Jazae - Dreamweaver
Jazae - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
My cleric Jazae is a level 35, going on 36 cleric and has the STAT setting of:

Vit: 44
Mag:114
Str: 23
Dex: 21

She has 1300 hp, around 2700ish mp and does around 1400-1500 damage with plume shot along with pretty good healing skills but people in game keep telling my I should reset my points. When I first began, I equally distriubuted my points to all four areas and then after reading some guides realized; hey! My dex and vit shouldn't be that high!

Now, should I buy a reset stone and take points off of vit and dex or would I be ok with this build and able to get all of my equipment later in the game?
Post edited by Jazae - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's quite easy to make another character 35 so I guess saving the money is better.

You added dexterity. that's only needed if you wished to wear light armor. you're a magic class so you don't really need dexterity for anything else.

Your vitality is a bit high. it's not really a bad thing but your priority is magic for higher damage and healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Jazae - Dreamweaver
    Jazae - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love my girl. Lol. I dont want to restart. But I guess reset stone it is! Everything is going to get transfered from dex to magic.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You don't have to do it immediately though. You can just start adding 1 str and 9 mag every two levels until you're ready to restat, unless you're having trouble hitting reqs for armor right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You honestly don't even need to restat. I used to have 47 dex before I restatted all those points to my mag and I was able to use arcane gear for my level. Just stop putting points in dex, as for vit you can keep it there or cap it at 50.

Oh I just noticed, you play the same server as I do, feel free to send me a pm in game if you need any help with your Cleric.
  • rst777
    rst777 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i wouldnt restat if i were you. leave your vit there or cap at around 50. and as for dex, crit never hurt anyone and you have 5 to start so 15 points to get an extra crit% is not so bad. i would say that the extra crits have saved my butt more than the extra mag points would have, and i have never had trouble keeping anyone healed either.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    rst the 1% extra crit you get from putting those points into dex isn't as useful as the extra magic damage and mp you get from putting those points into magic, if you've got any extra points don't use them in dex anymore put them in magic unless you need a little extra strength for your next weapon.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I to had lots of dex before I restated.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    u dont need to restat ur stats arnt honestly that bad ive seen worse lol, just as someone pointed out stop putting points in dex and concentrate on ur magic and decide what u personally want from vit and ofc str only needs to be minimum at for armour n weapons personally i had 50 str at level 45 n left it at that and as far as im aware thats me sorted till level 90 ish i tihnk but obv that only matters if u plan on getting that far lol
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My cleric Jazae is a level 35, going on 36 cleric and has the STAT setting of:

Vit: 44
    Mag:114
    Str: 23
    Dex: 21

She has 1300 hp, around 2700ish mp and does around 1400-1500 damage with plume shot along with pretty good healing skills but people in game keep telling my I should reset my points. When I first began, I equally distriubuted my points to all four areas and then after reading some guides realized; hey! My dex and vit shouldn't be that high!

Now, should I buy a reset stone and take points off of vit and dex or would I be ok with this build and able to get all of my equipment later in the game?

Nice, we are very close... I was originally going to make a LA cleric and now i changed my mind

Vit 25
    Str 20
    Mag 130
    Dex 20

So far the dex helps me with an increase chance of critical hit. Im going to leave it alone until I get in the 60s Then Im gonna reset those and move them to Mag. :)
    b:victory
  • Iaegle - Dreamweaver
    Iaegle - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Don't worry about it so much. Just lvl and put more stat points into your magic. Give yourself has much strengh as is needed and add into magic every chance you get.

After you lvl up a bit more you should be just fine, no need to restat really. b:victory