Illegally edited character???

ShiiraBaenre - Sanctuary
ShiiraBaenre - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
2009-11-2920-23-12.jpg

So on the subject of player avatars that arnt "right" i found this today... so i screened it and i'm summitting here.

This veno looks like its been altered illegally.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ShiiraBaenre - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Don't see anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    zz264

Broken image.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't even see a link, but yes - a lot of people illegally alter their chars in the make over screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    remove the girls name from the screen shot. its against the rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They put all their body sliders at max.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    She looks like a younger version of my grade 9 English teacher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Whats wrong with the picture? Only reason you would alter it is either to make it really pretty, or really ugly (probably). By ugly I mean-
    mjackson.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2009
    whats Wrong With The Picture? Only Reason You Would Alter It Is Either To Make It Really Pretty, Or Really Ugly (probably). By Ugly I Mean-
    mjackson.jpg

OH, SHT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • King_Arthur - Harshlands
    King_Arthur - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well...how does one "Illegally" edit there character. Do they use a program so they can design exactly how they want that character to look. Or do they go to the program files under element then characters folder and change one of the files there. Or are all the sliders to the max like Trista_Zei said. I don't know, but as far as i know, I thought we could "customize" our characters. And if we have to modify the program in order to do it, why not? After all, customizing isn't customizing if you cant do what you want to. You might as well say, "Here, we got 6 characters for you to pick from, and they all look alike. Also, you cant change any of their appearance in any way by any means for whatever reason."

Me personally, I'm not very creative, so I'll just stick to what they have to offer.

Also, was it necessary to pose that MJ pick, almost threw up man.
  • ShiiraBaenre - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    A> i tested character customization this is larger then is possible with the games character generation system.

B> I'll edit out the name, was thinking the GMs would want to see that part but i'll just send them an unedited version if they think its an illegal edit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Well...how does one "Illegally" edit there character. Do they use a program so they can design exactly how they want that character to look. Or do they go to the program files under element then characters folder and change one of the files there. Or are all the sliders to the max like Trista_Zei said. I don't know, but as far as i know, I thought we could "customize" our characters. And if we have to modify the program in order to do it, why not? After all, customizing isn't customizing if you cant do what you want to. You might as well say, "Here, we got 6 characters for you to pick from, and they all look alike. Also, you cant change any of their appearance in any way by any means for whatever reason."

Me personally, I'm not very creative, so I'll just stick to what they have to offer.

This, for the most part. There are a few hidden tricks in the char customization menu (i.e rainbow hair), but they're legal. Otherwise, editing game files is illegal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This veno looks like its been altered illegally.

Oh you think?? Common sense should have told you it is. Surprised that player hasn't been reported for it by now (seen that veno in-game once before).
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Saw that veno once or twice a few days ago, several people I know reported too. Very surprised indeed they haven't been banned by now.
    edited November 2009
    Ok wiseazzb:laugh I was going with a uncertain statement as it is not my job to hand out decisions on such matters. Thats thats the GMs responsiblity. I just posted it here to get the communities feedback and to let the GMs know thats all. You may have encountered her b4 but that was my 1st close encounter with a terrifying avatar.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    She aint nothin but a hoochie momma!

...I like big butts and i can not lie!!

b:shocked
    edited November 2009
    well submitted tickets i'm sure take a few days to process and GMs likely seeing how much evidence is being summitted b4 they make a decision to ban or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    This, for the most part. There are a few hidden tricks in the char customization menu (i.e rainbow hair), but they're legal. Otherwise, editing game files is illegal.

lol, funny how you highlighted that part, but actually, i just use that route to go to screen shots. There is a folder, but i wont give the exact route, and even if i did, i doubt most of you (including myself) would know how to. I went once, but figured life was too short to figure something i probably will never use. I have a bm...thats all i need.
    edited November 2009
    lol, funny how you highlighted that part, but actually, i just use that route to go to screen shots. There is a folder, but i wont give the exact route, and even if i did, i doubt most of you (including myself) would know how to. I went once, but figured life was too short to figure something i probably will never use. I have a bm...thats all i need.

That's why we have youtube. There are some fairly in-depth tutorials there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Nike - Harshlands
    Nike - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so are you "tattling" on him/her?
    edited November 2009
    Omg, i just now got a funny idea trying to figure out a response to Nike, this is what i thought.

"personally, i dont care, good job if there able to customize it so that one leg will be thicker than the other and had flesh wounds everywhere to resemble a zombie running around"

Lol, cant stop laughing at the thought of seeing that type of character running around. If you can do it, go for it

do it, DO IT NOW!!!!11111-insert one here-
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I duno if ilegal or not...but I see this peep days ago..and she looks cool....she makes sunglasses...I want sunglasses too XD...release some types in the Boutique,they sell well for sure XD b:cool
    pppbj.jpg
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Doing ANY modifying/editing of the game client, files and/or game code is a bannable offense. Usually the first time is a warning but repeated flaunting of this rule (and it is a rule, look in the TOS and EULA, it will do you good to know them) can, will and has resulted in accounts being banned.

So little missy file editor from Pride up there in your picture.... if she has done this before and been warned about it... could find her account perma banned.

~Saitada
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I duno if ilegal or not...but I see this peep days ago..and she looks cool....she makes sunglasses...I want sunglasses too XD...release some types in the Boutique,they sell well for sure XD b:cool
    pppbj.jpg

Can I have the specs on your puter? That image is fkn awesome, if you play seeing the game that way, i want what you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Definetely not my computer. Playing on the lowest possible settings, and still lag sometimes. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mwuahahahaha - Sanctuary
    Mwuahahahaha - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Not all characters/players you see have gone beyond the games Character creation tool to make their chars, for instance here's some i made using only the CC' tool.

This is my main char that i actually use
    Mwuah2.jpg

This is my Trading char
    Retailor_a.jpg

This one i left on the drawing board lol
    PinkHairGuy1.jpg
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    @ The above pictures

1st one.

b:shocked Evil

2nd one.
    Meh

3rd one.
    O.o Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm guessing the character with the sunglasses may have altered something else as well that in my mind makes that character much cooler then the sunglasses alone. I mean imagine if a girls chest was so large you could rest your beer mug on it? Now that's cool. b:dirty
  • kariena1
    kariena1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The day some1 actually gets banned for char editing ill be surprised....i had a black tail from lvl 1 till i was 73 and a GM pm'd me while i was grinding and gave me a makeover scroll to change it D: but i think theres more harmful things there worried about then a fat char lol. I know a 93 barb that had a mohawk since lvl 1 and a cleric with a massive head which is now lvl 97. Im sure if some1 made a stick char tho (the oens you can barely see) they'll be banned quickb:chuckle
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    cmon that's not an offense in any way. just laugh at it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Axxxel - Sanctuary
    Axxxel - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Please anyone correct me if im wrong but how would pwi staff really find a issue with someone altering their character with a software? its just for appearance right? i mean sure if they were hacking their stats that should be reported right away but appearance dosnt make them any better in game that you are (unless theyr like 20 lvls higher than you) thats just my thoughts on it and like i said correct me if im wrong.
This discussion has been closed.