Accomplishments before Maintenance

Taranta - Dreamweaver
Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
So, we all get aggravated by that wonderful little thing called maintenance almost every Tuesday. What's worse, we get only 3 minutes to get everything together and get out. Most of us have to cut everything short before getting booted from the server.b:surrender

So...what I'm wondering is this: What epic things have you gotten done before maintenance? I know there's gotta be a few things out there.

Mine is pretty awesome, in my opinion anyhow. With a 4 person squad (3 needed it) , we managed to finish off a 20/20/20 within the last 40 seconds of server time. Not only that, but we managed it without a majorly high level there (highest was the cleric at 73) and without clearing everything on the path. 300 seconds hit when we had 7 mobs left, and we were looking at 3 left at 180, with wanderers and guards in between. 2 veno pulls and a barb with a zeal, and we barely managed to do it...without catching additional mobs, anyhow.

(I know this is just a brag on my part, so you do the same. What epicness did you do before the servers went down?)
I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
Post edited by Taranta - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• kyorewa
    kyorewa Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hmmm...my accomplishment was getting 3/4 of the way through the first dungeon with 1 wizard, 2 archers, and 2 clerics (including me). All lvl 20 (or very close to it).

HOWEVER, 3/4 is not all the way through. I just....4 hours....4 hours just to lose all that work. It's like...losing a drawing you've spent days on only to have the file corrupt on you or freeze halfway through the save.
  • arg2you
    arg2you Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I completed three quests killing 50 in two and 45 in one and was half way through another...dinged twice today and other than still not having hair(sigh)- felt pretty good about it all!

b:victory
  • dinias
    dinias Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well i found out that maint happens lol so i sat there in denial the whole time until the end came...i would like to know when it ends though if someone could tell me :D
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    sold a all class pet to a noob for 1 mil 30 secs b4 shutdown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Finishing Rebirth and Frostcover within 3 minutes of server shut-down...

Both were epic...the one Rebirth was when I turned 100 b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Finishing Rebirth and Frostcover within 3 minutes of server shut-down...

Both were epic...the one Rebirth was when I turned 100 b:cute

lvl or age? :P nah just joking

this one isnt really an accomplishement, i had qingzi down to less than 10% of his hp, then poof, server gone, and wen i logged on the next day i was deadb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1-2 run with faction ppls. Got dimentora down to about 5% hp, then no more server.
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
    -adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
    "Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I specifically remember a thread a LOOOOONG time ago where someone posted about being happy that in the last 10 minutes before it went down they were playing in the Secret Passage with other people and PvPing.

I was such a lowbie back then, I had absolutely no idea what SP even was b:chuckle I'm not sure why it stuck in my head...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."