Pet Bag Quests

Jennalicious - Sanctuary
Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
I couldn't find this anywhere on the forum. What are all the Pet Bag Quests? I know you get a couple of slots at the beginning, then you need 20 hay for another slot, then 50 fruit, then 100 fungus...Do you keep getting quests to fill all pet slots or no? And after the 100 fungus quest, what ones are after that and how many of those items are needed?
Post edited by Jennalicious - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sullon - Sanctuary
    Sullon - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_Taming_and_Raising_Pets#Pet_Bag

Slot Item to Unlock
    1 initial slot
    2 initial slot
    3 20 Hay or Cage
    4 50 Fruit or Cage
    5 100 Fungus or Cage
    6 must purchase a cage or super cage
    7 must purchase a cage or super cage
    8 must purchase a cage or super cage
    9 must purchase a cage or super cage
    10 must purchase a cage or super cage

It is 2g per cage so it'll cost 10g to buy the last 5 cages.
    And 14g for a super cage.

I don't know if 20 Hay, 50 Fruit, and 100 Fungus will sell for more than 4g but if its close I might just say **** it and buy the super cage instead of farming items.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Woot, thanks for the info. I farm anything I need that is farmable. As a Veno, my main priority is to afford a Herc. Everything else takes a back seat.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't think the fungus quest is available in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited December 2009
    It is. I have that quest right now.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't know if 20 Hay, 50 Fruit, and 100 Fungus will sell for more than 4g but if its close I might just say **** it and buy the super cage instead of farming items.

Hay is about 10k each (rare drop, used for pet bag extension, also one of the few things a phoenix eats). 200k

Fruit is maybe 3-5k (drops like candy, used for pet bag extension, neither legendary eats it). 150-250k (200k average)

Fungus is also about 10k each (give up farming this **** yourself (it's rare as ****), used for pet bag extension, neither legendary eats it (I think), you need a ****ton of them). 1mil

200k + 200k + 1mil = 1.4 mil

That's a little less than 3 gold at 500k per gold. Be aware that those are the prices from the last time I was online which was a couple months ago. Depending on the current prices of the food and gold you may be better off just buying gold instead (take into account the buying fee).
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Hay is about 10k each (rare drop, used for pet bag extension, also one of the few things a phoenix eats). 200k

Fruit is maybe 3-5k (drops like candy, used for pet bag extension, neither legendary eats it). 150-250k (200k average)

Fungus is also about 10k each (give up farming this **** yourself (it's rare as ****), used for pet bag extension, neither legendary eats it (I think), you need a ****ton of them). 1mil

200k + 200k + 1mil = 1.4 mil

That's a little less than 3 gold at 500k per gold. Be aware that those are the prices from the last time I was online which was a couple months ago. Depending on the current prices of the food and gold you may be better off just buying gold instead (take into account the buying fee).

It actually took me a while to get 50 fruits. Fungus I haven't tried yet only because none of the mobs that drop it are in my level range. I think they start around lvl 60. As far as gold goes, it's still too damn expensive and Hell will freeze over before I buy anymore zen in this game.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hay is about 10k each
    Fruit is maybe 3-5k
    Fungus is also about 10k each
    HT prices, hay is 8k-10k, fruit is 3k-5k, fungus is 1k-3k. I had some fungus on my shop for a week at 3k, before I finally gave up and priced it at 1k just to get rid of it.

With gold prices at 400k (current HT price):

20 hay @ 8k-10k = 160k-200k = 0.4 - 0.5 gold
    50 fruit = 150k-250k = 0.375 - 0.625 gold
    100 fungus = 100k-300k = 0.25 - 0.75 gold

Each of these is considerably cheaper than the 2 gold you'd pay for a cage. In fact they're so cheap that you're better off buying these and 5 cages (total cost 11.875 gold) to max out your pet slots than you are buying a super cage (14 gold).
    edited December 2009
    Each of these is considerably cheaper than the 2 gold you'd pay for a cage. In fact they're so cheap that you're better off buying these and 5 cages (total cost 11.875 gold) to max out your pet slots than you are buying a super cage (14 gold).

I agree, I'm just waiting for gold prices to go down further. It's hovering around 400k on Sanctuary right now.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree, I'm just waiting for gold prices to go down further. It's hovering around 400k on Sanctuary right now.
    For what it's worth, if gold on Sanctuary has dropped about 85-100k since the anniversary packs disappeared, I suspect it's already bottomed out. The first time anniversary packs went away, gold dropped about 80k in price (from ~400k to ~320k on HT).

Also by my calculations, the added value of those best luck tokens to each pack was about 85k. Since the new packs have mostly the same prizes but no best luck tokens, it would indicate the market price of gold would only drop ~85k due to the anniversary packs' removal.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    HT prices, hay is 8k-10k, fruit is 3k-5k, fungus is 1k-3k. I had some fungus on my shop for a week at 3k, before I finally gave up and priced it at 1k just to get rid of it.

With gold prices at 400k (current HT price):

20 hay @ 8k-10k = 160k-200k = 0.4 - 0.5 gold
    50 fruit = 150k-250k = 0.375 - 0.625 gold
    100 fungus = 100k-300k = 0.25 - 0.75 gold

What the hell? I want your server's prices on fungus.b:cry

I was actually referring to Sullon's suggestion of buying a super cage though. The quests will get you 5 slots in your bag which leaves 5 more that you can open (if you want, you don't really need more than 5 pets).
    5 x 2 gold = 10 gold
    1 super cage = 14 gold

If you were going to open all 10 slots and the cost of hay, fruit, and fungus was greater than the cost of 4 gold then it would have been more efficient to just sell them and buy gold. On Dreamweaver they were less than 3 gold and apparently they're far less than that on HT.

Besides, as I said before, you don't really need more than 5 pets.
    1) Tank
    2) Air pet
    3) Water pet
    4) Lurer
    5) Land DD/Mount/Whatever the hell you want
    Sure, more are always nice to have and a backup might be good to have. I'm sure that more experienced venos can offer better advice and probably make me look like a noob in the process so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

But seriously Solandri? Fungus is 1k on Heavens Tear?
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear