Who controls what goes on sale?

Singsung - Sanctuary
Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Many people assume that it's PW China. I thought PW China only provides PWI with content updates and patches and sales are up to PWI to decide.
Post edited by Singsung - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I never thuoght China was incharge of that. I would assume the Directors of Sales at PWI in USA.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    PWI decides. though it receives the major content from China, they can modify some in game things such as sales and other events
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Many people assume that it's PW China. I thought PW China only provides PWI with content updates and patches and sales are up to PWI to decide.

ex. MY-EN is owned by some poor company but PWI is owned by Beijing Perfect World so they decide wat sales we get and so on...MY-EN cubizone buys their patches thats why they are like 1light year behind us ^^
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eternalnab wrote: »
    ex. MY-EN is owned by some poor company but PWI is owned by Beijing Perfect World so they decide wat sales we get and so on...MY-EN cubizone buys their patches thats why they are like 1light year behind us ^^

A light year is defined as the distance that light travels in a year. So saying that they are behind us is a bit misleading, as it's a question of time, not distance.

Also, considering how certain sales come and go without a patch, it's obvious that it is not directed by PW China in any way.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Just because one company owns another does not mean that they control descisions.

PWI is required from China to make money. How they choose is up to them. I work for a company where our father company does not decide most things other than major corporate over-hauls. They only want us to make profit.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just because one company owns another does not mean that they control descisions.

PWI is required from China to make money. How they choose is up to them. I work for a company where our father company does not decide most things other than major corporate over-hauls. They only want us to make profit.
    all of them control PWI but they act through different ways.

the hosting company replies tickets, holds events, advertises the game, gets rid of hackers, manages billing and even legal matters.

the developing company receives detailed feedback from the hosting company like income/day, hackers detected/day, server error logs, descriptions of bugs and so on... they act directly through game updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • eternalnab
    edited December 2009
    A light year is defined as the distance that light travels in a year. So saying that they are behind us is a bit misleading, as it's a question of time, not distance.

Also, considering how certain sales come and go without a patch, it's obvious that it is not directed by PW China in any way.

my-en been out for ages and we passed em already last year except with fashion oO
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Remember: PWI is a liscensed version of Perfect World, which means its someone elses intellectual property. Obviously the US hosts have little control over what happens, minus stuff like bans etc. The people licensing the game to the "hosts" make the key decisions, to optimize profit of course.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    doesnt sound as if the items are worth anything, other than to a low level alt...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You would think a GM could just simply give us an answer about this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eternalnab
    edited December 2009
    You would think a GM could just simply give us an answer about this...

theres no need answers from GM's they've said it many times that PWI runs by PWchina im too lazy to look those topics
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Remember: PWI is a liscensed version of Perfect World, which means its someone elses intellectual property. Obviously the US hosts have little control over what happens, minus stuff like bans etc. The people licensing the game to the "hosts" make the key decisions, to optimize profit of course.
    It's not licensed, PWI is hosted by the developing company, PWE.

(and if it was[ie. PW-MY] the "hosts" make the marketing/profit descisions not the licenser; They lease the games license[bill to legally host said game, usually includes x number of patches in contract], and in turn are able to make decisions of how the game is run[think cashshop, xp rate, etc])

As for who makes the descisions here, it is -likely- the US higher-ups of PWE.
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eternalnab wrote: »
    theres no need answers from GM's they've said it many times that PWI runs by PWchina im too lazy to look those topics

that's a moot point, GMs should still reply to a serious question being asked b:victory
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2009

This information is false. PW-MY is licensed. PW-PH, PW-MS, and every other version is a licensed version. This makes people believe the same is true of PWE (Perfect World Entertainment). However, PWE is a directly owned subsidiary of Beijing Perfect World. That is why we are the most directly up to date (with the exclusion of the original version in China).
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This information is false. PW-MY is licensed. PW-PH, PW-MS, and every other version is a licensed version. This makes people believe the same is true of PWE (Perfect World Entertainment). However, PWE is a directly owned subsidiary of Beijing Perfect World. That is why we are the most directly up to date (with the exclusion of the original version in China).

And here I thought it was just because we're awesome. b:surrender
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Icelighting - Dreamweaver
    Icelighting - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009

dec 9th 2009
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dec 9th 2009

We already know the general date that the expansion will be released. Stop spamming it.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dec 9th 2009

i was told the date was pushed to 12/14/09 or the week of
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Deadlock - Heavens Tear
    Deadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i was told the date was pushed to 12/14/09 or the week of

Who in the world told you that.... of course rumors spreed like wild fire.
    it's not the 14th stop paying mind to nub's in game thank you
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited December 2009

I heard it being released 12/12/2012 b:shocked
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009

And how you know it isnt the 14th ???? All date's till confirmed are rumour's .... mind games FTW
  • eternalnab
    edited December 2009
    And how you know it isnt the 14th ???? All date's till confirmed are rumour's .... mind games FTW
    "We spoke to Jonathan Belliss of Perfect World International about the upcoming expansion to the popular F2P MMO."

Please note that they interviewed Jonathan Belliss, PWI Product Manager. If you go and look at the into videos for each race; he is the one on each video. I would like to think that his word would qualify as being "of authority" concerning what is going on in PWI. b:victory
    Though, true enough, no one can account for any hiccups or last minute delays. As I said, let's keep our fingers crossed. lol
    http://www.mmorpg.com//gamelist.cfm/setview/features/loadFeature/3763/gameID/282/utm_campaign/MMORPG%20Daily%20Digest%20Email/utm_source/MMORPG/utm_medium/email
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    no one can account for any hiccups or last minute delays. As I said, let's keep our fingers crossed. lol

Still not 100% set in stone its the 9th though. So until official confirmation of release date Im not going to get my hope's up.

TBH I would rather it was 2 weeks late with 10% less bugs than on time with those bugs
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well well,i knew all along it was you americans trying to suck people dry of all their money b:shocked

Poor chinese,i never doubted you guys for a second
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think it goes PWchina > PW-JP > PWI in terms of updates
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    JESUS
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I heard it being released 12/12/2012 b:shocked

1+ b:laugh

it well come out owns the doomsday well start b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
  • MrChrist - Heavens Tear
    MrChrist - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    JESUS

This. b:chuckle
    If you see this message, it means there is something Jesus-related and I am trolling it.
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    joo all wrong its the greedy snake headed oil tycoons from the planet Omgwtflolroflcopter that controls everything...b:shutup
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.