Rebirth Alpha Completed!!

HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary
HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
After over a month of dedication and practice we finally managed to conquor rebirth alpha. From what I know it has not been done yet on at least the sanctuary server. This is by far THE hardest rebirth level of them all. Realize you don't have BB, and you don't have barrage, or sharpened tooth arrow at this level. This is only possible with the help of the blessings, genies, and event hp food and alot of apothecary items. And of course the right squad of skilled people who know what they're doing.

Me and a few of my close friends had to fail many times to learn what to do and when to do it. I played the barb BambooAddict, my wife Indigo_Sky played the wizard VioletSpark, our good friend Faith_z played her cleric, and our other good friend and Faith's boyfriend ZaZzy played a cleric on another account of mine Seraphiraph, and our good friend FOLLADOR played his BM. We also had the help of a first timer wizard Halindaro, who did excellent for his first run.

If anyone has proof of them completing this level of rebirth I'd appreciate if they'd post their screenshot somewhere. Until then I will believe that we are the first squad to ever beat Alpha on at least sanctuary. Here's the perfect proof of our victory :D

This 1 picture says it all:

2009-11-2723-58-32.jpg

Looks can be decieving, check the damage o.o

2009-11-2804-06-30.jpg

Nice exp from that sucker.

2009-11-2804-07-46.jpg

For all you high levels out there that think this is just another gamma/delta, I challenge you to make an alt and try alpha. It's easy to power your way through gamma or delta with crazy gear, this requires so much more skill on every player's part.

Wooooo I can't believe we finally completed it!b:victory
Post edited by HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Gratz. What is it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    O.O
    b:shocked
    daaang?
    b:victory
    nice >.<
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Um... you know you just admitted to account sharing right?

Other than that.. Gratz?

~Saitada
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Um... you know you just admitted to account sharing right?

Other than that.. Gratz?

~Saitada
    I thought he said he was playing with his wife. Unless I missed something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Did you try wizards Dragons breath while spam healing? b:question
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I thought he said he was playing with his wife. Unless I missed something.
    Me and a few of my close friends had to fail many times to learn what to do and when to do it. I played the barb BambooAddict, my wife Indigo_Sky played the wizard VioletSpark, our good friend Faith_z played her cleric, and our other good friend and Faith's boyfriend ZaZzy played my cleric Seraphiraph

The bold, italic, underlined part.

~Saitada
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    The bold, italic, underlined part.

~Saitada
    b:shocked He might want to edit that. But.....GMs can read edited stuff. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    We completed the most insane rebirth evahhhhh... and we gonna have bacon from that piggy-boss for a month!!!!

I cant stop smiling, we rocked!!!!

Thanx Helly for the post, i love the screenshot..good memories lol

Also thanx to the amazing squad we did it with, no errors, no flaws, but: VICTORY...

me luvs you all long time no yes?:P
    b:kissb:kissb:kiss
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well i take my hat off to u, if i had 1, i remember getting wiped on the 2nd wave when i tired so many months ago.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    to quote the TOS:
    PWE is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold PWE and its affiliates harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.

Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account, and PWE is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Service or our Games known to you. PWE provides you with choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account.

it's not sale, it's use, that's different
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Grats Hell+squad I remember trying ~10 times w/ my barb. Used the 2x barb 2x wiz 2x cleric setup. Couldn't make it to stage 4 even =/.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Grats Hell+squad I remember trying ~10 times w/ my barb. Used the 2x barb 2x wiz 2x cleric setup. Couldn't make it to stage 4 even =/.

2x Cleric and 2x wiz are good, where you messed up at is the 2x barbs. Barbs simply cant pull the aggro off these mobs quick enough, because of cooldowns and what have you, so they are forced to go mainly 1 at a time, which is why u need a BM (Spear, Axe preferably) mainly because it has a good amount of aoes at those levels, it has aoe stun that either stops enemy in their tracks or does really well in pulling aggro, and 3 because they are WAY better dds then barbs. Barbs meant to tank, BM meant to DD, support tank, remember that and Rebirth Alpha is easy.

P.S. i have completed once, but no i didnt get a video because i was more worried about dieing then making a video. And i only did it once b.c i was lvl 54b:surrender
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    to quote the TOS:

it's not sale, it's use, that's different

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=445792&highlight=account+sharing&page=2

Last two posts on that thread. Stated clearly. Account SHARING is not allowed.

