At which level will a tank barb be able to tank certain TTs

Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary
Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Barbarian
I was just wondering when should i tank build barbarian be able to tank the different levels of TTs.

i am right now, level 71 with 9430 hp and 7936pdef with my own buffs, in tiger form. will i be able to tank TT1-2 and 2-1?

what about the requirements for other TTs?
Post edited by Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    you can tank 1-2 easy, you can tank 2-1 if you have a couple of good clerics, wurlord hurts.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary
    Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thank you very much for the fast reply.
  • Shawkat - Harshlands
    Shawkat - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wurlord doesnt hurt if u use Alacrity right:)
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wurlord doesnt hurt if u use Alacrity right:)

And if your cleric knows when NOT to heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    did many 2-2 without any prob with 7x barbs with nice gear too

and @xylolyx

??
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    good use of acrility is the mark of a pro barbar... one can cancel 99% of warlord mag hits...raise lvl and practice in fb69 last boss or first or even on mobs.. also frighten helps a lot at ape in 2-2 or 2-3 ..and gv
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When you can tank things depends on your clerics lvl/skill also.

Assuming solo heal at about your lvl, I'd say you can tank 1-2 and 2-1 pretty easy (wurlord gonna be hard tho). For 1-3 wait till high 7x or 8x with good cleric at least 75. 2-2 and 2-3 I have never done with less than a mid to high 8x barb. Wurlord and ape are the hardest in 2-2 (ape has pretty nasty self buff in these runs). 3-x i have very little experience with, and when I have gone, had a herc tank most things.

If you have 2 clerics, you can do these earlier, but make sure they can both survive the aoes from all bosses you intend to do, and at least one needs to have bb (preferable for both).

Also, practice cancelling and keeping agro (find some friends and tell them to try to steal agro).

Side note: depending on the squad you go with, you can tank FC runs in mid 7x. Lowest I have gone with is 76 barb. For those make sure you have agro skills and cancel up to date, along with aoe skills.
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
    -adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
    "Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I was just wondering when should i tank build barbarian be able to tank the different levels of TTs.

i am right now, level 71 with 9430 hp and 7936pdef with my own buffs, in tiger form. will i be able to tank TT1-2 and 2-1?

what about the requirements for other TTs?

I tanked TT3-1 at lvl 76, but i had really good armor back then so yeah.. idk what to tell ya lol, u can tank 2-1, maybe 2-2 with a good cleric, just skip wurlord
    b:sweat
  • Shawkat - Harshlands
    Shawkat - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    And yeah, it really depends also on a cleric. I tanked Wurlord and Ape in 2-3 at 88 with just one hell of a cleric/also 88/. Ape really hurts at the end so cleric had to use expel /genie skill/ and by turns i did turtle or tree.
  • Toxoplasmose - Harshlands
    Toxoplasmose - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    TT 1-x easily but 2-2 is going to be special...the ape boss maybe cut you in peaces with only 9.5k HP and 8k Deff, there i would suggest to ask for a 2nd cleric.