Last year's Christmas event - Bring it back?

Miugre - Heavens Tear
Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Topic is simple enough, I think. Apologies if a thread like this exists... I've seen individual posts on this topic, but not a new thread.

So yeah... I was actually one of the few who had a slight problem with this event last year (that problem isn't worth posting here), but all things considered I'd want it back. It had cool items, but they weren't all about gambling for superweapons and whatnot like the Ani Packs seemed to be. You could spend hours just sniping snowmen and amassing tons of chi stones (and this will help us even more this year, since now we have genies who need a steady supply of chi... also the gear shattering system for PKers). Overall, you could tell some thought had been put into it instead of just saying "oh hai here's a new pack BUY 50 OF IT LOLZ."

So how about it... GMs, are there any plans to work this into next week's patch, or a future one? Or will we be seeing it at all? Personally I'd be disappointed if we keep up this "pack" stuff, but this nice event doesn't come back - especially since the coding for it should still be in the game and it'll probably just take a flip of a switch or two to re-enable it.

Poll included to give staff an idea of what the users think. :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
Post edited by Miugre - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    All I want to know is if the part of the events will include the higher level quests getting the Christmas outfit again. I missed it last year and need a whole outfit to go with my new Rudolph mount.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'll leave this open, as it's not the exact same topic as the other thread!
    b:victory
  • Zolyph - Sanctuary
    Zolyph - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think a return of the snowmen would be awesome! I actually started playing PWI during this event last year and had a lot of fun just destroying snowmen for 100 exp each and collecting stones of all sorts (many of which I still have in my bank lol)
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Would be nice if the snowmen were put in every village and not just cities this time around..lag was bad sometimes and the kill stealing,and itll be a hella lot worse this time around
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:sweat
    me was about......12 months too late for the event.
    XD

T.T'

your poll options be EVIL!
    b:cry
    me hasn't seen it yet so me can't choose option one.
    (X_X)'

......and me wasn't there so...me wasn't really a fan of it!
    b:angry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lykan - Dreamweaver
    Lykan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wasn't here for it last year, but heard it was awesome. Would love to see more in game events. Make it so Xar
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:sweat
    me was about......12 months too late for the event.
    XD

T.T'

your poll options be EVIL!
    b:cry
    me hasn't seen it yet so me can't choose option one.
    (X_X)'

......and me wasn't there so...me wasn't really a fan of it!
    b:angry

Apparently man only talk like ape.

On topic now, I would LOVE to see this event again. Its pure awesomeness while not giving out any OP items but still fun to do. YES YES please!
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'd be happy with the snow and snowmen again if anything.b:sin
    b:bye
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Apparently man only talk like ape.

On topic now, I would LOVE to see this event again. Its pure awesomeness while not giving out any OP items but still fun to do. YES YES please!
    It does good to connect with our ancestors.

I voted no. See hamstas logic. And uhm, would anyone mind explaining what the snowmen were? It probably won't make a difference to me, since I'll be gone, but it would be nice to have a good event that everyone can enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yes, absolutely!!! it wouldnt be a proper PWI christmas without all the fun we had last year! my family has been looking forward to it all year....please, GMs, devs and all the PWI tech folk, let us have it just like last year, with the snowmen, mini nievistock shieldbearers, snow (but make it snow everywhere, to make it more wintery?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart