Potions and Pots

Options
Enel - Harshlands
Enel - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Maybe this has already been addressed, but why cant i (Cleric) recharge my mp by using the potions and orbs made using my Apho. skills, when doing Regen. Aura or Heaven's Wrath; but i can use the regular mp pots and other types of foods or candy available for MP/HP recharge during the same action???
I really like to farm materials, but the inability of using these potions and orbs in those cases defeats some (not all) of the purpose of manufacturing these very valuable items...
Please let me know if these question has been already answered or addressed.

Live and Let Live!!! b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Enel - Harshlands on

Comments

• Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yea it sucks that some can't be used when your channeling something like bb, but apot pots do help a lot when your just normally healing or dding on something like a boss, or even just grinding. So they are worth being made i think. And they come in handy a lot with pking :D
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Whichever was applied last is the one which takes effect.

The same applies to all buffs. Which means you can overwrtie a good buff with a bad one, so please do check before casting your buffs on other players that they don't already have the icon.

In your case, yes, this means that you can't stack apothecary items with your buffs. Later apothecary items are BETTER than your buffs, so you can still use them.

Edit:
    Yes, during maintained spells you can't use most of the pots. I believe the "Instant" ones still work, the instant event food certainly does. (Of course, instant ones regenerate less mana)
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Whichever was applied last is the one which takes effect.

The same applies to all buffs. Which means you can overwrtie a good buff with a bad one, so please do check before casting your buffs on other players that they don't already have the icon.

In your case, yes, this means that you can't stack apothecary items with your buffs. Later apothecary items are BETTER than your buffs, so you can still use them.

Edit:
    Yes, during maintained spells you can't use most of the pots. I believe the "Instant" ones still work, the instant event food certainly does. (Of course, instant ones regenerate less mana)

That's NOT what he's talking about, he's asking why you can't use apoth pills while you're channeling for BB or RB...and I have the same question, but the answer is kinda obvious....so you'll buy charms.
  • Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That's NOT what he's talking about, he's asking why you can't use apoth pills while you're channeling for BB or RB...and I have the same question, but the answer is kinda obvious....so you'll buy charms.

lol, well i just accept that thats how it is, don't really think why they did things that way in a game very closely, because im to busy relaxing lol.

but he did ask if it was worth his time farming pills, and i said yes it is :D
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol, well i just accept that thats how it is, don't really think why they did things that way in a game very closely, because im to busy relaxing lol.

but he did ask if it was worth his time farming pills, and i said yes it is :D

Well, yeah, it's worth the time farming, besides if you pop a regen pill before entering BB/RB mode the effect still stands (although it's reduced to 1/4 the effect since it puts you in combat mode) but it IS possible to keep BB up if you pop a 100mp regen pot before entering it and then keep it up with pots, it's just requires perfect timing.

But, I do wish I could use those awesome 6k mp pills during BB though, makes things so much easier imo.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Apoth pills can't be used when you're channeling anything, not just for RB/BB. It's probably because those items are so useful and can have so many good effects.

Imagine what would happen if, say, you could pop invul pots while using nukes on people. Would be a little bit unfair, don't you think?
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Haha, yeah, I agree, an invulenerable wiz O_O daaaamn, that would be so cool to play as one, not so much to play against him though lol