Barb or Bm for pker

White_Puma - Harshlands
White_Puma - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
I've wanted to try out another pking account besides a wiz, and I was just wandering if a barb or bm would be better for solo pking.
Post edited by White_Puma - Harshlands on

Comments

• YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
    YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Depends of your build, your skills and people you fight. My opinion: Pvp built barb > BM > Pure vit barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because being random isn't enough.b:thanks

Life is just a way to have fun before dying, so stop killing my fun.
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    veno:P..
    seriously barbar not great in pk he is tanker ..bm better couse lots of stun ****..
    but in tw barbar can do some real damage ...way better then bm..get gx and some decent crit rate and go perditioan on 4-10 players b:dirty
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pvp built barb > BM > Pure vit barb

^ This. ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Domenic - Dreamweaver
    Domenic - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I pk alot im a hybrid build barb and can handle my own vs a bm 3to4 lvls higher then me
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    veno:P..
    seriously barbar not great in pk he is tanker ..bm better couse lots of stun ****..
    but in tw barbar can do some real damage ...way better then bm..get gx and some decent crit rate and go perditioan on 4-10 players b:dirty

I dunno what kind of pk u have in harshlands...... but at HIGH LVLS, venos are MEAT FOR THE BEAST. Hell barbs crit your FACE OFF. Heaven barbs one shot u with perdition from their NONSENSICAL Hp and only 35% hp drain from a full effect perdition.

Kk...back on topic.

Lets view the FACTS.
    1) Barbs have a "1shot" skill, BM don't. Even at lvl 100. we get the SMEXY range stun wich holds you in place for 8 seconds and hits u 200% of our weapon damage. Bye bye kiters^___^
    Take a look at BM 100 skill. U will LAUGH. wtf TARD skills-_-

2) Prior to genies, yeah BM stunlock owns. Now with genies+ apoth pots...LOLZSTUNWHUT? There goes the only advantage.

3) Ok Bm's have DRAGON.....but if u talking bout SOLO pk....u're dragon is't very effective. Dragon works best when ganking, and bm's help SOMEONE ELSE get the 1shot.

4) This point i make thru own observation. BM OWNS in pve, their good mob pullers, and the BEST aoe class. But this discussion is about pvp.
    FACTS BELIEVE IT OR NOT.
    My good friend lvl 101 BM +12 gx, highest PVE damage = 180K on rebirth delta wave 9 boss.
    Mine +8 gx(not perdition) = 165k same boss.(will provide SS if u don't believe-_-)

Same friend highest PVP damage = 18k++
    Mine(perdition) = 29k+

So there ya have it. Make your choice. In my experience i can say. bm are good power levelers and good PK SUPPORTS. thats bout it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^ most ppl nowadays use their genie to successfully block perdition.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Heaven barbs one shot u with perdition from their NONSENSICAL Hp and only 35% hp drain from a full effect perdition.
    Must......haveb:dirtyb:laughb:dirty
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    rikako wrote: »
    ^ most ppl nowadays use their genie to successfully block perdition.

Agreed on this. But u see, the only feasable way to stop a perdition is absolute domain. Take a look at the energy consumption and cool down of absolute domain......it a 1 time use, save in a real pvp battle.

If you're RUNNING to safezone, then yes...it will save your life. If u are actually FIGHTING...it just delay the inevitable death.
    Hell barbs need 6-8 seconds to get 3 sparks. beast kings give us 50 more chi per cast, slam gives us 18 more chi per hit, etc etc.

heaven barbs well got that chi building skill.

U see what i'm getting at?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I dunno what kind of pk u have in harshlands...... but at HIGH LVLS, venos are MEAT FOR THE BEAST. Hell barbs crit your FACE OFF. Heaven barbs one shot u with perdition from their NONSENSICAL Hp and only 35% hp drain from a full effect perdition.

Kk...back on topic.

Lets view the FACTS.
    1) Barbs have a "1shot" skill, BM don't. Even at lvl 100. we get the SMEXY range stun wich holds you in place for 8 seconds and hits u 200% of our weapon damage. Bye bye kiters^___^

2) Prior to genies, yeah BM stunlock owns. Now with genies+ apoth pots...LOLZSTUNWHUT? There goes the only advantage.

