Server Status

trevieeeee
trevieeeee Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I went to log onto my server as usual but thought to check the list and all servers appear as HIGH is that not proof enough that all the servers are bursting at the seems weather people like it or not. Adc west is the laggiest thing ever and it shows around 300-350 people there at once on average. New servers are a must and a money maker due to the fact that no one has anything in the new server so many people will reroll and need mass fashions flights mounts and will buy the silly boxes that pwi is known for spamming. Now I know the PVP servers dont generally show as HIGH but all 3 PVE servers are always showing high for me so Im assuming thousands of players are on at once theres no denying that. Either way my guess is PWE will let us reroll tideborn enjoy it alot buy all the new stuff then spring new servers on us so we can rebuy all the new flights etc for our tideborns. This isn't a when is it gonna happen thread its a discussion thread on new servers advantages/disadvantages. Maybe give perfect would some insight from the smart players not the idiot spammers who post 1 line where new server??? threads. Also one last thing no one use the words in4block or inb4spoons etc this is a discussion thread not a complaint/spam thread. Thankyou
Post edited by trevieeeee on

Comments

• Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    And yet, you can still log in. Games generally don't add a new server until it gets to the point that people start getting booted from the strain on the server. We aren't at that point and won't be for a long time so quit asking for a new server.

inb4lock.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Le'Wall-o-Text

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trevieeeee
    edited November 2009
    trista you need to learn to read my friend and I know many people who are booted from the game and dc constantly. This is a discussion thread take your flames to someone who cares. Also there was no "asking for a new server" again learn to read or go home.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    trevieeeee wrote: »
    trista you need to learn to read my friend and I know many people who are booted from the game and dc constantly. This is a discussion thread take your flames to someone who cares. Also there was no "asking for a new server" again learn to read or go home.
    the word high is not proof servers are full. we do not need new servers, it costs alot of money to open them. you dont need a server for every freakin up date, get it through your heads!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I went to log onto my server as usual but thought to check the list and all servers appear as HIGH is that not proof enough that all the servers are bursting at the seems weather people like it or not. Adc west is the laggiest thing ever and it shows around 300-350 people there at once on average. New servers are a must and a money maker due to the fact that no one has anything in the new server so many people will reroll and need mass fashions flights mounts and will buy the silly boxes that pwi is known for spamming. Now I know the PVP servers dont generally show as HIGH but all 3 PVE servers are always showing high for me so Im assuming thousands of players are on at once theres no denying that. Either way my guess is PWE will let us reroll tideborn enjoy it alot buy all the new stuff then spring new servers on us so we can rebuy all the new flights etc for our tideborns. This isn't a when is it gonna happen thread its a discussion thread on new servers advantages/disadvantages. Maybe give perfect would some insight from the smart players not the idiot spammers who post 1 line where new server??? threads. Also one last thing no one use the words in4block or inb4spoons etc this is a discussion thread not a complaint/spam thread. Thankyou
    Can anyone tell me what this poster is trying to say? I'm too lazy to read.
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    New servers plx b:victoryb:victory
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    New servers plx b:victoryb:victory

You have GOT to be joking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You have GOT to be joking.

Why b:sad

• Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hey, least it's not Botmax or anything. (Kudos to you if you know what I'm talking about)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why do people even bother asking for new servers? I mean, yeah, I know it's because they want everybody else to have to start over so that way they're not way behind the pack, but are they completely oblivious to the fact that the game doesn't revolve around them?

If I was running the game I'd ask for player input on a lot of topics, but on choosing the number of servers? Sorry, no. That would be a decision based 100% on an analysis of usage logs vs. the costs involved.

To expect PWI to make such a decision for any other reason would be to expect them to throw money out the window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • trevieeeee
    edited November 2009
    Your exactly right warrenwolfy and thats why Ive mentioned that a new server is a money maker. Thats a whole new server to pile flights mounts charms oracles jolly jones and anniversary packs into. No one would have any of that so they would be making tons of money. Theres a reason why pw china has 30 servers on both PW1 and W2I and we will eventually be the same.

@Wafflechan - your another one of those people who needs to learn to read.. yeaaa
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm sorry but opening a new server as Tideborn are released would be the Stupidest thing ever!

Seriously, everyone will reroll a tideborn and get a fresh start on a new server. And where will the clerics & barbs be? Thats right nowhere. A new server opening with the expansion would be a server of 98% Tideborn and nothing else.