~Saitada
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    just cause he said played my cleric doesnt nessecarily mean that he used his cleric it could just mean that he was the cleric -.-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Grayroses - Heavens Tear
    Grayroses - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Congratulations for completing rebirth alpha!
    As for those flaming about account sharing, you're just spamming a topic to get +1.
    Forum trolls are **** beings who find pleasure in picking on other forum users,trying to bully them. Probably kids or antisocial people, feeding themselves with burgers,chips and soda, 23/7 in front of a PC, they are trying to release their frustration through moronic posts. My advice for them is:get a life (girlfriend,job,pet) or visit a **** site to release your anger and hate due to lack of parental love in childhood. Have fun!
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=445792&highlight=account+sharing&page=2

Last two posts on that thread. Stated clearly. Account SHARING is not allowed.

~Saitada
    then the TOS are double-edged, and should be corrected
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    then the TOS are double-edged, and should be corrected

I agree. The tos seems to have some gray areas that leave too much room for individual interpretation but I don't think this is one of them, although Hawks post leaves a bit of openness for account sharing.

~Saitada
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Congratulations for completing rebirth alpha!
    As for those flaming about account sharing, you're just spamming a topic to get +1.

+1 what? Post counts? If I actually cared about post counts what you say would be true, but I don't gauge my forum success by how many posts I have so you would be wrong if that is what you meant, if on the other hand you mean something else, your statement leaves a huge gap in meaning that you should strive to correct.

~Saitada
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah that was kind of a dumb admission of sharing accounts, but since it was still done with skill and not cheating, gratz! b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well I Take My Hat Off To U, If I Had 1, I Remember Getting Wiped On The 2nd Wave When I Tired So Many Months Ago.

+1 >.>
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    (1)Forum trolls are **** beings who find (2)pleasure in picking on other forum users,trying to bully them. (3)Probably kids or antisocial people, (4)feeding themselves with burgers,chips and soda, (5)23/7 in front of a PC, (6)they are trying to release their frustration through moronic posts. My advice for them is:(7)get a life (girlfriend,job,pet) or visit a **** site to release your anger and hate due to (8)lack of parental love in childhood. Have fun!

1. I'm far from being ****.

2. I find pleasure and derive pleasure out of picking apart fallacious arguments and making the poster of said arguments look like the fool they are.. so yes, I enjoy picking on people that are idiots.

3. I am 45 and have a pretty active social life, thank you.

4. Actually, I cooked a turkey this evening, and had Turkey, stuffing, gravy, coleslaw and coffee (btw, all from scratch).

5. I own my own business, which happens to require that I use my computer frequently.. So yeah I'm on the computer a lot, my Business depends on it and it takes all of a few seconds to read and reply to posts. Refresh ftw..

6. I release my frustrations by surfing, snorkling, and hiking around Maui. I come to the forums to destroy morons like you for fun ( see #2)

7. I am Married to a very lovely woman, own my own Business, and my pets have unfortunately passed. but thank you for being so wrong with your stereotypes.

8. My parents were very loving people. Sorry that yours must not be to be so socially maladjusted. Perhaps you are projecting your own inadequacies onto other people?

Have a nice day Cupcake.

~Saitada

p.s. BTW... As your so concerned about peoples post counts... I just checked another forum I have been a member of for 14+ years now. I have over 100,000 posts. So yeah a measly 1533 posts here is nothing, that is why I am not concerned about post counts. I am a prolific poster so meh lol.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You know i miss the good ol days when people yelled at each other with caps lock, and you could just sit back, watch the fun and eat popcorn.

Now people are all "witty", "smart" and for some reason always put something like "Have a nice day" or "have fun" at the end of the post..

Grats on the RBA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    You know i miss the good ol days when people yelled at each other with caps lock, and you could just sit back, watch the fun and eat popcorn.

Now people are all "witty", "smart" and for some reason always put something like "Have a nice day" or "have fun" at the end of the post..

Grats on the RBA.

Yeah but caps lock is so old. Only noobs to forum trolling use that method anymore. The rest of us have moved onward and upward to more sophisticated trolling methods that make the lesser beings scratch their heads in confusion.

Have a nice day. lol.

~Saitada
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    and my pets have unfortunately passed. but thank you for being so wrong with your stereotypes.
    b:sad
    get a hamster?
    we need new homes.
    (>.<)
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    b:sad
    get a hamster?
    we need new homes.
    (>.<)
    b:surrender

I would but Shoshoni has a thing for hamster skin coats and kabobs. Maybe I'll pay some of my friends that do a lot of sailing in Puget Sound and down the coast to California to bring me a couple of Burmese Pythons to Maui.

They would have to smuggle them in though as snakes are prohibited here XD.

~S
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    1. I'm far from being ****.

2. I find pleasure and derive pleasure out of picking apart fallacious arguments and making the poster of said arguments look like the fool they are.. so yes, I enjoy picking on people that are idiots.

3. I am 45 and have a pretty active social life, thank you.

4. Actually, I cooked a turkey this evening, and had Turkey, stuffing, gravy, coleslaw and coffee (btw, all from scratch).

