Amount Healed show up as numbers

Options
gothikaa
gothikaa Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
hmm just wondering why doesnt the amount healed show up as numbers? is it a setting?

if it isnt i think it wld be a good addition to the game. ( Maybe u could implement the amount healed in Blue or Green fonts. ) Letting healers see how much they heal for.. or even maybe crits..

im sure that would give clerics something to look forward to. instead of DDs comparing how much they hit for / crit for. Clerics can discuss how much they heal or heal crit for. just a thought :)
Post edited by gothikaa on

Comments

• Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It would be nice yes, but then we would have more people "bragging" about their crits and what not.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    gothikaa wrote: »
    hmm just wondering why doesnt the amount healed show up as numbers? is it a setting?

if it isnt i think it wld be a good addition to the game. ( Maybe u could implement the amount healed in Blue or Green fonts. ) Letting healers see how much they heal for.. or even maybe crits..

im sure that would give clerics something to look forward to. instead of DDs comparing how much they hit for / crit for. Clerics can discuss how much they heal or heal crit for. just a thought :)

Good idea. It could be as you can see damage in red numbers you could see healing in green numbers. Not just in chat window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But how would that work with healing over time? Can a DoT crit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • gothikaa
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yeaa sometimes it gets really boring to heal in long fights.. it would really be nice to be able to see how much ur heal heals for.. to prevent me from falling asleep heh

and to be able to see how much IH ticks for each second or something.. do heals even crit btw?

pls devs n gm.. implement this! b:thanks
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    gothikaa wrote: »
    yeaa sometimes it gets really boring to heal in long fights.. it would really be nice to be able to see how much ur heal heals for.. to prevent me from falling asleep heh

and to be able to see how much IH ticks for each second or something.. do heals even crit btw?

pls devs n gm.. implement this! b:thanks

From a common sense point of view heals should never crit, since crits only effect attacking skills. But the game might have a different formula for it, but I highly doubt it though..
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But how would that work with healing over time? Can a DoT crit?

A DoT can crit, but only on the initial hit (at least that I'm aware of). Afterward, the damage that would normally be done by the skill is still done. There isn't a chance for the damage after the first hit to suddenly crit. If healing can crit, I'd assume it would follow the same mechanics as this.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And also healing numbers should see the healed person too. Sometimes I heal together with cleric and tanker even don't know it.b:laugh He think that just cleric was healing, but without my healing he would be death. Especially with sutra I can heal more than 7K+ in 6s. So sometimes we deserve some respect too.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gothikaa
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thanks guys.. really glad to see so many replies so quickly :) my first time posting something heh.

anyways.. if the numbers show up we can then confirm whether heals or certain heals crit or not.. instead of myths and hearsay yea?

thereafter, clerics maybe even spec differently.. maybe high dex for crit healing where certain bosses hit really hard. while another cleric is stacking IH. just a scenario :)
  • Gothikaa - Lost City
    Gothikaa - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yay! got my avatar up. hmm ok btw do devs and gms even notice these suggestions? I'm very sure this addition would be very much anticipated by ALL clerics. so i hope it comes true in the near future :)

oh btw would a poll make GMs n Devs notice this more?
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Seen another thread like this before I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks