Barb and Cleric

Pandakeet - Harshlands
Pandakeet - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I am curious as to how these two classes fare in the pvp zone when under level 40. And above level 40. Both since I am still below, how do they handle themselves solo or in a squad? I tend to solo...

And how do you bind equipment/weaponry?
Post edited by Pandakeet - Harshlands on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you'd better not PK before 90. if you do... beware your items may drop.

binding stone is a cash shop item. it prevents an item from dropping upon death but after you use it there's no way to sell/trade/decompose the item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have no experience with a Barbarian in PvP, but as a Cleric I tend to do pretty well against any class my level. Honestly any class can be good on PvP, you just need to know how to make use of the skills you are given.
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have no experience with a Barbarian in PvP, but as a Cleric I tend to do pretty well against any class my level. Honestly any class can be good on PvP, you just need to know how to make use of the skills you are given.

agree!b:thanksb:chuckleb:cuteb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • Pandakeet - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    I am approaching the 30 mark and did not know if I, a barb, should be prepared a certain way for losing any money or equipment or how I might fair agianst other players. I am new to the game, also a point that doesn't go along with being good with my class :P
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:chuckle Well in my experience as a cleric who does PK occasionally...

I have to say barbs are easy if you can manage to kill them quickly before they start hitting you. BMs are the hardest to kill since they stun you as soon as you attack if their good...

Other clerics? Its a fight to the death... Its intense, in less than 10 seconds, the fate is determined....

Wiz are the easiest to kill if you hit them fast. Venos, not so sure... Make sure you kill the pet first for sure and immediately afterwords the veno.

So yeah thats all I can really tell you, since I don't pk that much b:chuckle

Oh yeah and don't PK until at least 60+ and even then, don't. Its not worth the QQing
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    barbs cant pk at lvl30-39 they wont be good before 60.

clerics can start from 30b:victory

as a cleric you need lost of mp event/pots or a mp charm, too expensive withoutb:shocked

hardest class for me to fight is barbs, am vit build now so low damage < hp

AA wizb:chuckle2shot
  • Pandakeet - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    What is qqing?

The concensus seems to be that level 60+ is a safer time for a barb. What if i am getting ganked or the likes. Should I expect to be helpless until level 60?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What if i am getting ganked or the likes. Should I expect to be helpless until level 60?

Be prepared to either:
    a.) Run away
    b.) let them kill you
    c.) Try hopelessly to fight back and risk dropping items
    d.) Give them a cookie and hope they'll leave you alone

Please do note that when your name is pink/red the chances of losing items is guaranteed sooner or later. To prevent that, you must bind all your items/put everything in storage, or buy mad expensive guardian angels/scrolls.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • White_Puma - Harshlands
    White_Puma - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    On my barb, I never have problems with clerics, under lvl 90 at least. If you are charmed and self-buffed, a barb can be the best solo pvp class in the game, but also depends on the players skills.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    barbs cant pk at lvl30-39 they wont be good before 60.

clerics can start from 30

as a cleric you need lost of mp event/pots or a mp charm, too expensive withoutb:shocked

hardest class for me to fight is barbs, am vit build now so low damage < hp

AA wizb:chuckle2shot
    wait a little until u grow up b:chuckle

On topic, depends on the player's skill, but between barb and cleric I would choose wizard or Archer.
    b:laugh
    Barb or Cleric? Cleric FTW for me.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    It depends if you can afford charms or not, because charmed PvP is way different from uncharmed.

I usually PvP uncharmed and I'll admit, it becomes annoying fighting players that are charmed when I'm not. Personally I prefer being charmed because I can focus more on damage.

If you want to pk on a Barbarian, you HAVE to be charmed. If you aren't charmed your hardest hitting attack becomes useless unless you're fighting an arcane that you KNOW you can one shot, otherwise you leave yourself open to death if you use it.

Every class can take you down easily if they know what they're doing, arcane classes and archers can just kite you, a blademaster will just outdamage you, simply put if you don't know how to play extremely well as a barb you will get destroyed in PvP if you're uncharmed.

this is all just my opinion, and mabye I don't know what I'm talking about, but from what I've seen this would be right. If I had to summerize what's best for PvP...

Uncharmed:Cleric
    Charmed: Barbarian

kthnxbaib:bye
  • Pandakeet - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    So if they obviously look 20 levels higher than me I should let them kill me and I would'nt lose anything? Or does that only refer to the color of my name?

What are charms? Is this something cheap I refill on during all of my outings?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Charms are boutique items that restore HP/MP and are anything but cheap.

There are Gaurdian Charms and Spirit Charms and each comes as a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum charm and each restores a different amount of HP/MP. Once a charm ticks, meaning its effect was activated, it can't be used again until 10 seconds have passed.

When your HP reaches 50% your Guardian will restore you to full health.
    When your MP reaches 75% your Spirit charm will restore you to full mana.
  • Hesanelf - Harshlands
    Hesanelf - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If the barb is far enough from the cleric when the fight starts the barb will lose a lot of health , barbs dont usually have much magic defenceb:victory
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    I have two clerics one for pure mag and the other for straight up pvping the pvping one is lvl 98 here's what I do: Siren's Kiss > Whirlwind > Wield Thunder > Whirlwind = Dead Barbarian at lvl 90.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • Tatyan - Lost City
    Tatyan - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As a cleric myself i don't do massive dmg. (partly because I'm not pure) but if I pk I can hold my own against up to 10lvl's above but if a cleric is unprepared and pure they can be killed fairly easily if you get a few strong hits on them as any class you can kill them. Still watch for them to heal themselves because if they get enough heals they can kill almost anyone. And with clerics they can do phys. and mag. dmg. so they do well in pvp if you have your attacks upgraded. Still for most classes you wont want to start pk'ing until lvl80+ (just because there are lots of higher lvls that can kill you). And i don't get pk'ed alot but when I do it's not rpk but kos(I'm in sg1).
    Cleric-To Serve And Protect
  • Nifsara - Lost City
    Nifsara - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Good combination but in order to pull it off you first need to build up chi to accumulate sparks. Therefore I would not recommend siren's kiss as a starter. I would use rentless courage followed by razorfeathers or weild thunder and ending with metal increase and siren's kiss sweet b:pleased
    I have two clerics one for pure mag and the other for straight up pvping the pvping one is lvl 98 here's what I do: Siren's Kiss > Whirlwind > Wield Thunder > Whirlwind = Dead Barbarian at lvl 90.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not even going to read what you guys said, here's my input.

Cleric = Heals itself and destroys you with elemental damage

Barbarian = Extreme health with a couple good damaging hits, one in particular is armagedon which is extremely overpowered.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com