"2 Assasins & 2 Psychics need Tank & Healer for FB19 PLEASE!" b:surrender
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Your exactly right warrenwolfy and thats why Ive mentioned that a new server is a money maker. Thats a whole new server to pile flights mounts charms oracles jolly jones and anniversary packs into. No one would have any of that so they would be making tons of money. Theres a reason why pw china has 30 servers on both PW1 and W2I and we will eventually be the same.

New server or not all the things you listed are a money maker with a new class.
    People will buy all those things for their new characters on old servers, and its more profit for PWI since they havent the cost of a new server to take into account
  • trevieeeee
    edited November 2009
    Thats why I suggested on the first post that pwi will wait until after the expansion everyone will buy there tideborn gear Yay how nice then a new server is sprung in the coming months and tons of people would reroll for the simple fact a new server can be fun and there'll be tons of those people you know from any server out atm selling there houses to spend 1000's on the game monthly. lol I believe there is a 0.1% chance of a new server with tideborn realease as u said thats just silly but after it yes that would be an economical choice for pwi, heck if i wanted I could go play on w2i.wanmei.com they are on there 30th some server and 1 is a week old lol
    edited November 2009

@Wafflechan - your another one of those people who needs to learn to read.. yeaaa

People move to the new server and spend money on their new characters but not their old ones so PWI will be making the same amount of money with more costs.

New servers aren't needed. Please refer to my signature. b:bye
  • trevieeeee
    edited November 2009
    Thats where your wrong on two accounts trista your signature and also once a player is level90 bored and decked out he/she does not buy oracles or dragon orbs or anything they buy it all ingame with gold and also you only need 1 or 2 flights /mounts and fashion can only be bought once as needed. Anyone rerolling has a new reason to buy things there not gonna keep buying mass gold on the old servers as they dont need to. Hence why gold prices skyrocket. Thusly please refer to your own signature and please continue in that way.
    edited November 2009
    Thats where your wrong on two accounts trista your signature and also once a player is level90 bored and decked out he/she does not buy oracles or dragon orbs or anything they buy it all ingame with gold and also you only need 1 or 2 flights /mounts and fashion can only be bought once as needed. Anyone rerolling has a new reason to buy things there not gonna keep buying mass gold on the old servers as they dont need to. Hence why gold prices skyrocket. Thusly please refer to your own signature and please continue in that way.

Well, yes, they aren't going to buy mounts or fashion more than once, but they WILL buy charms more than once. On a new server, they'd buy the mounts and fashion over again, once, then spend on charms which will be bought on the new server and not the old. A one time spike in spending is not equivalent to the monthly costs of maintaining a server.

Once again, behold my signature and shut the hell up while you can still act like you think you know what you're talking about. b:bye
  • trevieeeee
    edited November 2009
    Are you stupid? You just dont learn no one in an old server buys charms alright some noob does and sells them to all the high level people for there tw pay and guess what its all the high lvl people who are going to re roll. Every game does it PWI has done it. Pwi CHINA has done it MANY times and so will we. You are a m-o-r-o-n , thought Id spell it out for you. If you have nothing more constructive to say, leave for a new thread to jump on.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Allow me:

thread-fail-stamp.gif

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't know what your seeing. I don't see anything that says server population is high/low whatever at all. I think your smoking too much dope.

Connections and DC's? Dude, PWI has had Connection and DC issues since the day they opened their doors and the first person logged into the game.

I experience no more DC's now than I did 6 months ago, or 9 months ago, or last year. If your experiencing those issue I would say it is because your computer is a piece of **** and you need to upgrade.

Your arguments are fallacious and unreasonable. When server populations reach a point where new servers will be needed, then you can expect PWI to start new servers. Until then, all the cries for new servers are nothing more than just wind in the air and smell as bad.

Fix/upgrade your system and internet connection first before you go screaming about new servers. If your system can't handle the minimal demands on it the game makes, then you seriously are running old hardware.

~Saitada
    edited November 2009
    Are you stupid? You just dont learn no one in an old server buys charms alright some noob does and sells them to all the high level people for there tw pay and guess what its all the high lvl people who are going to re roll. Every game does it PWI has done it. Pwi CHINA has done it MANY times and so will we. You are a m-o-r-o-n , thought Id spell it out for you. If you have nothing more constructive to say, leave for a new thread to jump on.

Then what happens when the high levels leave the server and stop buying the charms? Are the sellers just going to keep buying them to let them pile up? Obviously, they're going to move to where their business went and do the same thing there. That means they're going to stop buying the charms for the old servers and only for the new server which, again, leads to higher costs for PWI with the same income.

