Assassin or Psychic?

SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
SmilingCooki - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
So I read both of their profiles on the expansion site, and both seem really good.

I really like classes that mostly use magic (Psychic,) but Assassin seemed to just have better skills. So I'm having trouble making my final decision on which class to make first when the expansion comes out, any suggestion?
Don't stare at me like that, I just might like it.
Post edited by SmilingCooki - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    psychics are looking like more of a support class. assassins seem to be hailed as a soloable class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Matrix_ - Dreamweaver
    Matrix_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Assassin, I like melee.
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Its really about your play style.

If u like seeing cricts , and like dodging monsters attacks, and being sneaky.

Assassin is for you.

and psychics have tons of interesting skills. And alot of debuffs and buffs, any arcane user would love.

I happen to like them both.
    But you should play as both classes. To figure out which one suits u the best b:victory
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm having the same issue, I like playing magic charecters (my 2 mains are a veno and a cleric) so I obviously like the pyschic, but the assasin just sounds plain cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • Undine - Dreamweaver
    Undine - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psychic seems more interesting in the long run. AoE based (according to the skill list we have on forums) by the most part. Mixed in with buff/debuffs to give them a party aspect. Overall look quite interesting.

Assassins however, although the only thing PWi has been missing in terms of classes, is basically the same kinda character on every mmo. Although attractive, nothing new.

Not saying either will be more interesting then the other, just think Psychic looks like it will be something worth looking into. imho b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    psychics are looking like more of a support class. assassins seem to be hailed as a soloable class.

I don't think Psychics will be much of a support class but more of a DD/Debuff class with stuns knock-back moves. Yea, they may have some useful buffs but I think there more of the offensive class.

That's why i'm going psychic. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't think Psychics will be much of a support class but more of a DD/Debuff class with stuns knock-back moves.
    which is the definition of support
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I always forget where I read the stuff I do, but apparently Sins are going to be more of a squad class than a solo class.

-Goes to look for where he read that-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • Gilbarath - Heavens Tear
    Gilbarath - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psychic...hands down, I too aren't playing any PW until the new classes come out.
  • Ithlia - Heavens Tear
    Ithlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm personally going to be playing a Psychic. Korren said that the Psychic will be a class that can easily solo as good as a Veno, which I was concerned with seeing as I've mainly ever played Veno. However, the assassin does look very interesting and can provide a unique twist to helping out in squads. Honestly it is up to your preference. I would suggest creating both a Psychic and an assassin and level both up to a certain level (I would suggest 19 for both of them so you get a wider range of skills and gameplay), or you can level higher than 19, it all depends on how quickly you level and how much you play.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im going psychic, I need a arcane alt lol

Barb is forever my main though.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
    SmilingCooki - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So I believe that I'm just gonna stick with a Psychic, cause if you ask me I think he's going to be another solo'ing class like Veno, plus I just love helping people w/bufffs and stuff ^_^
    Don't stare at me like that, I just might like it.
  • AlKaizen - Sanctuary
    AlKaizen - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My girlfriend and I are greatly waiting for this expansion, as both classes offer incentives that catch us both. She and I have always had a thing for assassin and arcane type classes, so we're going to actually switch off with each other. When I'm Psychic, she'll be Assassin, and vice versa. ^^
  • Arrow_King - Dreamweaver
    Arrow_King - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I always forget where I read the stuff I do, but apparently Sins are going to be more of a squad class than a solo class.

-Goes to look for where he read that-

Hmm....I'm not sure, Same as you I forget where i read stuff, but for some reason I remember reading the opposite, Sins are going to be more solo. But I'll see if I can find something on it...

Runs to find it,

Also Does anyone have any ideas on how the stats for these new classes should be set up? Like would Psych's be buffed up magically and Sins set up with Dex for there sneakyness or what? I've been trying to think how to play them but I'm not sure...

ASSASSINS FTW!!!!!b:victoryb:victory
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psychics Are gonna own.

Fast Casting.
    Cool Defense buffs ^^
    De Buffs.

Its like a solo and supporter all into one.
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamex - Harshlands
    Flamex - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    can boy and girl assasins or is it just one bc i saw preview and one of them turned into a wolf +when does it the expan... come out
    Im bringing SEXY backb:laugh
  • Flamex - Harshlands
    Flamex - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i mean can they turn invisable srry for typo im on internet with a wii
    Im bringing SEXY backb:laugh
  • Walpurgis - Harshlands
    Walpurgis - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So I read both of their profiles on the expansion site, and both seem really good.

I really like classes that mostly use magic (Psychic,) but Assassin seemed to just have better skills. So I'm having trouble making my final decision on which class to make first when the expansion comes out, any suggestion?

\
    Pure critical Assassin FTW!!!!!!

im not playing PWI until the expansion comes out, im craving some high crits backstabs over someone xD
  • Walpurgis - Harshlands
    Walpurgis - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    can boy and girl assasins or is it just one bc i saw preview and one of them turned into a wolf +when does it the expan... come out

the expansion comes out in exactly 4 days, the 16th =)

i think both new classes will have male and females just like the old ones so dont worry about that
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    yes both classes are multi gender
    Psychic hands down
    The souls sphere absorb souls right?
    so won't that be like taming a pet almost giving you soul sphere more primitive power
    or am I wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yes both classes are multi gender
    Psychic hands down
    The souls sphere absorb souls right?
    so won't that be like taming a pet almost giving you soul sphere more primitive power
    or am I wrong?

b:shocked
    keep that sphere away from me~~~
    b:infuriated
    also um....why not just make one of each...?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    b:shocked
    keep that sphere away from me~~~
    b:infuriated
    also um....why not just make one of each...?

This is why I want to adopt MagicHamsta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • SuperJerry - Harshlands
    SuperJerry - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Assassin all the way... (I'm just a big fan of Dex, even though my main is a wiz)

Also, I was looking at the psy, It looks to me like they will be a magic tank class... honestly, just a guess. Even if they aren't meant to be mag tanks, I still bet they'd be pretty good at it.
  • Detroit - Lost City
    Detroit - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    imho i'd say psychic would be more interesting to play, but i'll still go with sin :P. nothin personal to mag classes, i jus got a thing for assassin classes on any mmo :D
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My recommendation to you would be to play them both to like lvl 20 and decide from there. At that point, even if you pick one and end up not liking it later, you'll still have the one you didn't pick starting at level 20.
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My recommendation to you would be to play them both to like lvl 20 and decide from there. At that point, even if you pick one and end up not liking it later, you'll still have the one you didn't pick starting at level 20.

My girlfriend and I had this same idea. We're both starting sins first, then psys. 20 levels should be enough to decide whether or not you like the class as a whole (although sins will be a pain in the ****, they'll be great endgame)
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sins for their invisibility and 35 meter teleportation!