Does Tiger Form Increase Mount Speed?

tentpitcher
tentpitcher Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Barbarian
This is a question i have had knocking around in my head since i reached (is it level 9?) on my barb alt and got tiger form... LOVE that speed boost btw! But wondering... when i jump on my manta ray (or richpersons mount of choice) in tiger form, do i still get it?

My thinking is yes, cos in the mount description it just says "+3 normal, +5 hasted" (for example), so surely that just means it adds 3 or 5 to wotever your current speed is?

I have tried testing it by taking my barb on his manta to really low altitudes and squinting at my screen as i alternate between Humanoid and Tiger form, and i think i see a difference but i could just be fooling myself... b:chuckle

if anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated!

Doggy_Stylez (3x Barb Lost City)
Post edited by tentpitcher on

Comments

• PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    what i've heard is that no it does not and the +# to mount speed is in fact plus to a base mount speed that is universal (5 m/s). Buffed unbuffed or whichever class.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No, sorry.

The base flying speed for all classes is 5.0 m/s. the +3 means that it goes 8.0 m/s.

Actually works out well for slow clerics like me b:victory Even the starter +0 wings are faster than me running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I run in true form faster than I fly, my veno runs with wind sprint faster than it flies.
    Both my cleric and archer have the capacity to fly faster than my barb runs.

funny how that works eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • MoistNess - Lost City
    MoistNess - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thats great, thanks for the quick replies guys!

b:victory

(BTW to avoid confusion... MoistNess is my main, doggy is currently a much loved alt... and tentpitcher is just a random name i thought of when i was creating account ;-)
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, unless you get a really nice mount, you run slow, and fly slower.

Except me. I run at 8.6 meters a second in tiger form. {:3c