Do i need Sunder as Demon ?

Options
unkx
unkx Posts: 19 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Barbarian
yes thats the question i need advice. The reason is easy as demon i am not pure tank and Sunder sounds like its a pure tanker skill.
So i would conecentrate on beastial onslaught now (i'am lvl 71 and haven't skilled Suner yet)
Post edited by unkx on

Comments

• lilyuffie
    lilyuffie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Demon sunder gives 100% ( I believe ) for the next 6 seconds.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Demon Sunder works amazingly well for every build.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    unkx wrote: »
    yes thats the question i need advice. The reason is easy as demon i am not pure tank and Sunder sounds like its a pure tanker skill.
    So i would conecentrate on beastial onslaught now (i'am lvl 71 and haven't skilled Suner yet)

Demon sunder recovers less HP than even a lvl 8 sunder. But it makes every attack critical for 5 sec.
    How does that look like a tankers skill b:shocked??? You gotta be crazy to pass that up.
    Sunder + chi + armageddon = b:bye b:bye everything!
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Demon sunder recovers less HP than even a lvl 8 sunder. But it makes every attack critical for 5 sec.
    How does that look like a tankers skill b:shocked??? You gotta be crazy to pass that up.
    Sunder + chi + armageddon = b:bye b:bye everything!
    What he said.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @Hazzardus: have u managed to cast armageddon after demon sunder yet ?

cuz i think its very difficult to chain this 2skills even if id love to...
    ive heard that almost all the D.barb use D.ONSLAUGHT be4 arma and enjoy the +35%inc crit
    unkx wrote: »

well, to be correct ur not a DEMON YET...b:cute

and sunder is usefull whether u like it or not b:chuckle

so just level it when u can and u WONT REGRET IT b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Bloody_Howl - Sanctuary
    Bloody_Howl - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would get it, if for no other reason - To save on hp pots while grinding... I can grind in human form then Sunder to full hp. Rinse repeat. If the skill isn't that appealing to you, at least get it level 1 or 2 for this reason alone.

But like the rest said it's worth getting and leveling, and for more reasons then just saving on pots like AoE grinding, tanking, and B/c it just looks cool b:laugh
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I would get it, if for no other reason - To save on hp pots while grinding... I can grind in human form then Sunder to full hp. Rinse repeat. If the skill isn't that appealing to you, at least get it level 1 or 2 for this reason alone.

But like the rest said it's worth getting and leveling, and for more reasons then just saving on pots like AoE grinding, tanking, and B/c it just looks cool b:laugh

Yep, though as I said, if youm plan on using sunder just for the healing, dont get the demon version. It reduces heals to less than a lvl8 sunder.
    @Hazzardus: have u managed to cast armageddon after demon sunder yet ?

cuz i think its very difficult to chain this 2skills even if id love to...
    ive heard that almost all the D.barb use D.ONSLAUGHT be4 arma and enjoy the +35%inc crit

Yep, thats the preferred way when one on one. Easier to cast.

Macros would help. Remember at 89+ you have 3 sparks. So essentially you carry 399 chi around when full.
    Assuming you start on full chi in tigerform, the macro could be:
    beastial rage+sunder(makes you run upto target)+trueform(to go human)+armageddon. You could use a chi pot or a chi building genie skill (like cloud eruption) as soon as you see the 2 sparks go from the sunder (you really just need 1 more chi to have another 2 sparks).

Its difficult, but doable I think.

I have done a sunder + armageddon in rapid succession in BH89 often (in someof the many aoe zens there). But I'm not 99 yet and I'm sage btw, so I haven't really seen how many seconds it takes to run through the whole routine.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842