PVP questions

Options
Atherous - Sanctuary
Atherous - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
hey im thinking of switchin pk mode and iw as just wondering about some of the rules. ive been lookin but cant seem to find any complete guide on pking. what are the risks/rewards, rules and good general info i should know. thanks all!
So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

Nef is all but a memory. Pwi may once again sleep peacefullyb:pleased
Post edited by Atherous - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    your on sanc dont pk till at LEAST 70 otherwise your dead

risks are virtually none if you pk with safty lock on

and its just dirty good fun

b:shutup
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ight well can someone explain how the saftey lock thing works. and what are the rewards/ losses please. thanks
    So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

• Aerynx - Sanctuary
    Aerynx - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Safety lock prevents you from dropping any items.
    Advantages
    -if you get killed while infamous or white named you will only loose experience.

Disadvantages
    -cannot trade with npc's/players (this includes trading, setting up a catshop, or buying from a catshop). Note: you can buy things from npc's.
    -once you adjust the duration of the lock, you cannot change it for 3 days.
    -cannot access mail
    -cannot use auction house
    -since you cannot sell items, you will most likely end up with a full inventory so eventually you wont be able to pick up items

I don't know if you are allowed to purchase things from the boutique, as I'm not a gold charger, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could b:shutup
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    sounds good but what are the different levels in pk. like the different colored names. what they mean and how u get em?

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You lose exp when you get killed by other players in PvE servers?
    b:shocked

whoa me am glad me went PvP.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    sounds good but what are the different levels in pk. like the different colored names. what they mean and how u get em?

its called taking a look around. Found this in the beginner's guide. Took about 45 seconds.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

xD

No, you dont lose xp if you die from PKing >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its called taking a look around. Found this in the beginner's guide. Took about 45 seconds.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp

thats not niceb:cry

• MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    actually since youre on sanctuary, dont pk until 80+, at the current level, youll be ganked by regi and there probably arent anyone around that you can kill..
    if you level, youll still be ganked by regi, so yeah. b:surrender
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Advantages
    -if you get killed while infamous or white named you will only loose experience.
    No, you dont lose xp if you die from PKing >.>

lols
    b:surrender
    PvE servers be so strange.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Incarnata - Harshlands
    Incarnata - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Safety lock prevents you from dropping any items.
    Advantages

Disadvantages
    -cannot trade with npc's/players (this includes trading, setting up a catshop, or buying from a catshop). Note: you can buy things from npc's.
    -once you adjust the duration of the lock, you cannot change it for 3 days.
    -cannot access mail
    -cannot use auction house
    -since you cannot sell items, you will most likely end up with a full inventory so eventually you wont be able to pick up items

In addition to that experience thing (your characters never lose experience when they are killed by another player character), you can have your gear shattered if you PvP with safety lock on (and you drop chi stones when your gear shatters, which might be mirage celestones if you have really good gear). You will need to replace those chi stones (and a wee bit extra) before your shattered gear can be used again.
  • BaddgirlxD - Dreamweaver
    BaddgirlxD - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    IN PK modeyou normally have to give back stuff right? well, on my cleric there was this person who saw i get killed by someone whilei was infamous, and she didnt give my stuff back.. is that normal? or she is just a total jerk?
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That is normal. They have no reason to give it back other than that myth about nice people.
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol pk sounds scary and dangerous. i must do it. so im at lvl 70 now and climbing almost got my tt70 armor and wep mats so there was one person that said dont pk till 80 any1 else agree or u think once i train all my skills up 2 max (hate bein poor, stupid repair and mp costs) i would b fine if i was in pk with a non pk cleric watchin my ****?

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In Harshlands, don't even think about PKing until at least level 60 at the minimum. Oh and around level 50 is where the PKing happens less, so you won't be PKed each time you play unless your a QQer lol.

If your going to PK, do either Guardian Scrolls or just Safety Lock. Guardian Scrolls are nice if you plan to sell everything right afterwords, but its not nice since then you have to spend lots of money into buying a ton of them.

Safety Lock is really neat and lots of people like it since its a free way to not lose anything. But the negative part is where you can't trade or anything so you have to wait it out afterwords b:surrender

b:chuckle Well I hope that helped!
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    join a pvp server and start pking from lvl30 idiot -.-

we will soon have fresh supplies of fish to chop upb:victory
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What everyone here means is...

The one and only rule is to do anything you can to survive. Once you you 70 or 80+ anyway :3

OOOH AND YEAH! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FISHIES! THEY GONNA BE SO TASTY, I'M GONNA MAKE SOME FISH TACOS!b:dirty

(even if I don't get to pk themb:scorn)
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You lose celestones and other chi stones from safety lock.

And then, when I try picking them up, my squad mate gets them.

b:sad

>.>... Whoa serious? Only used Safety Lock once this summer since I wondered what it was lol... >.<

Never knew that, thanks for the info! b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Saerius - Heavens Tear
    Saerius - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I remember when safety lock was first introduced, u could get stuff dropped from infamous, red named players.

has this been changed?
  • Lance_Dragon - Lost City
    Lance_Dragon - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

xD

lolololololwut
    b:chuckle[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:shutup