Packs gone? OMG!

Options
Darcwolf - Lost City
Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Probably wont last, but if by some STRANGE chance it does Im wondering if they might bring back just tokens.

I for one hated the packs when they brought them back the second time, too many oracle noobs, and idiots running around with lunar weapons, event gear and stuff.

But as time passed I got used to it, heck I even started making money buying and selling tokens in game. My plan was to make enough to get enough tokens to buy the sage skill book pack in 1k streams, but now its gone b:cry

So what does everyone else think anniversary packs will be back in a week re labeled Christmas packs? b:chuckle
Post edited by Darcwolf - Lost City on

Comments

• Noxus - Dreamweaver
    Noxus - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Might be back with a new name, who knows

dont care much about them tho

just hope what ever they bring is not going to rise the flames again, im sick and tired of it
  • Imogen_Image - Sanctuary
    Imogen_Image - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Heh well take a look at the things they added but for some reason have not announced it yet. One being the box with one random all class baby pet that could have low chance be the frost nix or turtle. The other box being either oracles, decent shards to really nice shards, the low chance for the baby drake or warsoul thingy. According to PWD anyway.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Nothing really changed, the other packs take care of the event gear everyone hated, but takes away the tokens that people liked... lol. It'd be nice if they never brought them back, either way.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    There will definately be either a return of anni packs in the future, or another way to get tokens. Otherwise they wouldnt have gone to all the trouble of putting in the exchange system at the boutique agent.

Oh and, booya 100th post...where's my cake?
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well. that sucks :/ while thy add 3 other packs with event stuff - they removed tokens source :(

rly bad move gms ;/
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Probably wont last, but if by some STRANGE chance it does Im wondering if they might bring back just tokens.

I for one hated the packs when they brought them back the second time, too many oracle noobs, and idiots running around with lunar weapons, event gear and stuff.

But as time passed I got used to it, heck I even started making money buying and selling tokens in game. My plan was to make enough to get enough tokens to buy the sage skill book pack in 1k streams, but now its gone b:cry

So what does everyone else think anniversary packs will be back in a week re labeled Christmas packs? b:chuckle

^That's exactly how I feel. At 1st I hated them, but after a while I got used to it. I even thought that I should get some of those event items too.

The packs we have right now suck. I haven't opened any of those new yet, but I bet that if I did I would end with a lot of stupid oracles, instead of at least useful tokens.
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It'll be renamed the xmas pack or something b:chuckle
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:laugh I cant believe you ppl!
    They bring the Anni packs in boutique, we got MASSIVE QQs.
    They remove em, MASSIVE QQ again!

I never had a problem with packs, just needed to adapt to the new economy.
    Well...i hope they bring em back by...POPULAR DEMAND! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Oh and, booya 100th post...where's my cake?
    Get to my count; then we'll talk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, I'd love to see the tokens come out again in some form.

Sage/Demon books had more supply and lower prices in the AH because of tokens, now they will be harder to get and go up in price. Just have to do more saving up I guess.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Gave up bothering about the packs. The players have to live with it either way. Hope the expansion will be fun b:cute
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, I'd love to see the tokens come out again in some form.

Sage/Demon books had more supply and lower prices in the AH because of tokens, now they will be harder to get and go up in price. Just have to do more saving up I guess.

Pages will probably come down in price now. The newer packs have both types in them. Supplies like subs, cookies, flawless shards (citrines especially), tele's, potions, etc... are going to go up. Mana especially. There are charms from packs, but those aren't going to offset costs much, and there's not an herb yuanxiao type item in these packs.

Lets say there's a huge supply of tokens for people to sell, and that supply lasts a month. Lets also say gold somehow drops to 200k. Old token prices (on DW) were 18k, new prices will probably be 35k going by when packs disappeared before... I'll go with 30k.

That means mana used to cost .216 coin/point.

Now it costs
    Herb - .36 coin/point
    Charm - .68 coin/point

In reality it will almost certainly be higher since I'm deliberately pricing low to make a point. That's a minimum of a 67% increase in cost until token supplies dry up, and more likely a 94.4% increase. Or a 214.8% increase if moving to plat charms. I feel sorry for wizards/clerics right now.
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Get to my count; then we'll talk.

:(

ragerageragerageragerageragerageragerage D:<
    Really, where is my damn cake?
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
This discussion has been closed.