Server Maintenance

Options
kyorewa
kyorewa Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
I NEED TO RANT; 'MSORRY.

So close to getting through the first dungeon...."Server maintenance in 500 seconds"

WHAT?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?!?! My group of lvl 20 archers/clerics/and one wizard, AND THERE'S SERVER MAINTENANCE JUST A FEW FIGHTS BEFORE THE BOSS?!?!?!?! WHAT?!!?

I'm sorry...I like the game, but we were so close. If we could have finished the quest, that would have been awesome. Instead, all our time was put to waste unless we can make up for the lost time somehow.

*head/desks* so close....soo...freaking...close.
Post edited by kyorewa on

Comments

• cometninja
    cometninja Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    kyorewa wrote: »
    I NEED TO RANT; 'MSORRY.

So close to getting through the first dungeon...."Server maintenance in 500 seconds"

WHAT?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?!?! My group of lvl 20 archers/clerics/and one wizard, AND THERE'S SERVER MAINTENANCE JUST A FEW FIGHTS BEFORE THE BOSS?!?!?!?! WHAT?!!?

I'm sorry...I like the game, but we were so close. If we could have finished the quest, that would have been awesome. Instead, all our time was put to waste unless we can make up for the lost time somehow.

*head/desks* so close....soo...freaking...close.

I knoooowwww. We were SO CLOSE. We spent 4 hours in there! D: I'm so sad right now. ;~; I wish we would have had warning. something like, "HEY! SERVER MAINTENANCE SOON. DON'T GO IN TO CAVES, FOO'!!!"
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you check the forums, they do tell you when the maintenance is going to happen. I'm also pretty sure (not 100%, but still) that it happens at roughly the same time every week. So, if your going to do anything important, then make sure you don't do it at these times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There is plenty of warning on the Forums and EVERYONE should know that there is a chance of Maintenance on Mondays/Tuesdays.

I think they give ample warning....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    not everyone bothers with the forum rose. if they did the forums would be shut down by an aggrevated and overworked GM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    not everyone bothers with the forum rose. if they did the forums would be shut down by an aggrevated and overworked GM

im pretty sure some are already aggrevated and overworked <_<

*waits for spoons to go homicidal on a roof with a sniper*
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i wish there was some way they could do maintnence without shutting down the server...

You are level 60 and do not know that Maintenance happens one of these two days a week?

No offense...but really? That would be like you not knowing when TW's are and there is not an announcement for those...it is habit and repetitive.

Side Note:

I warn LC in World Chat about maintenance b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    im pretty sure some are already aggrevated and overworked <_<

*waits for spoons to go homicidal on a roof with a sniper*
    rofl i would pay to see that, and pay even more to not be shotb:shocked

and red rose, i know it happens every week, dont be an idiot. for one thing i have plenty of forum posts, so of course i see the warnings on here. and what does wishing they could do maintnence without shutting down have to do with knowing about them ahead of time? u fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ah but you forget, with more people may come more trolls, but also more folks who want to help out on the forum. I've moderated higher population forums before, it's great fun b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ah but you forget, with more people may come more trolls, but also more folks who want to help out on the forum. I've moderated higher population forums before, it's great fun b:victory

b:sweat Yes fun....but it can be a pain sometimes too!! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Muchia - Harshlands
    Muchia - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To be honest the maintence times for PWI are the most unique I have ever run into. American servers having maintenance during peak time is rather odd for the most part in MMO's.
    If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking.
  • Dinias - Dreamweaver
    Dinias - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its not the fact that it happened or anything its that if you read her post, it was her FIRST dungeon so she must be new to the game so she wouldnt know when it was happening or to know to check the forum ahead of time to see if there was gonna be anything going on. i myself am new t the game and was very much surprised at the maint since i didnt know it would happen, didnt go on the forum until maint to see when it would end. I just dont like when ppl who have been playing a long time and this is a normal thing try to make the new ppl feel stupid cause they dont know something like the maint >.<

ok POed done :D besides this i really like the PWI ppl so its k :D