Wolf,Tiger, Panda.. Does it matter?

Options
termeraire
termeraire Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Barbarian
Does it actually matter which one you choose : /? If yes, then can someone tell me which one of them is the best one for DPS? (dmg dealer)

I don't want to be a tanker... I'd like to be the dmg dealer and wield two weapons.. Tell me which one is best for DPS please!!
Post edited by termeraire on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They're all the same, it's like choosing a skin color on any other character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • termeraire
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You really sure? And btw.. How da hell do you activate quick reply : /?
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you wanna be a Phys DD and not get laughed at and do mega damage roll a BM, barbs can never match a well stated skilled and geared bms damage (Armageddon doesnt count 1 skill giving you high damage doesnt make you a DD)

Barbs are Tanks they get the more benefit from vitality not strength at 72 my barb can crit+zerk + dbl spark for 12k, at 72 on my bm i was able to do crit 18k damage with just HF and Highland cleave zerkin for 32k and that can be done continuously without risk to hp from use.

bottom line roll a bm for Damage , roll a barb for tank. An the form of the barb doesnt matter its just looks no type of barb is better (Lion=Wolf=Panda=Tiger)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Pandas are the best. Reason: cause they're friggen PANDAS.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • termeraire
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Then I guess I'll be tanking :p.. I just love the tiger form u recieve as barbarian.. Btw.. Are tanks(barbarians) good in 1v1?
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    that depends a lot. in a duel barb can win against cleric, archer, sometimes wizzes and sometimes BMs. but that is because you are in a duel and you have your opponent targeted. in PvP most of the times you catch/you are caught by surprise. if you are caught by surprise by a wiz, archer or cleric they have the upper hand due to the distance between you and them and have lower chances to win.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle 1v1 pk thats almost funny

welll aside from the fact that in pk your either being...

A ganked by a higher level

B by multiple higher levels

C by some realy ballsy lower levels (these are fun)

your a barb so expect option B 99% of the time
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
    YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you wanna be a Phys DD and not get laughed at and do mega damage roll a BM, barbs can never match a well stated skilled and geared bms damage (Armageddon doesnt count 1 skill giving you high damage doesnt make you a DD)

Barbs are Tanks they get the more benefit from vitality not strength at 72 my barb can crit+zerk + dbl spark for 12k, at 72 on my bm i was able to do crit 18k damage with just HF and Highland cleave zerkin for 32k and that can be done continuously without risk to hp from use.

bottom line roll a bm for Damage , roll a barb for tank. An the form of the barb doesnt matter its just looks no type of barb is better (Lion=Wolf=Panda=Tiger)

I think you are wrong, If you build your barb right, you can DD as much as an axe BM. I can deal over 9k normal dmg no skills and 15k with skills at lvl 80.
    Also, Lions, wolves and pandas aren't real barbs, they are just some wannabe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because being random isn't enough.b:thanks

Life is just a way to have fun before dying, so stop killing my fun.
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    termeraire wrote: »
    Does it actually matter which one you choose : /? If yes, then can someone tell me which one of them is the best one for DPS? (dmg dealer)

You forgot lion. b:quiet
    You really sure? And btw.. How da hell do you activate quick reply : /?

Read Aadi's signature. b:quiet
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own"

You just failed.

1.) Armageddon is a physical damage, its only use pre-90 are against pure robe classes like Clerics, Venomancers, Wizards, and maybe archers (Assuming they didn't roll Heavy). And only a ****** would use it in PvE. <.<

2.) Level a pure Strength/Accuracy built Demon Barbarian into 100 and learn all their Demon skills. Not only are they not completely dependent on 1 tiny little skill, they'll kill you before you can say "LOL YOU'RE A DEMON BARBARIAN AND NOT SAGE LOL YOU FAIL BECAUSE I JUST GOT OWNED BY A NON ARCHER PHYSICAL CLASS."

3.) /Demon Sunder/Demon Beastial Onslaught/Demon Bloodbath (Say hello to the highest Accuracy class possible, if built right).
    b:bye

@OP: Roll Demon Barbarian if you're interested in end-game PvP, and as others have said, different species do not make a difference for a barbarian to deal more or less damage in PvP or PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

You just failed.

1.) Armageddon is a physical damage, its only use pre-90 are against pure robe classes like Clerics, Venomancers, Wizards, and maybe archers (Assuming they didn't roll Heavy). And only a ****** would use it in PvE. <.<

Where did he say use it PvE? Or that it wasn't physical? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

You just failed.

2.) Level a pure Strength/Accuracy built Demon Barbarian into 100 and learn all their Demon skills. Not only are they not completely dependent on 1 tiny little skill, they'll kill you before you can say "LOL YOU'RE A DEMON BARBARIAN AND NOT SAGE LOL YOU FAIL BECAUSE I JUST GOT OWNED BY A NON ARCHER PHYSICAL CLASS."

3.) /Demon Sunder/Demon Beastial Onslaught/Demon Bloodbath (Say hello to the highest Accuracy class possible, if built right).
    b:bye

@OP: Roll Demon Barbarian if you're interested in end-game PvP, and as others have said, different species do not make a difference for a barbarian to deal more or less damage in PvP or PvE.

