New Laptop

Options
Nehemiah - Harshlands
Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
Good Laptop to get?

I am into music, I play and compose music and I also like to some games like this one. So something nice in the entertainment department with power and speed behind it.

HP Pavilion DV6-1230US 15.6-Inch Entertainment Laptop

Product Features and Technical Details

Operating System:
Genuine Windows Vista
Post edited by Nehemiah - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mehunglo - Sanctuary
    Mehunglo - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    HP makes great printers.... and ixnay on the istavay, go with Windows 7.
    "Clatto Verata N... Necktie..."
  • Campbell - Lost City
    Campbell - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Seriously dont buy a new computer with Vista. Unless your buying it from a person and not a retailer that would be the only exception.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I am into music, I play and compose music..

buy pc with good cpu and adequate, good sound card :)
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just wanted to mention this. The reason why the full copy and paste of the system information/specs didnt show is because (Im guessing) that after Genuine Windows Vista, there is a trademark symbol. All text after certain symbols (on these forums) are disregarded.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:cute Play on a MacBook Pro, thats what I used to play on until my mom broke it (literally, she broke it in half, then smashed them to pieces to demonstrate she was serious about everyone in my family off computers by 9pm b:shocked)

Rofl it takes time to get used to though since the downloading part gets interestingly weird but its good b:cute

Plus then you get Garageband b:chuckle

Hope that helps! >:D
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, I got the specs on here.
    System Bus Speed: 800
    Number of Processors: 1
    RAM: 4 MB
    RAM Type: SODIMM
    Memory Slots: 2
    Hard Drive
    Size: 320 GB
    Manufacturer: SATA
    Type: Serial ATA
    Speed: 5400.0 rpm
    Graphics and Display
    LCD Native Resolution: 15.6
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (shared)
    up to 1759MB total available graphics memory
    Ports and Connectivity
    Modem: Modem
    Cases and Expandability
    Size (LWH): 14.9 inches, 10.15 inches, 1.61 inches
    Weight: 6.34 pounds
    Wireless:
    Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN

Extras
    DESIGNED FOR YOUR LIFE
    For those who want digital entertainment features and the latest mobile technologies in a stunning design that balances performance and mobility, the HP Pavilion dv6 series Entertainment Notebook PC delivers! Its 16:9 aspect ratio display enables full screen viewing of HD TV and other HD content.
    Connect with the HP Webcam. Turn your next instant message into a live video chat with the integrated webcam, omni directional microphone and an IM solution. Optimized for low-light environments, it's great for capturing short videos to share on your favorite social networking site. Personalize your videos with included YouCam software from Cyberlink.(2)
    Enhanced security with hard drive protection. HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection locks your hard drive into place when it senses abrupt motion to help prevent data loss. The built-in eSATA/USB Combo port enables fast backup to an external hard drive.
    Personalized disc labels with LightScribe. Create custom laser-etched disc labelsright in the drive with LightScribe and preinstalled Cyberlink DVD Suite. Just burndata on the disc, flip it over and burn the cover image using any scanned imageand/or text. Visit the LightScribe Web site for more information.(3)
    Photo-ready with 5-in-1 media card reader. Transfer photos from your digital camera in seconds.
    Full-memory access. Windows Vista
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok you didnt need all that advertising...
    But those specs are OK, for PWI. It wont play COD:Modern warfare 2 but its decent. Except for the fact that its vista.. Either get windows 7 or get XP.

Mac arent really that brilliant for gaming =S, and theres no Perfect world for Mac either. So dont get it. Apparently theyre good for editing sound/photoshop but thats kinda stupid cause the only good editing software doesnt come free with the computer.

If youre really serious just build your own computer. I saw someone who watercooled their computer. (Yeah it still works, they used pipes or something)

Or..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtufuXLvOok
    This guy fully filled up his PC with oil to cool it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Actually I found a better model with windows 7

HP Pavilion DV6-1361SB 15.6-Inch Black Laptop - Up to 3.5 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Professional)

HP Pavilion DV6-1361SB 15.6-Inch Black Laptop - Up to 3.5 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Professional)

SPECIFICATIONS
    Processor
    2.53GHz Intel Core2 Duo Processor P8700
    Operating System
    Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Memory (RAM)
    4GB DDR3
    Display
    15.6" Diagonal High-Definition HP LED BrightView Display (1366 x 768)
    Hard Drive
    320GB (7200RPM) SATA
    Optical Drive
    LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD
    Graphics Card
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (M96) with up to 2815MB total available graphics memory with 1024MB dedicated
    Battery
    6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery; Up to 3.5 hours standard and 7 hours extended battery life*
    Weight & Dimensions (w x d x h)
    6.34lbs; 14.9" x 10.15" x 1.33"/1.61"
  • Evalyne - Lost City
    Evalyne - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:cute Play on a MacBook Pro, thats what I used to play on until my mom broke it (literally, she broke it in half, then smashed them to pieces to demonstrate she was serious about everyone in my family off computers by 9pm b:shocked)

Rofl it takes time to get used to though since the downloading part gets interestingly weird but its good b:cute

Plus then you get Garageband b:chuckle

Hope that helps! >:D
    ok i have a macbook pro but how do you get perfect world to download on it? I mean macmook pro dosent have windows already on it at least mine dosent
  • Augie - Heavens Tear
    Augie - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok i have a macbook pro but how do you get perfect world to download on it? I mean macmook pro dosent have windows already on it at least mine dosent

You have to install a Windows operating system (OS) on your mac, youtube has some great tutorials on how to do it.