounts you can attack off of, ground mounts you can't. why mix the two up into one single mount? idea seems **** to me. just because this new expansion is coming out, everybody and their mother thinks they have to come up with some "new" and excited ideas...woot.
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have not read through all of the posts (so I dont know if this might have been mentioned) and although it is a cool idea that I have thought about in the past. For it to actually work there would probably have to be some re coding to the way we use mounts and/or aerogear.

I mean which spot would it go in? In the pet bag where we put our land mounts or in the inventory where we put our aerogear. How fast would it be and how would you upgrade the speed? Buy spurs or widgets? If it went in the pet bag would we still have to feed it for loyalty? And what of winged elves (and maybe the tideborn) who use wings. Another thing to think about is land mounts are sat on where as aerogear for untamed and humans are stood on?

There are probably lots of other technical issues that would stop it from being made for the game. Still it woudl be rather cool if something like that was made =)
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
    edited December 2009
    razad wrote: »
    what a fail idea.

Opinion noted b:kiss
    flying mounts you can attack off of, ground mounts you can't.

Like, DUH?b:chuckle
    why mix the two up into one single mount?

And why not? Its just a thought. b:cool
    idea seems **** to me.

You've already established that point b:beatup (See first quote)
    just because this new expansion is coming out, everybody and their mother thinks they have to come up with some "new" and excited ideas...woot.

Your conclusion failed... omg i said FAIL?