Some questions for the higher ups

Alantor - Dreamweaver
Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
Hi all,

I got some questions for the more experienced clerics out here. By those i mean lvl 85+ at least.

1. Are the lvl 79 skills worth taking as soon as possible or can i wait with those ? So far, i don't see any need for them, and i'm in no rush to finish my SP cult. (i didn't do the very last part of cult at altar).

2. I'm wearing the lvl 77 Legendary armor (arcane) refined, and so far they have flawless citrines in them. Should i start thinking about placing Pdef shards or just keep it this way ? Base hp is 3.2K+ unbuffed. (wanted enough for RB & stuff).

3.is it worthwile to upgrade my TT80 weapon (above+3) ? I think i will be in the 80 to 90 range for a long time, and a better refined weapon would help me with my regular questing & grinding (a bit) i think.

4. Can anyone tell me at what lvl in the 80+ it is worth it to AoE and on what mobs? I was thinking mothran dazzlewings (butterfly's) , but are there any others that are good ?

Thx for any help.
Post edited by Alantor - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hi all,

I got some questions for the more experienced clerics out here. By those i mean lvl 85+ at least.

1. Are the lvl 79 skills worth taking as soon as possible or can i wait with those ? So far, i don't see any need for them, and i'm in no rush to finish my SP cult. (i didn't do the very last part of cult at altar).
    I like Wings of Protection. Clerics often put it on me or other squad members when it looks like we'll do something stupid. I plan on getting it for my cleric.

2. I'm wearing the lvl 77 Legendary armor (arcane) refined, and so far they have flawless citrines in them. Should i start thinking about placing Pdef shards or just keep it this way ? Base hp is 3.2K+ unbuffed. (wanted enough for RB & stuff).
    I prefer Citrines, but that's up to you. I don't plan on glowing red with my cleric (even if I make her go demon).

3.is it worthwile to upgrade my TT80 weapon (above+3) ? I think i will be in the 80 to 90 range for a long time, and a better refined weapon would help me with my regular questing & grinding (a bit) i think.
    If you're going to be there a while, definitely. Which weapon are you getting?

4. Can anyone tell me at what lvl in the 80+ it is worth it to AoE and on what mobs? I was thinking mothran dazzlewings (butterfly's) , but are there any others that are good ?
    The Malicious Cadevil near 1k are good. Poison DoT.

Thx for any help.

Anytime, I try. b:thanks Good luck.
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As for weapon : i had a glaive of divinity +2 but switched to Endless Ambi which i refined to +3/2 immas on it.

The Glaive had more Max Matk but less min Matk, but since i don't want my heals to go down i decided to go with TT80. (heals based on base Matk)

As for people doing something stupid, there is something called : "revive".
    They probably won't be stupid again after dying.

Do the cadevils do a lot more DoT poison then the dazzlewings ? I believe they're lvl 85 versus lvl 80 butterflies.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hi all,

Thx for any help.

Well here's what i think:

1. Wings of Protection is GREAT! The best part about Wings of protection is that IT DOESN'T DRAW AGGRO. See the barb/BM taking too much damage but they don't have aggro completely for you to heal? WoP!

Guardian's light is more for surviving in a pinch. Has its uses, its more a personal experience to scope the skill.

2. RB just needs a good barb. The worse the barb the better your HP/pdef has to be. Its fine like that IMO, my wife had the same HP. Only eighth and final boss would one shot her if BB/plume shell wasn't up.

3. My wife did fine with the glaive. Its your choice in the end.

4. Gamma gamma gamma till 86! but if you lack the time can't help you here, that's all my wife and I did at 80-85
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • rst777
    rst777 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They probably won't be stupid again after dying.

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA...HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHA.....
    aaaahhh that is about the funniest thing i have read on here in a loooong time.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Id prio personally
    1-Wings of protection (usable you or another person, lasts decently)
    2-Guardian light (self buff, only 10sec seems shorter...)

I have been saying for a while, and still will say, that HP clerics are squishy as ****. High hp is good if you are going VS magic opponents, but you also want to be balanced. Redsrose recently also changed to pdef shards so she'll probably pop up sooner or later here.
    I wont say full pdef shards. Maybe some extra citrine on 2 gears and rest pdef, at least thats my build. I went pdef from start to finish. Rose went from HP to pdef so she might have a broader perspective on the lv usage.

If your planning on doing gamma then you can keep it at +3.(fast lvling)
    If not, indulge yourself.

fishes up north??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Mothrans don't even DoT, clerics AoE them because they're wood and Lake of Woe has them in dense packs. fish is good but they're lvl 88.

Cadevils are lvl 85 i think, they kind of suck cuz they drain mana but i guess you can get rid of that too.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have been saying for a while, and still will say, that HP clerics are squishy as ****. High hp is good if you are going VS magic opponents, but you also want to be balanced. Redsrose recently also changed to pdef shards so she'll probably pop up sooner or later here.
    I wont say full pdef shards. Maybe some extra citrine on 2 gears and rest pdef, at least thats my build. I went pdef from start to finish. Rose went from HP to pdef so she might have a broader perspective on the lv usage.[/COLOR

b:cute Here......

HP versus Pdef is a tough one.....I myself was full HP sharded until level 100 when I got my "endgame" gear. I have noticed a HUGE difference in survivability since switching to Pdef...I was for a long time an advocate of HP thinking that it would make more of a difference but I now think that pdef is the way to go.

However, I do not think that I would recommend full Pdef until after level 90. The best case would be (imo) stay with HP through your 8x, then at 90 do a combination of HP and Pdef. Once you get your 99 armor (event gear if you can) then switch to Pdef.

I know some who have HP just in their cape and helm with all Pdef everywhere else, but I chose to go all Pdef since you can get your HP through refining.

Full Buffed - My Build at level 84

Full Buffed - My Current Build

Also you can look at our responses in This Thread.

Basically...now I have more Pdef then HP when fully buffed...lol...but I was amazed at how much lower pys attacks hit me. And there is always Plume shell and of course Defense Charms (EPICNESS) in a pinch!!

(keep in mind I am a vit build for TW but will be restating back to full int once I get another refine in...so I might put HP in my Cape to off set the loss in vit hp)

Just my opinion b:cute

PS ---> Poison mobs BEST to aoe on (spiders, Cadevils) but once I reached 80 I was at the fish spot =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Wings of protection - extremely long range skill (havent tested how far) allows you to extend ur or others life prevent charm tick on barbs or save lives, very useful due to low chi usage.

Guardian light- Awesome skill for pressure situation with this you turn into a Herc itself, its very good for tough rushes and in PVP when u have one spark and u r getting uber ganked.

HP and Pdef ou wanna balance both have a decent Pdef and good hp you can increase ny based on what kinda challenges u face mostly and also how much you have put on ur vit.

If you think you will outgrow it in a month or 2 then take it max to max upto 4 otherwise go for 5.

Dazzlewings are good till 81 i think then you can go for phoenixes near Immolation camp and then move to cadevils around 1K. Also you can do fish parties and Do your dailies and RB upto 86. Also dont forget Forgotten frostland, superb EXP with 2x or with Esoterica.