5. I own my own business, which happens to require that I use my computer frequently.. So yeah I'm on the computer a lot, my Business depends on it and it takes all of a few seconds to read and reply to posts. Refresh ftw..

6. I release my frustrations by surfing, snorkling, and hiking around Maui. I come to the forums to destroy morons like you for fun ( see #2)

7. I am Married to a very lovely woman, own my own Business, and my pets have unfortunately passed. but thank you for being so wrong with your stereotypes.

8. My parents were very loving people. Sorry that yours must not be to be so socially maladjusted. Perhaps you are projecting your own inadequacies onto other people?

Have a nice day Cupcake.

~Saitada

p.s. BTW... As your so concerned about peoples post counts... I just checked another forum I have been a member of for 14+ years now. I have over 100,000 posts. So yeah a measly 1533 posts here is nothing, that is why I am not concerned about post counts. I am a prolific poster so meh lol.
    I don't see that post x.x"
    The quoted one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• lilsera
    lilsera Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Most people know me in game as my main, Indigo_Sky. I just wanted to thank my team mates for their persistence and patience. I played Violet_Spark, 55 wizard.

It's very tempting to get to the last boss and fail a few times and say, "Oh well, we almost did it. We know what every boss looks like now." And indeed, I believe those words were actually said by me at one time*embarrassed grin*.

But my friends, who knew that I would regret it if we had just taken the easy road, reminded me that my goal was never to level the character to a high level. Our mission (mine and HellRaizer's)was to create characters and to beat EVERY boss of Rebirth Alpha and Rebirth Beta since we had never attempted either of them. We were extremely fortunate that along the way, we made incredible new friends that learned along with us and taught a lot of new people Rebirth Alpha.

My good friend, Faith_z, has completely astounded me with her selflessness, refusing to level her character (which is her highest level character, I might add) for weeks because she got addicted to the goal of beating Alpha and adopted it as her own. She continued to do dailies, farm herbs and mats, and single-handedly tried to stomp out genie world hunger with her experience. I would love to have that kind of patience and dedication, but to my chagrin I have to admit that I had to create a dedicated character for alpha because it's the only way I could show the necessary restraint needed in order not to outlevel the instance.

ZaZzy, another good friend, has always been so supportive of both Faith_z and our mission to complete Rebirth Alpha. Even before joining us as cleric, his help came in the form of letting us steal his woman away for hours on end as he traveled the world leveling without the benefit of her company and allowing us to raid his herb supplies for our many apothecary needs, so it felt extremely fitting that he should be a part of the squad that finally completed the task. (See, Zazzy, we noticed you weren't just another pretty face lol)

FOLLADOR, whom I met in my very first Rebirth Alpha attempt, quickly became a fantastic friend. He had already set beating Rebirth Alpha as his own goal long before we came along and it was wonderful to find another kindred spirit willing to put in the work.

It was my first time meeting Halindaro, but I already felt a certain kinship with him when I saw he was in Morior, a faction I had been in previously and which I have stayed extremely fond of even after my departure. He was an extremely fast learner and so easy to work with that by the 2nd boss, I had forgotten he was new to Rebirth at all.

And last but not least, there was HellRaizer (playing the part of BambooAddict). I cannot say enough about how he inspires me. It was he, who in my moment of weakness when I was ready to say, "close enough", reminded me that we weren't in this for the level progression but for the accomplishment. It was he that was the first to listen to my desire to beat Alpha when it was merely at the wishful thinking stage and actively dedicated himself to the task of making sure we accomplished it together. He put his main's character progression on hold so that he could throw himself into the pursuit of a shared goal.

I would also like to thank those other friends we've made along the way, the ones who were not in this particular squad but whom were in the others along the way where we honed our skills and worked out where we could improve. It was not just the talent of this squad that contributed to our success but all of those squads along the way and the other people who were willing to go on so many failed runs. So this victory belongs to them as well. There are too many to list here, but those who were part of it know who you are, and I thank you. *hugs*

If I'm not the luckiest girl in all of PWI, then I am definitely among the luckiest few. What I may lack in gear and coins, I more than make up for in the high caliber of my friends and associates. They make me the richest person I know.

Let's do it again in Rebirth Beta!

Post script edit: Thanks to the above posters for the congratulations! Appreciate the support!
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    lilsera wrote: »
    -Wall of Text-
    That.....that was beautiful. b:cry
    Oh, not all that mushy stuff. I meant the grammar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    That.....that was beautiful. b:cry
    Oh, not all that mushy stuff. I meant the grammar.

HA HA HA

Congratulations guys on beating RBA. I remember wiping on RBA so many times at low levels Q.Q
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    /care on account share? big **** deal, get over it b:chuckle

Gratz on alpha b:shocked