Tiger for on a Barb

Options
Dagnatic - Sanctuary
Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Barbarian
Ok iv made a few barbs in my time and not one of them have had any tiger form skils. So now im going to make a barb with Only tiger for skills and i was wondering have you got any pointers for a pure tiger form barb.
I know that you follow the wepon and armor requirments. but what wepons do i use? I know axes are best for barbs but does the wepon you use realy matter in tiger form?

thanks for your help guys.
cheers
Post edited by Dagnatic - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver
    Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They basically have to use axes unless you don't want to use any skills, and try to evenly level up tiger and humanoid skills, flesh ream, and roar max for your level though.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well, obviously if you want to tank during FBs and BHs(which you must if you want to be invited to this partys, not many want 2 barbs in party cause of a)competition issues between barbs and b) BMs, wizzes and archers are better DDs) youll have to go with axes so as to be able to use your skills, most importantly flesh realm, alacrity, sunder, roar and devour (in that order of priority). Flesh realm to get aggro, alacrity to cancel chanting, sunder to hit multiple mobs and recover some HP, roar to reset aggro on a group of mobs, and devour when you have aggro and chi to spare(devour only increases hatred once you have aggro, flesh realm+devour combo and it it will be really hard for wizzes, archers and fisted BMs to steal aggro.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You'd better get your HP/Attack buffs or you're screwed, on your own and in squads. (I'm serious. You'll catch major flak if you don't have it.)
  • DraykeHeart - Heavens Tear
    DraykeHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Key Points
    -Don't make another barb O.o, just lvl up your tiger form skills with that toon.
    -Pure tiger? I say pure unefficiency. Leveling up your tiger and humanoid skills are key to making your toon WHOLE and able to perform at its fullest potential. By your logic, If im a lvl 5x+ barb with only humanoid skills, im going to make ANOTHER barb purely just to use tiger skills O.O
    -AXES. HAMMERS. THINGS THAT FALL in "AXES and HAMMERS". Why? All your skills(provided a few exceptions such as passive skills, true form, etc) require that you use AXES.
    -Skill; as a Barbarian[The commonly know "tank" class], please do lvl up tiger skills which benefit your tanking abilities such as, Shapeshifting Intensity(passive pdef), Fleash Relm(aggro grabba). Also, lvl up some buffs =P.

It's really more of a common sense thing, I honestly have no idea how you got to 51 without EVER using tiger skills. Basically, stick with your toon, lvl up some tiger skills, learn,play, and experience the game both in humanoid AND tiger form. If you're concerned with costs and what not, just lvl it up as you can. No need to make another barb ^^
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I honestly have no idea how you got to 51 without EVER using tiger skills....

How i manage Is quite simple i never used them to start with so i never had any need for them. i stoped lvling up the tiger skills at lvl 19 so as you can imadgine or posible know i have lvl 3 flesh ream and lvl 2 alcrity of the beast after that i never used tiger form apart from getting from A-B so i manadge quite well.

Why did i never get the skills? because i was told that i wouldnt have enough coin or spirite to get every thing so i just stuck with one side which i barly have enough to aford.

I was thinking about getting up some of my tiger form skills but i couldnt aford it becase any coin i get goes into CS, repairs and Humanoid skills.

thanks for all your help any ways.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    How i manage Is quite simple i never used them to start with so i never had any need for them. i stoped lvling up the tiger skills at lvl 19 so as you can imadgine or posible know i have lvl 3 flesh ream and lvl 2 alcrity of the beast after that i never used tiger form apart from getting from A-B so i manadge quite well.

Why did i never get the skills? because i was told that i wouldnt have enough coin or spirite to get every thing so i just stuck with one side which i barly have enough to aford.

I was thinking about getting up some of my tiger form skills but i couldnt aford it becase any coin i get goes into CS, repairs and Humanoid skills.

thanks for all your help any ways.

well, if u are enjoing your barb and dont wanna **** him up

here's my advice:

STOP LEVEL / STOP DOING CS: save ur money for a while, but still do your quest to gain a lil spr more

as soon as u can start levelling the TIGER TREE
    FLESH REAM
    ALACRITY
    SHAPESHIFTING
    FERAL RIGENERATION
    BESTIAL RAGE
    ROAR

without this basic skill for tanking u wont be usefull in squad, then ull have hard time when ull get 60+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't forget Devour...one of the best tiger skills out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Don't forget Devour...one of the best tiger skills out there.

^^ QFT.

Beastial Rage+Alclarity+Devour+Normal attacks. No chance for mob to cast. Not a lot of pot costs to boot.

Makes the tigerform and humanoid form damage difference almost disappear when maxed. Awesome skill, too bad it uses a lot of chi. I still use it all the time though.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842