carebear advice

Options
Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
So last night I was out pking kos (SHINRA)... started a kos war.. and got the perfect end to the night. killed a SHINRA marshall and he dropped a misty and maxed zuriels. Now I hate the guild.. they are just annoying, they all suck, but they are annoying. Bug our lowbies, and are one of those types that talk trash but can't back anything up. So I love killing them, but this guy was kinda the opposite of most of them, really quiet, never talked trash... complimented on a good fight etc. He was one of the few I could tolerate... so the question is what should I do with the aerogear? (He was asking for just his aerogear back)
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You killed him, of course if he lost his gear he's going to be kissing some hard **** to get it back.

I wouldn't put yourself on the protagonist side of things either, you're the one dangling meat over heads in a forum.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You killed him, of course if he lost his gear he's going to be kissing some hard **** to get it back.

I wouldn't put yourself on the protagonist side of things either, you're the one dangling meat over heads in a forum.

oh I know.. I'm not really looking to put myself as a good guy, I'm just getting half carebear and can't decide what to do b:sad
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It depends. Usually if its some 1 30lvls or more below me I will give them back there stuff.. unless they start raging/QQ at me then i just keep.

Tbh something as good as misty and max aerogear i would keep no matter who it was who dropped... I know i have dropped things worth as much as that and i got no mercy, so i dont intend to give any to others b:bye

Maybe sell him the aerogear at a discount..

You have to think though... if you had dropped that to him would he have given it back to you.. unlikely unless he really is nice xD
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Being an archer, I'd probably catshop it. If he gets it, he gets it. If not, well, I guess he shouldn't have joined that faction.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Give it back if he's nice. Chances are he's only PK'ing because his faction is, and it dropped because he could afford much binds/angels.
    Niceness is something that should be rewarded, not disregarded. Otherwise he'll eventually just say "what's the point?" and you'll end up with +1 arrogant jerk added to the community.

As for option 4, that basically puts you down to their level and you're just as bad as they are in my opinion.

Selling at a large discount would be fair too, since it was PK. But don't be an arrogant jerk to a nice person, or you're just as bad as the faction you hate in my opinion.

Now, if he was an arrogant jerk, you'd be perfectly in your right to fly around on it in full view and rub it in as much as possible. Because in that case he'd deserve it.
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Say no,and then if they still seem polite,keep it for a few days. If anyone from their faction harrasses you or he himself does durring those few days,keep it. If no one harrasses you about it,mail it to him is my advice.

That's just my opinion of course, but it is up to you since those items now belong to you fair and square.

Edit: Dark,honestly if someone was PKing ONLY because they want to look good to their faction mates,I'd just keep the stuff and sell it if I couldn't use it,but just my opinion.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    from what i can tell in your post it seems this guy in particular was nice to begin with and you've always had a good impression of him. if that's the case then be nice to him back :)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So last night I was out pking kos (SHINRA)... started a kos war.. and got the perfect end to the night. killed a SHINRA marshall and he dropped a misty and maxed zuriels. Now I hate the guild.. they are just annoying, they all suck, but they are annoying. Bug our lowbies, and are one of those types that talk trash but can't back anything up. So I love killing them, but this guy was kinda the opposite of most of them, really quiet, never talked trash... complimented on a good fight etc. He was one of the few I could tolerate... so the question is what should I do with the aerogear? (He was asking for just his aerogear back)

If he is known to be a decent player regardless of his faction, I think your choice is easier. If on the other hand he was just sucking up, and is known to be a jerk...

My suggestion is simple. Do some research on the guy and see what he is like. If people have a generally good impression of him as a player then I might be inclined to send him back his aerogear, if he has a negative general impression, 'nice ride, I think I'll keep it'.

~Saitada
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Honestly if people are participating in the PK war I say they should know the risk, and either bring GAs or shut up when they lose stuff. However if they weren't actively participating, meaning not going out and looking for trouble with whoever has them KoSed, then it's really a toss up on what to do. I think it comes down to how nice you're feeling. I honestly don't know how things work on PK servers, having spent little time on them myself, but I know if it was a PvE server and it was me he would be **** outta luck. In any case its personal preference as I said before, but from the look of the circumstances I would say go with selling it back at a discount or be really nice and just give it back.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As was said, if you've always had a decent impression of them, give it back if you want.

Honestly, it all depends on their attitude if I'm to give someone their stuff back. If they weren't trash talking and ask politely I'm inclined to give it back. If not, then just keep it, npc it, drop it and let someone else find it or give it away... whatever you want cause technically it's yours now.

I did drop my unequipped 3* fists, two G8's... later that day someone else from the faction dropped an aqua helm... the next day someone whispered me if I wanted to buy any fists and lol'd. Ended up trading back. That was pretty cool.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Depends on your conscience and values/morals. If I were you, I'd disregard any advice people give you

(...though the discounted price option seems pretty fair)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Guess he'll wanna make friends with guardian scrolls in the future. Or bind what he really wants to keep.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ride it around at every SHINRA pk war. He should have had dolls (or SL) his fault not yours.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    zmog!
    me voted wrong.
    >.<'
    meant to vote give it back since he himself sounds like an okie guy.
    O.o'
    but ehh charge him like 50k or something lols.
    b:chuckle
    me got a
    [IMG][/img]2009-11-2515-53-12.jpg
    ...but me gave it back to him....for....50k!
    lols
    xD
    curse me friendliness b:infuriated
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sucks for you having to decide. Tell you what, since I'm so incredibly nice, I'll take the zuriels from you, and then you won't have to decide. Aren't I an angel?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:laughdont giev back rofl
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davester - Lost City
    Davester - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Im pah-retty sure I wouldnt give it back... their fault you own Adroit
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sucks for you having to decide. Tell you what, since I'm so incredibly nice, I'll take the zuriels from you, and then you won't have to decide. Aren't I an angel?

Oh, yes. Yes you are. b:cute
  • glycogen
    glycogen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    YEAH GIVE ALL OF SHINRA THEIR STUFf BACK YOU NASTY **** ADROITb:angryb:angryb:angry
    edited November 2009
    Options
    glycogen wrote: »
    YEAH GIVE ALL OF SHINRA THEIR STUFf BACK YOU NASTY **** ADROITb:angryb:angryb:angry

I think I found one of the PKed.
  • ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City
    ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tell him if he wants it back to leave SHINRA b:chuckle
  • Ragazzel - Lost City
    Ragazzel - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hes the one that didnt bother to look at the risks of pking and buy guardian scrolls or bind his gear >.>

i say keep it or sell it to someone else and make some money b:victory
    but it totally depends on you.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Say no,and then if they still seem polite,keep it for a few days. If anyone from their faction harrasses you durring those few days,keep it.
    glycogen wrote:
    YEAH GIVE ALL OF SHINRA THEIR STUFf BACK YOU NASTY **** ADROIT
    heh.... crossed the line?....b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If your even contemplating and posting on a forum and need a push in the back to give it back, keep it............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    Sewagerat - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A maxed zuriels is worth A LOT now, if you are not capable of dealing with the stress, I suggest you give it to me :)

Waiting for mail to arrive in 1 hour :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked OMG HERB!!!!!!