3) Ok Bm's have DRAGON.....but if u talking bout SOLO pk....u're dragon is't very effective. Dragon works best when ganking, and bm's help SOMEONE ELSE get the 1shot.

4) This point i make thru own observation. BM OWNS in pve, their good mob pullers, and the BEST aoe class. But this discussion is about pvp.
    FACTS BELIEVE IT OR NOT.
    My good friend lvl 101 BM +12 gx, highest PVE damage = 180K on rebirth delta wave 9 boss.
    Mine +8 gx(not perdition) = 165k same boss.(will provide SS if u don't believe-_-)

Mine(perdition) = 29k+

So there ya have it. Make your choice. In my experience i can say. bm are good power levelers and good PK SUPPORTS. thats bout it.

flash bolt of tyresseous cast with a zerk weapon

done bring in genis and pots that are not class specific for obvious reasons

and if im not mistaken bm's are more wanted in TW for our AOE amp and stun

just my opinion....way to post a bm vs barb in the barb fourum....guess whos gonna win this debate?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Agreed on this. But u see, the only feasable way to stop a perdition is absolute domain. Take a look at the energy consumption and cool down of absolute domain......it a 1 time use, save in a real pvp battle.

If you're RUNNING to safezone, then yes...it will save your life. If u are actually FIGHTING...it just delay the inevitable death.
    Hell barbs need 6-8 seconds to get 3 sparks. beast kings give us 50 more chi per cast, slam gives us 18 more chi per hit, etc etc.

heaven barbs well got that chi building skill.

U see what i'm getting at?

ok lets argue perfect conditions here since you seem to like that

leap back nerfs arma when timed right

demon sparked fists will rip that hp right off

we can stun those silly runners and have 5 seperate ranged skills

your near unkillable (sage wizzie and demon fist can solo you btw) and can chain crits like nobodys buisness with arma spike

endgame is balanced....ok wizzies dont count they WORKED for their obscene OPness

(edit: oh hell double postb:surrender)
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009

your near unkillable (sage wizzie and demon fist can solo you btw) and can chain crits like nobodys buisness with arma spike

endgame is balanced....ok wizzies dont count they WORKED for their obscene OPness

except that u can outjump claw bms -suggest to remove jump-

at the 1 shot wiz depending on the level of cash shop the barb has used ;)

lvl 100 barb took 24k crit ice dragon on heavens flame, course it was one shot but these moments wont happen to often, therefore it will most likely happen to die in 2~3 shots :D
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Do a coin toss and pick one cuz u aint getting an answer outta these guys.
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    edited December 2009

Ok...first of all...Please RELAX.
    This is a discussion. You have your opinions based on your experiences, i have mine based on mine.

ALSO let me point out to you. FIST BM is THE FAILZOR in pvp. DUEL is different. yeah fist bm OWNS in duel...so does sword. Maybe it's a L.C thing, but i never encountered ANYone leaping back or forward..or ANYTHING.Not sure if it has anything to do with 90% of pk being in the sky....
    In L.C, a STRAY SLAM from a barb kills a fisty^^. lets not forget, we have bloodbath and that increases our accuracy WAAAAAAAAYYYY up to NOT miss the FISTMASTERS, in addition we have 4 skills that NEVER MISS.

Also perditioning a bm, is not the way to go, unless u want to end the last of his hp fast. It different.
    The O.P is not talking bout BM VS BARB
    he talking bout wich is better for PKING overall.

That being said, sure BM'S own abit till about lvl 89. When barbs get their celestial skills.......it's OVER bro^__^
    If u were to do some research. Go to pwi CHINA forums, see what they say about BMs^^
    Or take it from ppl here.
    Me+8 Gx outdamaging a BM in +12gx, he lvl 101 i lvl 100?
    Something wrong here don't think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hirondelle - Harshlands
    Hirondelle - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Depends of your build, your skills and people you fight. My opinion: Pvp built barb > BM > Pure vit barb

