Player Greed?

DeathPlan - Dreamweaver
DeathPlan - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
So I notice how prices on things are going up even thou gold is low now(430k) As apposed to 630k that it was now people complain about ridicoulos prices on things,And I have to agree with those people I guess NO ONE sees that WE set the prices on IN game economy like take this the new turtles people are selling for 2 MILLION IT"S JUST A TURTLE ..It's nothing special has no special effects NOTHING at all it's just like a crappy baby snow hare same ****..What I'm trying to get out is that people should realise that we control the in game economy there is NO set price for ANYTHING in the game besides NPC'S and Cashop Other than that WE set prices everyone should make the game fun for EVERYONE to enjoy not just themselves PWI is really going down prices are raising do to ourselves action will never happen if WE do not choose for it to your a TRUE gamer?Then make it fun for everyone not just yourself
Post edited by DeathPlan - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And I have to agree with those people I guess NO ONE sees that WE set the prices on IN game economy like take this the new turtles people are selling for 2 MILLION IT"S JUST A TURTLE ..It's nothing special has no special effects NOTHING at all it's just like a crappy baby snow hare same ****..

LOL Those same turtles were selling for 3.5mill on HT a few days ago...now they're a bargain at 2.3mill.

It's not that they are that valuable, it's that people will pay 2.3mill or more for them. So yes, you're right...the economy is set by the players-however, there is way too much demand and way too little supply. So don't blame the catshoppers/AH users for selling high. They are trying to meet their market and remain competitive. If they sell too low, another merchant will buy low and sell high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hehe, I got one of those turtles for 1 mil. Tried to sell it for 5 mil, but then just sold it for 2.8 since I didn't find any buyers. Also my brain stopped processing what you were saying about half way through. Probably to protect me from the grammar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So I notice how prices on things are going up even thou gold is low now(430k) As apposed to 630k that it was now people complain about ridicoulos prices on things,And I have to agree with those people I guess NO ONE sees that WE set the prices on IN game economy like take this the new turtles people are selling for 2 MILLION IT"S JUST A TURTLE ..It's nothing special has no special effects NOTHING at all it's just like a crappy baby snow hare same ****..What I'm trying to get out is that people should realise that we control the in game economy there is NO set price for ANYTHING in the game besides NPC'S and Cashop Other than that WE set prices everyone should make the game fun for EVERYONE to enjoy not just themselves PWI is really going down prices are raising do to ourselves action will never happen if WE do not choose for it to your a TRUE gamer?Then make it fun for everyone not just yourself
    I'm sorry, what's the problem here? You said "we set the prices" which is exactly right, as the value of something is what people pay for it, but that is how it should be in the first place. That's the point of having a trade system. Dunno what, then, you would be QQing about.
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the idea of this thread is obvouisly to try and make ppl (those selling) selling at a lower price so the econemy goes more stable and normal so more ppl can have the fun of trading and gaming ... but thats quiet hard to do, u would need everyone to lower the prices at once ... or those who lower the price won't have a living chance to get anything themselves so they can buy the high priced things

Gotta agree with the na,e of this thread though ... not the first MMO that has gone completly crazy on the market ... some even went down cuz of it.
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hmmm, lets see what else we set the prices for.

rare art?

does it serve any practical purpose? maybe to cover a hole in the wall? is it worth 3million dollars to cover that hole? maybe. maybe not. heck, if we paid for time, materials, and handling costs, it probably end up less than 10k for the monalisa. but i dont own the monalisa. do u?
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Naw it's not player greed it's a RARE All class pet do you expect them to sell them for 80kb:shocked
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • wtvdie
    edited December 2009
    no. he doesnt expect them for 80k, he expects ppl to give up all their armor, charms, mounts to him for free, cause he is special.
    edited December 2009
    Naw it's not player greed it's a RARE All class pet do you expect them to sell them for 80kb:shocked
    If you've got the theme concerning QQ over gold prices, item prices, rare, leg pets, etc., it means the NPCs should sell everything and at a very low static price so everyone can get something that's supposed to be expensive or hard to find/get, in fact, very easily.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure greed.

You have the power to not sell high, but you sell high anyway. Proof of greed.

You sell things at a much higher price than you are willing to buy them at. Proof of greed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you've got the theme concerning QQ over gold prices, item prices, rare, leg pets, etc., it means the NPCs should sell everything and at a very low static price so everyone can get something that's supposed to be expensive or hard to find/get, in fact, very easily.

You don't make no sense at allb:surrender
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well if the nobody want to buy gold for 400-500k on AH and everyone sets it down to 200k or so, the gold sellers dont have a choice then to lower it down if nobody want to buy for that price. QWERTY
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    Sewagerat - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Turtles at 5.5mil at LC.....

One good person should get like 50 gold and sell at 300k or lower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked OMG HERB!!!!!!
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    But then it wouldn't be hard to get. And then there would be nothing you can't get. And then what's the point of playing this game? If everyone got a level 105 account with the best possible equips, then there'd be no point playing since everyone would be equal. Then what do you do? PvP maybe. But then it would just get boring. And then it's good bye PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure greed.

You sell things at a much higher price than you are willing to buy them at. Proof of greed.
    I set most of my auctions at 1000 (some go 10k for veraious reasons) and the players set their own price, as long as I break even I'm ususlly happy.I sold a mirage for 87k at one point, started bidding at 1500 (24 hours, 1000 buying for mirages)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Turtles at 5.5mil at LC.....

