Centaures as race?? check it out...!!!

The_Devil_PT - Lost City
The_Devil_PT - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
hey everyone (: (first of all this is on suggestions but since that nobody saw it i just put it here, cause i want u to read plzzzz, i need some opinions...even if u want to say that it's a bad idea...plz)

i know that rising tide is just coming out and i'm really "excited" with that but i got some ideas that i would like you to see ^^...

well i was trying to sleep and meanwille i remembred something awfull, i never had the oppurtunity to play with a centaur character :S x.x

and these days i'v been thinking about some cool features to a centaur race in perfect world, something difrent, dynamic and that at least i'v never seen x.x

well, this would be a elemtal based class, what means that they would work with elemtents of nature (summons, elementals and principal elements as magic [fire, water, wind, earth] etc...)

1- .The costumization: to create a centaur we would be able to edit the upper part as normally we do with our characters ( we would be able to choose if we wanted to put horns on it or not, more then 1 horns kind option), and the "horse part" would be editable too, we would have the option to choose leg thickness, the tail and the hair (horse body) colors (only "normal" colors browns, whites, blacks, "blonds")
.The centaurs hairs must be long and "wild" some with flowers and leaves or feathers to addorn (because they are a wild race of course)

2- Classes (there would be no male/female class restriction!)

Hunters -> hunters would use throwing spears (and normal spears)/Yumi bows (of course difrrent from normal bows), instead of a "normal" bow/crossbow/slingshot, they'r damage would be lower the the archers one because they would be able to use pets/elementals/summons, whatever (one at time)
pets: - fire -> a fire wolf, that would do fire damage (would have great atack power (dps) and low defense)
- water -> a water eel, that would do water damage (high regenration power (hp), not much damage or defense (balanced)
- earth -> a earth boar, that would do earth damage (would have high defense and not a great atack power)
- wind -> a eagle, that would do metal (supposed to be wind) damage (great atack power, low defense)
(as player lvl up there will be higher summon skill lvl, with that new skills summons will get bigger, a bit difrent, and stronger)

Druids/Elementmaster -> druis/elementmasters would use as weapon a book/ orb intead of staffs/wands/patakas, they would have healing powers not as great as clerics, but they would have the power to transform in elementals of each element to fight.
elementals: - fire -> would be a melee (dps) using 2 fire daggers (when the druid was on this form, his strenght stats would rise, his mag would get a bit lower, vit would stay the same, dex would rise [in this form druids are unable to heal, they would have to come back to normal form to heal])
- water -> would be a caster (healer) using no weapon but only using water as "weapon" (when druid was on this form, his strength would get lower, his mag would rise , vit would rise , dex would stay the same [and healing skills would get better], can heal on this form)
- earth -> would be a melee caster (support) using a erathmade shield and mace (would give mostly bufs to party and not with great damage, in this form druid strength would rise, mag would rise, vit would stay the same, dex would get lower [is excused to say that with buffs they have stronger atacks than without])
- wind -> would be a caster (dps) using a wind staff as weapon (would be a dps caster, with, not only but mostly, wind [metal] based atacks, druid strength would get lower, his mag would rise, vit would stay the same, dex would stay the same)

3- Fly: to fly (i confess that this was the hardest part...) i though about some big elementals of difrent elements...(it isn't the same as untamed, untamed don't use elementals but beasts/animals)

4- Mounts: the mounts to centaurs would have to be difrent, it would have to be some horse shoeing, more like a boot, with some nice effects and well designd (it obviously couldn't be the same as other races, because it wouldn't make any sence, and if the shoeings were well designd it would look nice)

5- Starting area: Starting area would have to be a dense forest, a bit darker, but with some magic inside of it (magical spirits all arounf, fairys, magical mushroons weird plants etc...), and it would be cool fi it had some open caves, not as a dungeon but as a cave, a simple and normal cave just with normal mobs inside.

(See the draws i made for the idea, begining on a reply on page 5 (: check them out ^^ :D)

Well this is my idea (: hope u enjoyed it, if not i'm sorry :S...if u got any suggestions about it or any changes u would do just post them here ^^

Keep thinking in perfect world's future and devloping ^^
(here are 2 ideas i gave before, check them out if u want http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...12#post5438412 http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...92#post5362992)
Post edited by The_Devil_PT - Lost City on

