Server switch

Options
Geckofreak - Sanctuary
Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
i think it would be great if gms gave everyone the option to switch servers.
when i first started the game i chose a pve server thinking pk would be scary b:shocked , but now i b:dirty pk. id like a chance to try pk server, and im too lazy to start a new charcter and lv myself up to lv 80.

also, i sorta have a bad rep in the sanctuary server from actions in the passed and im having a hard time getting into factions i really want to join b:cry
EMINENCE, WHY WONT U LET ME IN b:cry I WANNA BE A MINI NEF
many other ppl have the same problem and being able to switch servers would give us a new chance

i think everyone should be given the option to move to a different server to try it then given the ability to switch back if they dont like it
if not then at least make "Server change stones" a cash shop item, with like a 2 week cooldown so ppl cant just keep changing servers

what does everyone else think
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Geckofreak - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Much like I've said in the other 50 threads where people suggest this idea. . .

No.

A.) You earn your reputation. It's not PWI's job to help you escape it.
    B.) Level a character up to the mid-90's in the safe environment of PvE and then hop over to a PvP server and raise hell against people who dealt with PvP grinding the whole way? Not overly fair, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Much like I've said in the other 50 threads where people suggest this idea. . .

No.

A.) You earn your reputation. It's not PWI's job to help you escape it.
    B.) Level a character up to the mid-90's in the safe environment of PvE and then hop over to a PvP server and raise hell against people who dealt with PvP grinding the whole way? Not overly fair, IMO.

Seconded. No as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No, no, no, and no. No.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Havregryn - Sanctuary
    Havregryn - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Cash-shop item with a month or so cooldown.

It's just a game, and it's not really unfair. Those who started on PK servers have the experience of leveling there, as well as not having to pay to enjoy more of the PvP aspect of the game.

Probably a few on PvP servers who would like to switch over to PvE servers as well. People make mistakes, rolling on a server that doesn't suit their playstyle could be pretty common, so if they're willing to pay without having to reroll all over again... feel free to in my opinion.

Paid Character Transfer shouldn't be a problem if it helps the players refresh interest in the game.

Also helps the developers by funding, without a few players buying cash-shop items with real currency the rest of us wouldn't be able to play for free ;)
    A healthy soul, resides in a healthy mind and body.
  • SaberArturia - Dreamweaver
    SaberArturia - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

That would be such a despicable thing to do. Even more sad is the fact that people would do it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, just to make remotely fair to change servers ~

If you use said "change server" scroll, you switch to another server of your choice, retaining your lvl, stats, and rep, but all items will be lost. (coin included)

That way, people will think twice about it >.>

<----Devil's Advocate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    also, i sorta have a bad rep in the sanctuary server from actions in the passed and im having a hard time getting into factions i really want to join b:cry

Well...besides the fact that they've already said no, there's this little beauty of a quote. Basically, you're saying that if I wanted to, and had the gold to, I could potentially scam people across all 5 servers? Reputations are there for a reason, and you earned a bad one, so you've gotta live with it.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Whoop dee ****ing doo. Reputations are created by your actions so if you have a bad rep then you did stupid **** to earn it.b:bye
    ಠ_ಠ

Edit: To those who are supporting the idea: NO! The one suggestion about taking away all the items and coins was actually reasonable. It would make it harder for higher level players to get decent equipment because the drop rates from killing low level mobs would suck too much to be any use and it would be nearly impossible for them to kill mobs around their own level without gear. I still think it's a bad idea though.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was one of the first people to suggest this. It's never gonna happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]