Point 1 had to do with what? the fact that i said it does alot of damage O.o find better things to rant about . Fail

Point 2 and point 3 , Please tell me how these apply to the 72 barb or barb under 89 even? they dont ? Dont fail rant and sound stupid.

Still find better things to bother with that are relevant and find you'll do better in the end , later troll. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No Armageddon in pve!? Why didn't anyone tell ME that? Dang, now I gotta stop using one of my best aoe combos. *whip crack* Back to grinding one on one Barbs, the other classes don't want us grinding out levels too fast. b:cry

(BTW: Tree of Protection + no charm = death free even MORE powerful Armas. Or if u got the health, skip tree, use beast rage after arma and sunder your hp back for free.)
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Armageddon used to be a skill most wouldn't use regularly for PvE. But now with genies thats changed.

I frequently sunder+perdition+ToP+swell+slam when dealing with a group of mobs. (Still struggling to learn how to manage casting Arma just as ToP's heal kicks inb:embarrass, guess my genie needs more str.)

At the end of it, I'm back to full health and still on the self heal from sunder.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SpitBlood - Dreamweaver
    SpitBlood - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Also, Lions, wolves and pandas aren't real barbs, they are just some wannabe

amen.........................
    b:angry
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I frequently sunder+perdition+ToP+swell+slam when dealing with a group of mobs. (Still struggling to learn how to manage casting Arma just as ToP's heal kicks in, guess my genie needs more str.)

for the genie with L10 ToP:

60STR at least
    -to have the max HP at 60% (30 + 60/2)
    -to have the second heal (at the 6th second) maxed

to have the best result from ToP + Arma:

1)cast ToP --> the buff kicks in and u have +60% max HP

2)wait for 2 SECONDS --> early cast of arma result in unhealed buffed HP b:bye

3)push Arma hotkey --> the 1st healing takes effect

4)Arma channelling ends --> half the HP and MP u have NOW, fix the bonus dmg

5)PRAY IT LANDS EVERYWHERE --> b:thanks

6)second healing kicks in --> HP restored

no need to tell that casting this combo at FULL HP is the best way to max the damage

the great thing about this, is that is BOTH an healing and a DD combo, so its usefull even in trouble situations b:laugh

if u can follow this patter between ur combos, then u can have good times enjoing HUGE numbers b:victory

hope this helps out =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Aye, that would do it. have been pumping dex for a while now on the genie (use ToP more for heals than for armageddon).

Will focus on str next once I cap dex at 64.

Hmm, funny thing though, I swear ToP heals me twice already even though I have only 44 str. Its supposed to heal every 3 seconds and the skill duration is 6 seconds....so it should heal me twice right?

Once I get genie str to 60, sure I'll get the extra HP, and 1 more second of skill duration but how does that trigger a extra heal? b:question
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If u want a close combat phys dmg dealer take a bm.

cz u wont get lots of dmg outa a barb b:bye
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Aye, that would do it. have been pumping dex for a while now on the genie (use ToP more for heals than for armageddon).

Will focus on str next once I cap dex at 64.

yeah, more % healing is always good

but it needs 80 DEX for +10%

Hmm, funny thing though, I swear ToP heals me twice already even though I have only 44 str. Its supposed to heal every 3 seconds and the skill duration is 6 seconds....so it should heal me twice right?

yeah the skills ALWAYS HEALS TWICE even with genie with L1 ToP and 0 STR

Once I get genie str to 60, sure I'll get the extra HP, and 1 more second of skill duration but how does that trigger a extra heal? b:question

i always thought that the increase of duration concern the HP buff (the old version was like this) not the healing

with 60 STR ull have 6 seconds of MAX HP increasing

so the second healing (at the 6th second) is still based on the buffed MAX HP (+60% at lvl10)

I.E. if u have 10k HP unbuffed (i think it doesnt stack with BKI)

with 64 DEX 44 STR u have

+52% BUFF --> 15.2k HP

1 x 28% healing of 15.2k + 1 x 28% healing of 10k --> (4256+2800) 7056 hp

with 60 STR 64 DEX u have

+60% BUFF --> 16k HP

2 x 28% healing of 16k --> (4480*2) 8960 hp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Elinux - Sanctuary
    Elinux - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I don't want to be a tanker... I'd like to be the dmg dealer and wield two weapons.. Tell me which one is best for DPS please!!

If you want to be a Damage (only) Dealer that's valued best to roll with a Wizard or an Archer <--- Watch your aggro b:chuckle
    When the flesh rots away
    When the soul corrodes
    And the mind and the heart fall to pieces
    All that will remain is...
    The lust, the craving, the desire for POWER!!
  • Lygerr - Dreamweaver
    Lygerr - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no one chooses lions because

a) they have no ears

and

b) they look like the incredible hulk and have no fur color

b:angry
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lions are for REAL men, the rest of you metro-sexual barbs can fret over your good looks. b:victory
  • Lygerr - Dreamweaver
    Lygerr - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well, i'm lucky im half of each so i just picked the metro-sexual version of choice, b:chuckle