One good person should get like 50 gold and sell at 300k or lower.
    Its actually about 3 mil. I sold mine for 2.8. Not one person would buy for 5 mil. Some people just see other people selling at high prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Gold fell to 210k yesterday on sanctury. Yes, 210k. For about 10 minutes.

Someone placed an order for 250 gold at 220k. This was immediately followed by someone placing another 200 something at 230k.

Unless these orders were from gold sellers delibretly pushing up the gold prices, I have no idea why anyone would do such a thing.

Obvoiusly no one covered those 200+ gold orders and people just steadily pushed the gold prices back to 400K+.

Its terrible. The entire gold market can be controlled by 2-3 people with ease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When you play scrabble and you use a Z on a triple word score - proof of greed. When you take boardwalk and parkplace in Monopoly - proof of greed. b:laugh This is just funny! -People QQing calling other people in a game greedy simply for playing to win.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    When you play scrabble and you use a Z on a triple word score - proof of greed. When you take boardwalk and parkplace in Monopoly - proof of greed. b:laugh This is just funny! -People QQing calling other people in a game greedy simply for playing to win.
    Lots of times I disagree with you, but these examples are exactly what this topic sounds like. You want more than someone else therefore are greedy. So.. you should have nothing? Less than everyone else? Or maybe the person QQing simply is being greedy their own self and wants others to make less so they can have more. Somehow that's not greedy. b:chuckle
  • wtvdie
    edited December 2009
    on dreamweaver, we have a player named dragoonz who supposedly is attempting to lower gold market back to 200k. so far, hes spent 50k+ and i dont see much of a difference.
  • DeathPlan - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry, what's the problem here? You said "we set the prices" which is exactly right, as the value of something is what people pay for it, but that is how it should be in the first place. That's the point of having a trade system. Dunno what, then, you would be QQing about.

No I'm not crying or complaining it's stating a fact.I'm a cashop player as well I sell my gold for 350k MOSt was 400k wich was when I FIRST bought some and YES the pet is rare but IT"S still the same **** has no special effects NOTHING at all I'm not even saying to sell it for 80k THat is to low atleast 400 t0 600k is a reasonable price but 2 MILLION?Serious?GOLD in RL cost '1' Dollar THAT'S IT this game will mostly fail due to ridicoulos prices and dissappointment people will get due to not being able to afford things
    edited December 2009
    wtvdie wrote: »
    on dreamweaver, we have a player named dragoonz who supposedly is attempting to lower gold market back to 200k. so far, hes spent 50k+ and i dont see much of a difference.

THat guy quit a few days ago..
    edited December 2009

HOW DOES A TURTLE have value?At all..It's just like a stupid fowl no one is'QQING' It's stating a fact.. It's not just the turtle some people forget that it's a GAME NOTHING has a valued price..at all All I am saying is people sometimes SET THINGS to Ridicoulos prices this thread is for people to MAYBE TRY and get what I'm saying and prices will drop some I'm a cashop player as well EVEN I don't set stupid prices..
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »

NO ones QQIng stop being a caveman
    edited December 2009
    Lots of times I disagree with you, but these examples are exactly what this topic sounds like. You want more than someone else therefore are greedy. So.. you should have nothing? Less than everyone else? Or maybe the person QQing simply is being greedy their own self and wants others to make less so they can have more. Somehow that's not greedy. b:chuckle

Actually no from the start I said SO EVERYONE CAN HAVE FUN not just cashop players read carefully.
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I will give a simple example :

Go into any TT run. See the mats that drop. The most expensive ones are the more "uncommon" drops. Why ? Just because they are "uncommon".

Check the token price. When anni packs were here, tokens were at less then 19K. Everything related to it was also "reasonnably" cheap.
    Since anni packs are gone, those same tokens almost doubled in price (IF you can find em) , and the related items you got from them have also risen in price. Why ? Just because its harder to get.

Markets fluctuate constantly. One item might be very expensive while another one very cheap. Because of these fluctuations, players are able to make a profit and aquire items they need.

Is that greed ? NO. It's common sense.

When the expansion comes out, it will be the same thing all over. Some things where the demand is high but offers are low will become more expensive. And others will be the other way around.

That's why it's called a Market.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Actually no from the start I said SO EVERYONE CAN HAVE FUN not just cashop players read carefully.

I'm just saying that don't post like 5 times or more on one page that is bannable you know. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure greed.

Agreed, Pure and Simple.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure greed.

Aha, just because I'm not willing to buy it at that price, it doesn't mean somebody else isn't.

Technically, wanting money no matter how you get it can be perceived as greedy. But please, do save the pointless QQ. You set the prices, we don't. Provided one person is willing to pay 2.3 million for a turtle, people will sell it at that price. If people don't buy, the price comes down.

So we're not being greedy, we're just giving you something people want a price they're willing to pay for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would just like to say, the value of an item is the price it is sold for. If I sell something for 5m, and you tell me that the item is not worth 5m....

Well, obviously, IT IS.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would just like to say, the value of an item is the price it is sold for. If I sell something for 5m, and you tell me that the item is not worth 5m....

Well, obviously, IT IS.

doesnt mean that its worth it, just means thats the price people have to pay to get it.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)