A pure vit build can let you one-hit people with perdition later in the game
  • White_Puma - Harshlands
    White_Puma - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Made a barb, tank/DD but mostly DD, at lvl 70, I wipe all others. 8k hp buffed, and nice physical attack. Im charmed, and so far, I've never died in a 1v1 to my lvl players. I love the damage output and the damage I can take in, won't regret making it at all b:pleased
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    ....what kind of bm's have you been fighting >.<

already stated many times

for pk in general:

barbs....dam hard to kill from anything short of a 9x+ wizzie or a demon sparked fister(if you dissagree go find a max interval fist bm and try to tank his/her spark) and can spike damage like crazy past lvl 89

BM...versitle mele range debuff class with acess to aoe's (axe spear) stuns(axes spears) high single target spike damage (spear sword axe) aoe spike (all weapons) and the highest dps in the game (fists)

and as for armageddon bm's will leap out of it if their smart wizzies will blink archers have shell clerics have 3 shells venos can hood and hope and other barbs...have hp and every class can spark erupt to block it

blood bath at max level demonized with misties will give you around 4k acc
    thats still not enough to more that 50% hit a high dex class (bm or archer)assuming the bm has 3-5 dex per 2 lvls

(edit: bm leaps are faster shorter versions of blink they work the exact same way)
  • Elinux - Sanctuary
    Elinux - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Kk...back on topic.

Lets view the FACTS.

FACTS BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

Mine(perdition) = 29k+

b:thanks
    There should be a smilie that bows to those that use the heads.
    When the flesh rots away
    When the soul corrodes
    And the mind and the heart fall to pieces
    All that will remain is...
    The lust, the craving, the desire for POWER!!
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    For the lulz of debate

Lets view the FACTS.
    1) Barbs have a "1shot" skill, BM don't. Even at lvl 100. we get the SMEXY range stun wich holds you in place for 8 seconds and hits u 200% of our weapon damage. Bye bye kiters^___^ kiters can use anti-stun genie skills too :D

2) Prior to genies, yeah BM stunlock owns. Now with genies+ apoth pots...LOLZSTUNWHUT? There goes the only advantage. Since you are including genies, i'll include them too ^_^

3) Ok Bm's have DRAGON.....but if u talking bout SOLO pk....u're dragon is't very effective. Dragon works best when ganking, and bm's help SOMEONE ELSE get the 1shot. HF > Bramble Rage

FACTS BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

Mine(perdition) = 29k+

Little nitpicks of mine... also @someone

TW =/= open PvP

PvP built barb > BM > Vit Barb

that is the right answer (credit to however said it first)

however which is more fun depends on your style.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've wanted to try out another pking account besides a wiz, and I was just wandering if a barb or bm would be better for solo pking.

If you're planning on leveling past 90+ you have to make a barb.

Bms are really nerfed compared to barb endgame...sadly. I see all these Bms that spends thousands USD on gear and they still cant be more than decent and do average dmg b/c the class just cant get any better 95+.

A high lvl hell barb on the other hand is pretty much the strongest pvp class in the game together with lvl 100+ wizards. Beside having more crit than an archer (with onslaught proc) and a skill that can 1 shoot anyone, they also have fk load of hp and cant die 1v1 unless extremely out geared <.<

But if you're only gonna get like lvl 70 than make a BM.
  • Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you're planning on leveling past 90+ you have to make a barb.

Bms are really nerfed compared to barb endgame...sadly. I see all these Bms that spends thousands USD on gear and they still cant be more than decent and do average dmg b/c the class just cant get any better 95+.

A high lvl hell barb on the other hand is pretty much the strongest pvp class in the game together with lvl 100+ wizards. Beside having more crit than an archer (with onslaught proc) and a skill that can 1 shoot anyone, they also have fk load of hp and cant die 1v1 unless extremely out geared <.<

But if you're only gonna get like lvl 70 than make a BM.

+1

Barbs endgame are serioius business,especially Hell Barb, Sick Crits,Sick Hp and well.. Mountcrash Gear with Immac or better look sock =P lol..
    only weaknes really is M.Def but if u had any brains you would use ur genie to make up for that..
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan
  • saer1
    saer1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i have missing hit with my axes b:angry so how can i pk b:angryb:cry
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Stop missing...silly necromancer
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Inb4lock or b4 it sinks to depths again due to inactivity b:shocked