Assassin.. the anti-archer?

Options
Skyspirit - Sanctuary
Skyspirit - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
first off i for one am def re-rolling an assassin.

as far as i know the assassin is an up close melee, wheres light armour, has high dex, and high crits.

everything accept for the melee sounds just like an archer.

i play an archer. anything that gets within melee range 5 meters and closer archers do half dmg to.

so a dex built "sin" would surely win right? and against most other classes it should do just as well as an archer.

this also of course means skills need to be considered. how many stuns will a sin have, will these skills make the sin LA dependent or will the have freedom to roll heavy armour? in wich case you could build a sin just like a BM, STR dependant.

archers use dex to improve ranged atk most importantly. a melee class uses str to improve dmg output.
unless the sins skills are improved by dex, i see no reason to use LA.

building a sin like a BM would seem most logical IMO. a sin will most likely have skills to amplify dmg to balence the low str to high dex ratio.

i apologize for not being very good at putting my thoughts into words. and there are surly a few spellling errors.

im looking for any and all speculation on the topic.
Post edited by Skyspirit - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    >.> its already been posted that the dmg is based off of dex
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    why dont you wait for official game play to come out before we go around thinking things that dont make any sense. why would close ranged melee weapons use dex?

i for one think it would be smart to make one like an LA bm. it makes the most sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wait for them to be released before complaining or w/e it is you were doing. Couldn't really understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hi Sky ^ ^;.
    Daggers, which are needed to use most of the assassin's skills, get their damage from dexterity. Yeah, it's a little confusing because the game mechanics have always been been set up so that Str increases physical melee damage while Dex increases physical ranged damage ~ but this is due to change after the expansion hits.
    Therefore, if you try to go HA you'll be sacrificing attack power, among other things like critical rate/evasion/etc.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:shocked
    whoaaa...
    does this mean we can see...dex based BMs and barbs?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    whoaaa...
    does this mean we can see...dex based BMs and barbs?

Hopefully you understand that dex has nothing to do with the damage of BMs and barb? Just with the damage of the archers (like it has always been) and the assasins. That's what I think anyway.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • rexberry
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hamsta that's actually an interesting thought. Bms get 10 accuracy and 10 evasion per point dex...
    Wouldn't that make them better dagger users than assassins stat-wise b:chuckle?
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rexberry wrote: »
    Str increases physical melee damage while Dex increases physical ranged damage ~ but this is due to change after the expansion hits.

he never said that only assassins will get a different stat system.
    xD
    so.... Dex BMs??
    b:chuckle

and yesh lol....that would be freaky.
    can they still use their stuns with daggers?
    if yes then....they might be a better assassin then assassins
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    and yesh lol....that would be freaky.
    can they still use their stuns with daggers?
    if yes then....they might be a better assassin then assassins
    xD

Aolian blade and Roar of the Pride are usable with "melee weapons". So yes.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    first off i for one am def re-rolling an assassin.

as far as i know the assassin is an up close melee, wheres light armour, has high dex, and high crits.

everything accept for the melee sounds just like an archer.
    Sounds more like a fist Bm to me.
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lols!
    if BMs can use daggers then....
    BMs will replace the assassins~ b:chuckle
    more useful in squads too because of their flame dragon.
    xD
    and superior 1 vs 1. because of stuns.

(>.<)
    rawr~
    Dagger BMs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakiara - Harshlands
    Sakiara - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's alrdy been said, Daggers can only be used by Assassines and Orbs only by Psychics.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lols!
    if BMs can use daggers then....
    BMs will replace the assassins~ b:chuckle
    more useful in squads too because of their flame dragon.
    xD
    and superior 1 vs 1. because of stuns.

(>.<)
    rawr~
    Dagger BMs!

Bm's with daggers but no dagger skillsb:sad
    They will use axe skills xDb:laugh
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's alrdy been said, Daggers can only be used by Assassines and Orbs only by Psychics.

aw....
    b:angry
    anyone else sees how racist that is?
    D=
    how come the tideborn can have race specific weapons? b:cry
    barbarians can use bows.
    wizards can use swords.
    archers can use wands.
    etc etc.
    but....all the other races can't use teh tideborn stuff? b:angry

lol me suppose they realized that BMs and wizards/cleric would make better assassins & psychics then assassins and psychics.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rexberry
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol me suppose they realized that BMs and wizards/cleric would make better assassins & psychics then assassins and psychics.
    b:chuckle lol!! it's kinda sad now that i think about it...
  • hb666
    hb666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    actually BMs get most accuracy/dodge for a point of dex from all the chars.. so if daggers need dex to get more dmg would be an interesting combo..
    but still archers will be better wit hthe daggers since they got the most atk speed eq.. a fist EA with military 8 eq can get 5 times/sec atk speed with fists and hell fury burst.. so daggers would be a bit less i expect but would deal a lot more dmg cause of the dex..
    and as for the anti archer thing.. i still think that an archer would be the best anti archer if rightfully built(just like my EA on PW MS)..
    Successes last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever.
  • Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was going to make a Phychic. However, apparently they are being judged as the new "Solo Class" much like a veno because of how good they are.

Personally, I don't like to kill things so easily, I like a challenge. And apparently the Assasin is going to be rather hard to play due to the up-close phyical combat light armor, dex based character. So.. Yeah, I'm gonna try an Assassin. ^^;

One thing I know for sure, Archers are always going to be picked over Assassins for TTs, FBs, Frost, etc.

I only say this because an Assassin must be up close to a monster to hit it. A lot of the TT, Fb, FRost, etc bosses use AoE. That is where the Archer will shine, because it can stay back, hit the same amount of dmg(if not more) and NOT get damaged so the cleric can continue to heal the acting tank. ^^

Unless that is just my logic... 'Iuno. :P
    Please, call me Kiyo. b:thanks

"..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ugkz7d.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ...what?...NOOOOOOO.....there goes my dream of pwning sins with their own weapsb:cryb:cryb:cry
    (NOW what do i do with my high dex low str buildb:shocked)
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ...what?...NOOOOOOO.....there goes my dream of pwning sins with their own weapsb:cryb:cryb:cry
    (NOW what do i do with my high dex low str buildb:shocked)

relax, im 238 str, 218 dex 78 vit build bow/fist/sword/blade/pole/AXE BM
    am enjoying it very much, although i am lacking behind in attack power (not much, 500-600 per normal attack), but having people exclain "OMG u use unicorn, its a bow" is really fun

ohh, and u can beat archers at their own game too :D (hard but not impossible)
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    Sewagerat - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im gonna reroll into a SUPER NINJA and give it max dex, str, vit, mag and sex. I WILL BE GOD!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked OMG HERB!!!!!!
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ohh, and u can beat archers at their own game too :D (hard but not impossible)

lol~~~!!!!!!!
    now beat wizards, clerics, and venos with their own weapon.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Psssh. You're thinking of a fist/claw bm. I will never be replaced.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    relax, im 238 str, 218 dex 78 vit build
    how you acheive that at your lvlb:shocked
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    One thing I know for sure, Archers are always going to be picked over Assassins for TTs, FBs, Frost, etc.

With the buff that affects party, giving a % of damage dealt to heal you, I wouldn't be too sure about that in later levels. They basically end up with passive assist healing, and with sage venos and Deicide wielders, the max health debuff is possible other ways as well. So will have to wait and see.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    With the buff that affects party, giving a % of damage dealt to heal you, I wouldn't be too sure about that in later levels. They basically end up with passive assist healing, and with sage venos and Deicide wielders, the max health debuff is possible other ways as well. So will have to wait and see.

I suppose that's true. However, PWI can't make either of the two classes too overpowered. So first few weeks will be a testing period I bet. If they are too good, or too powerful they'll be nerfed along with every other class. :P

Take Wizards for example, they could kill 3-4 people their level before finally going down. Then they got nerfed and could probably only handle 2 at best. :P
    Please, call me Kiyo. b:thanks

"..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ugkz7d.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I suppose that's true. However, PWI can't make either of the two classes too overpowered. So first few weeks will be a testing period I bet. If they are too good, or too powerful they'll be nerfed along with every other class. :P

Take Wizards for example, they could kill 3-4 people their level before finally going down. Then they got nerfed and could probably only handle 2 at best. :P

Bleed bug.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Zuyue - Sanctuary
    Zuyue - Sanctuary Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    All the CSers get there oracles redy before they nerf stealth and kidney shot :D
    sin is the anti anything by the look of the skills... stealth behind opponent kidney shot for a auto critical on top skill damage itself. Then fade right out of combat with stealth (as stated on expansion site stealth improves with lvl to the point u can fade back out of sight while IN COMBAT) and kidney shot again. Ouch, the end of the story there, more then likely first kidney shot will tick charm next will take u below half (if first ticked) then a few close swing or maybe just 1 and a quick death. With a high + dagger u could probably be 1 shot easy.

Then the fact they have all SKILL evasion and all MELEE damage evasion skill.... if the above don't work still easy to avoid getting hit while waiting for stealth cooldown.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    All the CSers get there oracles redy before they nerf stealth and kidney shot :D
    sin is the anti anything by the look of the skills... stealth behind opponent kidney shot for a auto critical on top skill damage itself. Then fade right out of combat with stealth (as stated on expansion site stealth improves with lvl to the point u can fade back out of sight while IN COMBAT) and kidney shot again. Ouch, the end of the story there, more then likely first kidney shot will tick charm next will take u below half (if first ticked) then a few close swing or maybe just 1 and a quick death. With a high + dagger u could probably be 1 shot easy.

Then the fact they have all SKILL evasion and all MELEE damage evasion skill.... if the above don't work still easy to avoid getting hit while waiting for stealth cooldown.

LOL GAH ME HATED KIDNEY SHOT! b:chuckle
    but then again...as soon as it wears off me would MELTER THEIR FACE~!!!
    BLARG~
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im definitly rerolling a 'sin too, prolly going to build him like a vit-archer
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I'm going to bet that Kidney Shot has a longer cool down time so you can't back-2-back it like that.