Poll: Amount healed for to show or not?

Options
Gothikaa - Lost City
Gothikaa - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
okay guys this is a poll for whether heals should show up as numbers just like attacks do. A suggestion would include all heals showed.. for e.g Crit heals, basic heals( wellspring ) and even HoTs ticking ( Ironheart )

its getting a little boring playing a healer sooo...please give us healers something :)
Post edited by Gothikaa - Lost City on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    where is poll. ? O finally is there already. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    me would think it would be better to know how much you heal/get healed for.
    (^.^)

me suggest making a suggestion in teh suggestion section. b:chuckle
    now to make it a general discussion.
    (>.<)

what does everyone else think about it?
    =O

me think it would be good because clerics usually end up over healing me. b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gothikaa - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    haha oops didnt think the post came out b4 the poll did.. thought it would be together.. sorry its my first time.. took a little longer :)
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    me thinks you should realize its not that simple to do. healing isnt a flat amount, itd take alot of math problems and coding to make a way so you can see a random number occuring every time you heal.

and really, who cares how much you heal for? just spam IH and dont get your barb killed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Ithlia - Heavens Tear
    Ithlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea. I personally never played a tank on either PW-INT or PW-Malaysia XD but I think it would be a good idea. I mean, clerics have to look at the health of whoever he/she is healing, which can be a little distracting from everyone else. For instance, say a cleric is healing someone that is getting attacked from a mob that is a little tough, then all of a sudden another teammate is getting attacked by a strong mob. It becomes a hassle to pay attention to the health bar of whoever the cleric is currently targeting AND to keep track of the squad menu to see who is losing health and who isn't. Perhaps being able to see how much is healed it could provide for a little ease on Clerics, because to be honest, clerics have enough to deal with already XD
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    and really, who cares how much you heal for? just spam IH and dont get your barb killed.

"How did you die ? "

" Cleric was to busy trying to SS her heal crit to see my health drop "
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    since when heals crit?
    and you have to make a thread on pw beijing forums, here they cant do anything
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Voted both for lulz.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    it would be nice yes :P

but not necesary cuz u can calculate it by hand anyway...

oh and

inbe4mowedtosugestionforum :P
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i want that D:

and it s no problem for coders. those calculated numbers are 'there' already - thy need just to show them :/
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Gothikaa - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its more for aesthetics for clerics.. while u guys enjoy seeing numbers on ur attacks or crits.. why cant we enjoy seeing how much we heal for?

and to regards to coding.. its the same as damage lol..wats so hard?
  • ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City
    ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think it's a fantastic Idea :D

Heals could have a display switch in the UI section of the system settings. Want to see your heals? Check this box! Then mebbe heals could pop up as green numbers ^.^

Also, I don't think heals crit >.> but they totally should.

~ROFL

EDIT:Maybe they could add in a visual buff timer as well, so everyone can see when they are about to lose their precious cleric buffs :D
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think it's a fantastic Idea :D

Heals could have a display switch in the UI section of the system settings. Want to see your heals? Check this box! Then mebbe heals could pop up as green numbers ^.^

Also, I don't think heals crit >.> but they totally should.

~ROFL

EDIT:Maybe they could add in a visual buff timer as well, so everyone can see when they are about to lose their precious cleric buffs :D

search the forum for a program by a player (its there i just cnat find it -_-)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Only if I have the option to turn it off. When I am spam healing, my eyes are on the tank's buffs/debuffs and the boss to anticipate debuffs and aoes - all those numbers popping up over the tank's head would be a massive distraction.

I doubt they would add buff timers either, seeing as how they still haven't managed fixed the magic defense buff as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • D_oryy - Heavens Tear
    D_oryy - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    add crit heals too please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I voted for both because it was a check box/multi-answer question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    add crit heals too please

If you add crit heals, you also have to add miss heals to make the world fair or else somebody would go QQing about it eventually.

Anyways, there should be a third option to toogle this on\off.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    In another game I played long long ago, clerics could see what their heals hit for, so they could judge if they could handle the dps on the tank or needed to call for additional healing. No that game was not wow. It preceded wow and is considered the grandfather of all successful MMO's.

Most mmo's have this function for their clerics already built in. I voted yes. Additional tools to help us play the game is a good idea. It should be toggleable though.

~Saitada
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1. Crit heals do not exist.
    2. Stacking Ironhearts = Stream of numbers above head. Sounds fun at first, but might get annoying after the 10th IH.
    3. Are E-Peens for clerics really going to be measured by amount healed now? Gross.
    4. Lame cleric hybrids might get embarrassed.
    5. ???
    6. PROFIT!

P.S. Everyone vote for both.
    hai2u
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1. Crit heals do not exist.
    2. Stacking Ironhearts = Stream of numbers above head. Sounds fun at first, but might get annoying after the 10th IH.
    3. Are E-Peens for clerics really going to be measured by amount healed now? Gross.
    5. ???
    6. PROFIT!

P.S. Everyone vote for both.
    I would like to see my healing to. I can give +7K in 6s so I would like to see it.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I haven't seen fist bm's complain about streams of damage yet, despite hitting multiple times per second. Really doubt it'd be an issue.

I have a "paliden" with 5 mag, and I'd still like to be able to see how much I can heal :P