Question on Two Bosses

Marista - Lost City
Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was running BH69 Pyro yesterday with a squad and, being the highest level in the squad and being full arcane and having seen Pyro casting, I thought I could tank him. The cleric, however, insisted that he wasn't a magic boss and we need a barb. Is this true, or does Pyro cast if you cast?

On a related note, is there any way to get Thunderclaw in Frostcover to cast on you when not splodeying? I was hoping to get in deeper with an 85 veno friend, but we only want to grind high exp mobs, so we don't want full squad. But it's almost impossible to maneuver pets around the exploding patches. So, is there any way one of us--we're both arcane, me full, her vit build--could tank him instead, so we'd only need to ask a cleric along?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
Post edited by Marista - Lost City on

Comments

• Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I was running BH69 Pyro yesterday with a squad and, being the highest level in the squad and being full arcane and having seen Pyro casting, I thought I could tank him. The cleric, however, insisted that he wasn't a magic boss and we need a barb. Is this true, or does Pyro cast if you cast?

On a related note, is there any way to get Thunderclaw in Frostcover to cast on you when not splodeying? I was hoping to get in deeper with an 85 veno friend, but we only want to grind high exp mobs, so we don't want full squad. But it's almost impossible to maneuver pets around the exploding patches. So, is there any way one of us--we're both arcane, me full, her vit build--could tank him instead, so we'd only need to ask a cleric along?

Yes pyro does cast if you cast. I.e. I had 2 archers, 2 clerics, and me in a pyro squad. The archer tanked. (I would've stayed, but the cleric made me mad)b:surrender
    >.<
  • Shirayukie - Lost City
    Shirayukie - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009

so thats where you been hiding!
  • SirLynxcelot - Heavens Tear
    SirLynxcelot - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    nvm.
    you're just wanting to kill some high exp mobs in frost and not finish the entire run are you?

disregard my post lol
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As long as you're not in melee range, Pyro will cast. He does fire magic (or so I've heard), so a good cleric/veno/wizard can easily tank him. I'd recommend wizard just because of pyroshell though, lol.
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Veno's can solo Pyro in 69 its just the last to bosses that are tricky.