Same Sex Embrace

XxMaddisonxX - Dreamweaver
XxMaddisonxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
I think that there should be a feature that allows characters of the same gender to embrace one another. what if someone is lost and needs help, why not just pick them up and bring them where they need to go. Over all i think that everyone in the game would find this to be a good idea.b:chuckle
Post edited by XxMaddisonxX - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Elenion - Dreamweaver
    Elenion - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That does sound like a good idea. Say females could run while holding hands or males could shoulder one another--like brothers in arms helping each other. What would the Embrace be though? o_O
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This game is a chinese game, and they dislike same sex embrace/love/w.e.
    PWI Admins/Gms probably can't change it. Addionally it would require new animations which they probably won't have/make too.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i believe if enough people got behind this it would be a matter of months before we saw girls and guys together. But make it as well for marrying same sex because I LOVE YOU SHIMAMIYA!!!b:kissb:dirtyb:cute
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • r0bbyr0tten
    r0bbyr0tten Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think that there should be a feature that allows characters of the same gender to embrace one another. what if someone is lost and needs help, why not just pick them up and bring them where they need to go. Over all i think that everyone in the game would find this to be a good idea.b:chuckle
    Good idea Maddi <3 then you can carry me to my quests monster's and **** <3 b:dirty
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009

yup! !! GM give us this option!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • jadeouro
    jadeouro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That does sound like a good idea. Say females could run while holding hands or males could shoulder one another--like brothers in arms helping each other. What would the Embrace be though? o_O

Women on women: drag by hair instead of embrace.
    Men on men: ...well lets say it's a good thing barbs are marsupials.b:laugh
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    jadeouro wrote: »
    Women on women: drag by hair instead of embrace.
    Men on men: ...well lets say it's a good thing barbs are marsupials.b:laugh

O.O Since when have tiger been marsupials? b:sweat
    i believe if enough people got behind this it would be a matter of months before we saw girls and guys together. But make it as well for marrying same sex because I LOVE YOU SHIMAMIYA!!!

^And this is one reason why they won't do it. It's been stated many...many times that same sex marriage will not be introduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    they will never make the embace function same sex, however i think they should allow for similiar functions that can be used on anyone. when u press the "e" key it brings up a list of character animations. if some interactions with other characters could be added to that it would be great

you could shake hands, fake punch/kick eachother, dance with eachother and of course hug and kiss eachother. these interactions could hopefully be used with anyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxMaddisonxX - Dreamweaver
    XxMaddisonxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im not asking for same sex marrage im just asking for a feature allowing two characters of the same gender to be able to carry each other, it does not have to be in a loving way just being able to bring them places.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im not asking for same sex marrage im just asking for a feature allowing two characters of the same gender to be able to carry each other, it does not have to be in a loving way just being able to bring them places.

And I understand that, but what I was saying if they allowed same sex embracing, then players' would start saying "if we can embrace why can't we marry?"

Personally, I'm not against it if you can carry a person of the same sex in a non-personal(?) way. Like Elenion said, a guy carrying another guy across his shoulders is ok (though uncomfortable). Him carrying him in his arms? Not so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wonder what it would look like if someone was carrying a barb in tiger form b:chuckle not by the tail b:shocked
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    omg i hope this thread doesn't spark off a another flood of same sex mariage like a few months ago b:laugh
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think that it would be nice if same sex characters could ride on mounts together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    O.O Since when have tiger been marsupials? b:sweat

^And this is one reason why they won't do it. It's been stated many...many times that same sex marriage will not be introduced.

and thats why there is more homophobia in this game than any other b:angry
  • _Zakarath_ - Dreamweaver
    _Zakarath_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There should be an option for a female to carry a male b:laugh
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    and thats why there is more homophobia in this game than any other b:angry

Riiight...have you ever played a shooter? I'm not even talking about an online one...just one with your friends in a room. Homophobic comments abound. PWI is tame compared to other F2P online games including Comb*t *rms. Fully integrated voice chat = migranes and arguments over kicking....
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It would look funy for a veno in fox form to carry any other females..... unless it is dragging them by the foot and it has its speed reduced to 0.1 m/s while doing it.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    thats like saying whats wrong with racism

eh..i don't believe so...
  • Reylenn - Sanctuary
    Reylenn - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    razad wrote: »
    eh..i don't believe so...

Mate, both Racism and Homophobia come from ignorance. There's no reason why people shouldn't be able to marry someone of their own sex. Its a free country right? b:laugh

Back on topic, I think this is a good idea. Helping a character of the same sex get to a place faster, escape high-level mobs or anything similar sounds great to me. There's often a time when i wish I could jump on the back of a friend's mount so I didn't get left in the dust.
    If people have issues with intimacy in carrying others, then throw them over your shoulders b:victory
  • Tyger_Myst - Sanctuary
    Tyger_Myst - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009

yeah you would like that wont youb:laugh
    Life is but a game played the shadows of ones
    own destiny.....
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Absolutely I agree w/ you. And they dont have to "Embrace". There is plenty of room, atleast on a flyer, to have a "friend stand in the back or front while riding!
  • bowmaiden
    bowmaiden Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like this idea, at LEAST for helpful purposes. Make it an option while Flying or riding a mount i say, and probably disable the embrase function.
    (Personally, i say let it go as is so you can do whatever. This is a thing that limits the reality of the game. But i want to see this happen, so that is the compromise.)

Basically, let the hint of same-sex activity be there, and make THAT limited, instead of just saying it doesn't exsist.

idk. I'll wait for someone to respond to this before i continue.
  • KevinK - Sanctuary
    KevinK - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The problem here takes root in real life. This would only have a chance if AMERICA changes it's policies.
  • SaberArturia - Dreamweaver
    SaberArturia - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Its a free country right?

People toss that phrase around like confetti without knowing the definition of it. A "free country" is free within the bounds of law, which isn't true freedom as long as there are things that you are not allowed to do. How much would you like to live in a truly free country where anyone could do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted to whoever they wanted? That sort of place would make a third world country look like a vacation spot.

That being said, same sex marriages are illegal in almost all states, California being one of them (where PWI is based). It is against the law, therefore you are not free to do it. While the same sex embrace is not the same as marriage, there will still be people out there that are offended by it. And believe me when I say people have sued over less significant things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What pisses me off the most is the fact that married couples now have a quest they can do daily. Now there is yet another bonus that same sex couples will never get to experiance.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • gokil3viathan
    gokil3viathan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:pleased I agree on Same sex Embrace and using the NORMAL "brother" Hug or "sister" Hug Graphic Display that would look more suitable in the Embracing Feature than the ManWhore or Lesb. look that some ppl might think would show up.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    no, and it will never happen.
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i wish i could carry people. my brother keeps getting stuck everywhere and all i can do about it is fly around trying to find a way to get him out.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    IMO, I honestly don't see anything wrong with being able to carry characters being same sex, I am 100% Asian myself and I've seen dramas, and even Asian movies that same sex would walk hand in hand or shoulder to shoulder on occassion. If PW wants to keep it PG-13 in terms of carrying same sex characters, I would suggest piggy back rides?
  • Valletta - Dreamweaver
    Valletta - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Omg!

A Veno Caring a Assassin = HOT HOT HOT!!!

WOOT! (Yes I am ****.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Red can be good, Blue can be bad. Never be confused by the two colours of rivalry" - General Summer.

"When I look out to see the movements of the wraiths, I usually see something... Something that is attacking the invaders... I think some wraiths are on our side as well... I shall call them, the rebel wraith." - Wraithhunter Hu.
This discussion has been closed.