Is there anyway to counter sleep.

Sullon - Sanctuary
Sullon - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
My friend is always going on and on about how awesome Clerics are.
He claims he can out heal anyone's damage.
And whenever he talks about killing someone he always starts the conversation "I open with sleep..."
The way he describes it, sleep sounds overpowered.

So is there anyway that will break you out of a sleep before he gets off a Tempest?

Or do you just get slept, debuffed, and take the big hit?
Post edited by Sullon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Apoth and/or Genie Skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009

bring him to me. b:thanks
    me want to see how he out heals a one shot.
    b:chuckle

apparently BMs have a anti sleep skill.

barbs can....tank it?
    xD

wizzy can seal,sleep them first me guess.

also mayhaps something about genies somewhere.
    and if your friend be as predictable as you make him sound like....lols 1 apot potion should take care of him.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sullon - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Can you drink a potion while slept?
    Soulcleanse Orb - Remove all debuffs instantly.

Is it considered a Stun or Paralysis? So you could use the genie skill Remove Paralysis or Fortify?

Are you just talking about using Spark Eruption or Sutra Power Orb at the right moment before the spell lands?

Has anyone ever tried to break out of it?
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sure! There's ice water, caffeine, coffee, pinching yourself, etc.

Ok seriously, there is that genie skill I cannot recall at the moment.b:shocked
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Sure! There's ice water, caffeine, coffee, pinching yourself, etc.

Ok seriously, there is that genie skill I cannot recall at the moment.b:shocked

Fortify --> Have to get it off before you are sleep

Remove Paralysis --> At level 10 I believe has around 80% chance to remove stun/sleep effect

There is another anti-stun skill that has a high % to undo sleep/stun but I cannot remember the name of it....

Vacucity (spelling? zzzzz) Powder's

You will become un-sleep if anything hits you...most common cause is others attacking the slept person b:surrender

Ummmm...there are others but I cannot remember....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    what cleric opens with sleep against a bm?

a dead oneb:cute
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    what cleric opens with sleep against a bm?

a dead oneb:cute

Kinda true....if they are a good BM and a good Cleric.

One word --> Balance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    had multiple sleep resisted b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    had multiple sleep resisted b:cry

b:cry I know....it is rather useless now unless you watch carefully and time the pot/genie skill(s) right....b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs, BMs, and Archers ALL have a skill (Archers have 2) to become immune to sleep.

BMs have Will of Bodhisatva (59 - 15 seconds)

Barbs have Violent Triumph (79 - 10 seconds)

Archers have Wings of Grace (59 - 15 seconds) and Elven Alarcity (79 - 8 seconds)

Also, Archers can use winged shell to absorb the hit when slept then using stunning > quickshot as being hit wakes you up b:chuckle
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The best place to practice countering sleep is 3-2 and 3-3 sleep bosses, BM sure do learn the ropes there b:chuckle.

Nyways back to topic

All anti movement debuff skills counter sleep like will of bodhi etc. almost all class (except clerics n wizzies ) have one.

Genie skill Adrenaline rush too allows you to become immune to sleep for 8 seconds and has a 30 second CD with low energy usage.

Also the entire movement debuff removal pots serie does the same (vacuity etc.)
  • Sullon - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    The best place to practice countering sleep is 3-2 and 3-3 sleep bosses, BM sure do learn the ropes there b:chuckle.

Nyways back to topic

All anti movement debuff skills counter sleep like will of bodhi etc. almost all class (except clerics n wizzies ) have one.

Genie skill Adrenaline rush too allows you to become immune to sleep for 8 seconds and has a 30 second CD with low energy usage.

Also the entire movement debuff removal pots serie does the same (vacuity etc.)

So you can use the potions while under the effect of sleep?
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    There is no skill or potion to break sleep, unless sumone purifies you are hits u.
  • Sullon - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    There is no skill or potion to break sleep, unless sumone purifies you are hits u.

That was what I was trying to ask.
    But I am getting a forum full of responses saying these different things work.
    But most of what people have posted require you to use BEFORE the spell lands. I wanted to know if there was anything to break it AFTER, while you're already asleep...
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Although i have yet to test faith, ill get back to you after testing it seems to be the only thing that might work.
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "There is no skill or potion to break sleep, unless sumone purifies you are hits u."

Indeed. All skills/potions i know of only take effect BEFORE you get put to sleep.

However... You will only be asleep until someone hits you or purifies you.
    ANY decent bm/barb can take the clerics first hit. From then on it's all about outdamaging him/her and using pots.

I'n absolutely not a pvp expert, but :

The only reasons i see for a cleric using sleep is on a veno's pet, Disable the pet fast and get to work on the veno, and on an archer to prevent him from one-shotting you. Get up close & personal, put up plumeshell, and you might stand a chance as a cleric.