I have a question for you. Do you ever think about the whole picture or do you just enjoy being dead wrong all the time?
    Allow me:

thread-fail-stamp.gif

b:thanks

Thank you, Davitiel. You are a credit to your profession.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Are you stupid? You just dont learn no one in an old server buys charms

Funny you said that, I continue to buy charms for all my characters regularly. Including my higher level characters. Most of the people in my faction buy charms every week for TW and grinding and they are all 8x 9x. I would say you are manufacturing 'reasons' out of thin air to support your erroneous ideas that we need new servers.

Seriously, upgrade your hardware and internet connection, you will find your 'issues' vanish.

~S

p.s. btw, go into arch, you will find many people wanting to buy charms from gold to platinum all the time. Seems the charm business isn't as non existent as you want to think. I can't be in arch for 10 minutes w/o seeing people wanting to buy charms constantly.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    117416_76837_Unsuccessful.jpg

bleh sowwy for not answering....was busy and having too much fun in game...
    b:sweat
    also teh stores were out of troll-b-gone.
    b:shocked

okies at the OP....your logic and reasoning be horribly, horribly flawed.
    new servers are only created when there is a need for a new server.

As the GMs have stated new servers will be created if there is a need for new servers...

PWI itself is not even close to needing new servers.

/end thread.

also...overpopulated my paw.....just look at west arch (you obviously haven't...at least not closely)...most of those "people" are cat shops from people with 2 or more computers just running at the same time....b:surrender

also fix your computer/connection...me myself and apparently Saitada get little to no lag in west arch.

now to entertain your flawed logic....
    new servers do not mean more money....in fact it means less overall income as they cost quite alot to run.
    Where you suddenly decided new servers = more money....me has no idea.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    117416_76837_Unsuccessful.jpg

bleh sowwy for not answering....was busy and having too much fun in game...
    b:sweat
    also teh stores were out of troll-b-gone.

okies at the OP....your logic and reasoning be horribly, horribly flawed.
    new servers are only created when there is a need for a new server.

As the GMs have stated new servers will be created if there is a need for new servers...

PWI itself is not even close to needing new servers.

/end thread.

also...overpopulated my paw.....just look at west arch (you obviously haven't...at least not closely)...most of those "people" are cat shops from people with 2 or more computers just running at the same time....b:surrender

also fix your computer/connection...me myself and apparently Saitada get little to no lag in west arch.

now to entertain your flawed logic....
    new servers do not mean more money....in fact it means less overall income as they cost quite alot to run.
    Where you suddenly decided new servers = more money....me has no idea.

glad to see you finally escaped that pack.

at the op What magichamsta said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    glad to see you finally escaped that pack.

at the op What magichamsta said.

b:cry
    evil evil packs~~~
    wait whats that sound? b:puzzled
    oh noes not again~~~ b:shocked
    eeeee~~

heres me general rule of paw for F2P games.
    See the list.
    if it says very high. then the true population is high.
    if it's high then it's medium.
    etc, etc. simply because of people who multibox using multiple computers. b:chuckle
    generally P2P listings give more accurate readings because....it cost monies for those extra accounts.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Uh. OP has one person supporting him. He also has the rest of the forum against him. I think this thread can end now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You know, did anybody think that this OP isn't brave enough to post on their character?

This is probably the same person who runs around asking for new servers everywhere else, posting on a different account/character/you get the picture each time.

To the OP: go and take your unfounded and ridiculous arguments, and shove 'em where the sun don't shine. They'll do more there then they will in a QQ post on here.

Also, your theory about our charm market is severely flawed. Before you run around calling people names, you should strive to fix your own idiocy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    lol just checked ping rates and saw what the OP was talking about server status. Funny thing. I have never seen it higher than normal or low. Ever. Not even on obviously high load weekends/holidays.

Maybe your connection is possessed and changed your server status to high? Either that (and likely the actual facts) or you are a terrible liar. I think your just a fail lieing troll though.

~Saitada
  • Flame$ - Lost City
    Flame$ - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am a cleric to...so what is a sage cleric and a demon cleric? what do they do? and do you only get to be one when u hit lvl 100 or somethin?b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]~Flame$[/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am a cleric to...so what is a sage cleric and a demon cleric? what do they do? and do you only get to be one when u hit lvl 100 or somethin?b:pleased

... WC?
This discussion has been closed.