Comments

• Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hm.... interesting. That can be in say....5 years or so but still a interesting idea
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • The_Devil_PT - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    hm.... interesting. That can be in say....5 years or so but still a interesting idea

thanks just what i wanted to hear, a opinion...thanks very much (:
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yesh
    primitive horse people so had guns while elves were still using bows. b:sweat
    (^.^)

me think it be interesting though.
    xD
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoyalStorm - Sanctuary
    RoyalStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    mmm I agree this is an interesting idea but I doubt that it would be implemented for quite a while...
    edited November 2009
    yesh
    primitive horse people so had guns while elves were still using bows. b:sweat
    (^.^)

me think it be interesting though.
    xD

thats the thing i thought about that too xD but then i didn't have any idea for another wep...if u have any just say it :D
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Hmm.. thats what this reminds me of. Kinda like a mix of new generation Heroes Online pets and hunter class and Jade Dynasty arlen class. Just had to post it XD
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
    edited November 2009
    Hmm.. thats what this reminds me of. Kinda like a mix of new generation Heroes Online pets and hunter class and Jade Dynasty arlen class. Just had to post it XD

haha well u can see it that way xP...i was just with this damn idea in my mind and i had to post it xD but yes it mixes a bit of primitive mitology with new generation stuff...xD
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    haha well u can see it that way xP...i was just with this damn idea in my mind and i had to post it xD but yes it mixes a bit of primitive mitology with new generation stuff...xD

yah I understand completely, thats just previous games that i played. I know this is a new idea, this just reminds me of that stuff :)

~Silver
    edited November 2009
    thats basicly what i want, something new in this kind of game, i'v never played a centaur as character, and they are something thats practicly allways present in mithology and even in some games (but as mobs), playing with them as characters would be great...(:
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Centaurs with laser rifles and cannons, that fly invulnerable spaceships that you can't damage and shoot you with nukes that blow up all of Arch in one massive orgy of death from above.

THAT is what I want!

Barring that, this would be cool.

~Saitada
    edited November 2009
    thanks for the opinion aprecciated it ^^
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Cool idea, the only thing I'm O.o about is the pets-- does that mean that the hunter one would be like a veno but with some pwnsome elemental pets permanently?

I'd put like a MP drain on the pets, because it looks like they don't have to be fed. Other than that, looks kinda cool.

Waiiit... D: Now they'll be no room for DDs in a squad!! BAD IDEA! XD
    edited November 2009
    technicly it would not be like a veno, and at same time it would, in the part that "they use pets" yes, anyway they can't use all pets, and venos are casters not melees xP, and venos can use all kinda pets just got to get them, hunters would use elementals that would be skills xP, it's kinda veno, but at same time it isn't xD about the drain mana, hat would make more sense to put timed elementals instead of draining mana...but well the cast skill would allready take a bunch of mana (:
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    venos are casters not melees

Two words: Fox Form. b:bye
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009

yah endgame, your gonna hate it when u see a heavy veno. its gonna changed your whole prospective XD

~Silver
  • Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    RE Original Poster: Centaur you mean and they are present in European (Mainly Greek and Roman) mythology, not so much Chinese where this came from.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    RE Original Poster: Centaur you mean and they are present in European (Mainly Greek and Roman) mythology, not so much Chinese where this came from.

Could be if you consider the fact that Morco Polo went to Asian countries to it could be as the centaur expansion phrase "The New Mystic Invader"

~Silver
    edited November 2009

completly forgot about fox form ^^", anyway it would not be the same xP that was the point i wanted to reach xP.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I love how well thought out this is, even if it might not be implemented.

Instead of just saying "Centaurs lololol" you came up with attacks, forms, flying mounts, land mounts, and pretty much everything that would be needed for a new race.

Nice work. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited November 2009

yah ur right something i had thought about but didn't gave it the importance that it has probably x.x...but there's a thing, elfs are from european mythology too...if i'm wrong just show me xD, i'v been searching for elfs in chineese mithology and didn't found anything ...(anyway i'm going to sleep cyu tomorrow, make the awnser u want, and suggestions too, tomorrow i'll try to awnser and read everything xD)

thanks for reading it ^^
    edited November 2009
    I love how well thought out this is, even if it might not be implemented.

Instead of just saying "Centaurs lololol" you came up with attacks, forms, flying mounts, land mounts, and pretty much everything that would be needed for a new race.

Nice work. b:cute

thanksssssss ^^ last time i suggested a race was long ago and i did something like "i would like to see mermaids" -.- lol, now i tryed to construct a base for the race ^^ (:
  • Lostin - Heavens Tear
    Lostin - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Centaurs with laser rifles and cannons, that fly invulnerable spaceships that you can't damage and shoot you with nukes that blow up all of Arch in one massive orgy of death from above.

THAT is what I want!

Barring that, this would be cool.

~Saitada

+1 for this

Also it's taking a part of every class lol....
    And also

SHOOP.jpg
    edited November 2009
    !!!
    me got it!
    it be a simple solution. (O.o)
    instead of spears/guns/rifles.
    spears/ throwing spears/ "gernades" (since gunpowder stuffed in tiny ceramic balls existed back then?) or instead of gernades some sort of blunt instrument which existed in China....whats that little stave thingy called those monks use?

yesh so spears/throwing spears/staves?
    wait....they're hunters...hmmm spears and throwing spears could work but...switch staves with...some type of other projectile weapon....uh....slings? mayhaps?

so....spears/throwing spears/ slings?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A race using guns? Please not.

And centaurs are in the Greek mythology and the game is Chinese. So I doubt you'll be seeing any in this game, ever.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited December 2009
    And centaurs are in the Greek mythology and the game is Chinese. So I doubt you'll be seeing any in this game, ever.

we see the foreigner....b:chuckle
    zmog!
    and elves.
    b:laugh
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    A race using guns? Please not.

You need to brush up on your Mythology a bit more then.

The Shan Hai Jin (Shan Hai Jin [or Jing] - a classic Chinese text at least 2,200 years old, roughly 31,000 words long, divided into 18 sections, and containing a wealth of information on all manner of extraordinary beasts.)
    Chinese centaurs have often been referred to as deities of some sort, they are horses or bulls with "human heads and hands". Chinese satyrs or pans are a people from the country of Dinling. Their upper bodies are like humans and lower parts are of the hairy horse legs with hooves, and they like to run.
    he cockatrice's Chinese "cousin" described in Shan Hai Jin [SHJ] is the Suan Yu bird. It's like a snake with four wings, six eyes and three legs. If we picture it as having a bird's/rooster's head and talons, it'll look almost exactly like a cockatrice. The book also says that the Suan Yu bird's appearance foreshadows the coming of bad things.
    There are accounts of mermaids (it's called Ling fish in SHJ), the kind that has human legs and arms with a fish/dolphin tail.
    The yerens [Chinese wildmen] are able to make themselves invisible and transform to dodge humans....
    In SHJ yellow humanoid creatures with dogs' heads are described. Their name is Huan dog.
    There are also three-leg people, three-head people, egg-laying people, bird-body people (Siren?), one-foot people, snake-body people (Lamia?)
    There is a china.com [not any longer, sadly] that contains reports from Shen Nong Jia about yeren, albino animals, giant toad monsters, donkey-head wolves, rooster-crest snakes (my grandma told me her mother's story of how such a snake was found in a local "Tu Di" (earth god) temple in the rural Nanjing, Jiangsui Province, the snake didn't siss, but sounded like chicken, the locals thought it has a crest because it was old), unicorns (the website has personal stories of hunters [who] shot dead a couple of unicorns, they say the creature is not exactly a horse, nor a goat, nor a deer; in one account the single horn tilts/curls backward and another forward; they are very agile, and their meat was good; again the local people are sure that they are there), scarlet bats and hogs, etc.
    Have you heard about the famous 'Legend of the White Snake' about a white snake, accompanied by her friend or maid a green snake, transformed into a beautiful woman to marry a mortal, who saved her life a thousand years ago (reincarnation)? In Shen Nong Jia, scientists found that the rare white snakes are often seen to be with green snakes.

So basically, a LOT of 'mythology' that we attribute solely as being Greek/Roman etc. actually isn't and that other cultures have similar legends as well.

~Saitada
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There is another rpg game that has Centaurs in it why copy it and it uses elements.They say that the Dragon is Chinese but it isn't it is European.That is what is displayed on the front of Norse Long Ships.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You need to brush up on your Mythology a bit more then.

The Shan Hai Jin (Shan Hai Jin [or Jing] - a classic Chinese text at least 2,200 years old, roughly 31,000 words long, divided into 18 sections, and containing a wealth of information on all manner of extraordinary beasts.)

So basically, a LOT of 'mythology' that we attribute solely as being Greek/Roman etc. actually isn't and that other cultures have similar legends as well.

~Saitada
    its not that it isnt, theres just many different cultures with similar ideas, like greeks, chinese, and egyptians have similar concepts of a phoenix.

anyways, to original poster:
    this isnt wow, if youre going to make an idea, dont rip it straight from wow.
    we dont do bull people.
    we dont do 5k shaman bs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    its not that it isnt, theres just many different cultures with similar ideas, like greeks, chinese, and egyptians have similar concepts of a phoenix.

we dont do bull people.
    we dont do 5k shaman bs.

Waffle the person I was responding to was saying that Centaurs were not in Chinese Mythology, that they were only in Greek mythology. That is why I posted as I did :P

~S
    edited December 2009

we dont do bull people.
    we dont do 5k shaman bs.

i didn't ripd it from wow -.- the only ting thats kinda like wow is the druid transformations that isn't even like WoW because druids on wow transform in animals not in elementals...and well, i just tryed to make somethingdifrent, but making something difrent nowadays is dificult in a game, because there will be something that will allways remember you of other games...and hunters are a bit like wow, but many other games have hunters, anyway in wow hunter use animals too not elementals...and well what i ask for is something like MagicHamsta - Lost City did, if u don't like a thing give me your opinion, and tell me what would you change on it (:

Saitada - Sanctuary thanks for the support on the mythology thing (: