Bosses die like every other foe out there (boring)

Options
doruku
doruku Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hi There,
I got one suggestion, and I would really like to know what others think about this....

There is one thing all MMO's of today have in common: All bosses die a very boring death.
( they just drop dead ) no special effects, no sound effects, nothing how boring ( I miss the old arcade style boss deaths ). they really gave you the feeling you just killed a major game boss.
not to mention the satisfaction you feel after all that hard work and revenge feeling for all the times you might have died trying to kill that boss.

My idea's for boss deaths are the following:

Bosses should have a specific dying style if not unique per boss at least per elemental class, for example:

fire elemental: should cool down and become solid than start cracking up and than blow up from temperature difference pieces of shrapnel damage players all around his last dying way of taking you with him.
ice elemental: should freeze than shatter to pieces of shrapnel damage players all around last dying way of taking you with him.
earth elemental: should break to pieces and cause earthquakes in the boss room making it his last dying way to take you with him.

water elemental: should implode than explode from pressure and density difference and a wall of water tsunami style would rush out and drive players towards the walls of the room or dungeon where spikes and other stuff might impale you.

metal elemental: I leave this one to your imagination can't find a good one a.t.m

Non elemental: should go berserk running around harming himself and others while disintegrating.

wood elemental: turn to trees with vines start snaring players and slamming them to the ground than dry up wither and die or become dust.
I do not know, is the beginnings of knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
Not your truth, I need the truth, keep your truth and help me find the truth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CBT Phase 1 Player.
Post edited by doruku on

Comments

• Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I like the idea, except for the damage after death. Say you just barely survived to get the boss HP down to 0 all the sudden a random berserker attack kills you, that would annoy the hell out of people.

This thread should have been posted in the suggestions board as well.

Idea for metal elemental boss death - their body's crackle with electricity that scales along the terrain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Would be different, but I'm not really complaining.

It would become annoying after while if you ask me, first few times...cool.....next 800 not so cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I like the idea, except for the damage after death. Say you just barely survived to get the boss HP down to 0 all the sudden a random berserker attack kills you, that would annoy the hell out of people.

This thread should have been posted in the suggestions board as well.

Idea for metal elemental boss death - their body's crackle with electricity that scales along the terrain.

^ This.

This is gonna be moved to the suggestions sections pretty soon anyway.

But yes, take out the damaging effects from the boss deaths, if you really want to see anything like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Moved to suggestion box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Oh the damage from it would be fine. In an mmo I played once, when you beat the first boss it would fall over onto its side. Anyone near it would be crushed by it. I've seen players die because it fell of them. It was funny, even when I was the one it fell on.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Kinda like Andross when he dies and blows the living daylights out of everything around him. Just give players a chance to get out of the AoE before it blows and it's got my vote.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.