There is also a genie skill that "silences" melee targets. Same effect, but while the genie silences you the cleric can already start doing damage faster, or put up some defence. A simple maxed out plumeshell diverts 80% of melee dmg into mp instead of HP. Add to that windshield (genie skill) that diminishes dmg by 15%, and you will have a hard(er) time against the cleric since his/her mana pool is wayyy bigger then his/her hp pool.

So "just using sleep" is kinda bullcrap. It's only useful if you're fast enough to put up somekind of defence or "retreat wisely" and run like hell.

While i believe that high lvl clerics can be awesome in pvp, i don't think for a second that it's a clerics role to take on barbs & bm's. Even using silence or sleep skills (seals) , imo clerics don't stand a chance against em on the same lvl.

One last thing :

Take a cleric of your lvl and duel him/her. See how much dmg you do without any defence from cleric. Let him/her put up plumeshell + genie skill.
    See the difference.

If you hit normally for 3K , you will hit for (3K-15%)*80% = 510 dmg on hp and 2040 on his/her mp. And this for about 10 seconds. After 3/4 hits their mp will be gone and you will do ALL damage on hp again.

Another way to find out is simply duel your friend. See IF he can get his seal up before you rip him to pieces...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^ this is wrong on so many levels

their are genis that break sleep

tempest is a nuke it hurts ...alot

mp charms allow plume shell to last its full 30 seconds

there is almost nothing harder to kill in pwi than a cleric in survival mode

sleep is used in pve by clerics to set up their tempest/ spark WT combos

they can also imobilize mele with a 79 skill

never seen a succesful cleric that didnt know how to sleep rightb:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not so sure right now... My friend always manages to some how get out of my sleep and stun me right away and I die seconds later b:surrender

Not the best person to ask this question b:sweat
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Clerics can kill Blademasters and Barbarians the same level as them. I know because I do it all the time, and I don't even use Tempest (God help you all if I ever level it past 1 o.O).

Barbs are the easiest to deal with, unless they're charmed. You can kill them quite easily, I won't get into tactics because it's not really that hard to figure out.

BM's we have a harder time with, because of the stunlock. For a bm wait until the lock breaks, use Cyclone and if possible Wield Thunder, then put his **** to sleep, use Elemental Seal and used Advanced Spark Eruption+Wield Thunder/Tempest. The result is a yumm, delicious fried bm! :3

Now I know there are different ways to take down bm's, and I know there are ways to get around the method I just described but the point I'm trying ot make here is that Clerics, when they know what they're doing, can kill even Barbs and bms. Whether we're meant to or not o.O
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    he sleeps u but when he atk u the sleep effect goes away!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    ^ this is wrong on so many levels

their are genis that break sleep

tempest is a nuke it hurts ...alot

mp charms allow plume shell to last its full 30 seconds

there is almost nothing harder to kill in pwi than a cleric in survival mode

sleep is used in pve by clerics to set up their tempest/ spark WT combos

they can also imobilize mele with a 79 skill

never seen a succesful cleric that didnt know how to sleep right

"Ill repeat there is no genie skill to break sleep, if u do happen to come across one pls do tell"

"Only adrenalin rush makes u immune to sleep but u have to cast it before being slept."

Also using tempest and Sleep on a TT boss would lower dps by a huge amount.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Uhh... Plume Shell only lasts 20 seconds, other that good post o.O
    kthxbai :3
  • Chiv - Lost City
    Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My friend is always going on and on about how awesome Clerics are.
    And whenever he talks about killing someone he always starts the conversation "I open with sleep..."
    The way he describes it, sleep sounds overpowered.

So is there anyway that will break you out of a sleep before he gets off a Tempest?

Or do you just get slept, debuffed, and take the big hit?

Barbs have anti-stun/sleep/seal spell so just use that at the beginning of the fight, if hes as predictable as he sounds hell die quickly
  • Incarnata - Harshlands
    Incarnata - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So you can use the potions while under the effect of sleep?

No, when you get slept you might feel like your keyboard does not work.

Except, you can still use genie skills, and you can still chat.
  • KimikoLight - Sanctuary
    KimikoLight - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Lol hamsta ;3

*looks at the last 20 screenies of all the blademasters i dueled who couldnt get out sleep* b:pleased
  • Darxtar - Lost City
    Darxtar - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    bring him to me. b:thanks
    me want to see how he out heals a one shot.
    b:chuckle

barbs can....tank it?
    xD

also mayhaps something about genies somewhere.
    and if your friend be as predictable as you make him sound like....lols 1 apot potion should take care of him.
    xD

Hamsta you didnt showed that wiz skills to me when battling me
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ewings said it genies.......