pw shuts down!!!

impailer1990
impailer1990 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
b:cry b:cry b:cry

I dont even know what's happening! I mean my computer isn't that good but it used to work. Basically I start PW, I log in, I go to the character selection, I select my barb and then it goes to the logging in screen. it logs in, it tels me the time lapsed and then it shuts down right before putting me into the world. It doesn't even give me an error or anything.....it just shuts down. I used to have this problem with the monitor. Back when i used to play full-screen the game would just shut down after about one or one and a half hours. But i fixed that when i started playing windowed. I already checked my graphics settings and every single option is set as low as possible. Im afraid this might be a problem with my computer. I dunno, please someone help me.
Thank you
Post edited by impailer1990 on

Comments

• sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I had the same thing only I was in the game and it disconnected me and said something about server/game maitance and then it did just what you are discribing! I hope someone can help us.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I had the same thing only I was in the game and it disconnected me and said something about server/game maitance and then it did just what you are discribing! I hope someone can help us.

b:sweat
    Do you seriously not know what maintenance is? The servers shut down almost every week for maintenance (which is, supposedly, to fix bugs).
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • GypsyJewel - Dreamweaver
    GypsyJewel - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes I do know what a maitenance it, I just happen not to know there was going to be one. <.< Wow rude much? Sensual Soul is me too.
  • ayngil
    ayngil Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:sweat
    Do you seriously not know what maintenance is? The servers shut down almost every week for maintenance (which is, supposedly, to fix bugs).

Gathered it might be either maintenance or a server access problem but would you care to point me to the announcement becuase I can't see one and I was in game and thrown out without any notice what so ever...would be nice if there were an actual announcement in world say 5 minutes before it actually happened.......and would someone with a few manners care to inform us 'ill informed newcomers to the game when this is likely to be completed and the servers back up please ? ie how long does itnormally take?

thank you
  • Ayngil - Lost City
    Ayngil - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    no problem another post answered how to find the maintenance post for me in another thread :)
  • impailer1990
    impailer1990 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    while i am glad that u guys responded to my thread, the issue has not been discussed and/or solved. i think it may be my computer or something.....im not sure. please, wont anyone help me?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    mayhaps your character found one of those mysterious crash zones.
    b:shocked

try pressing and holding down W while your entering the world.

um me need to find a link to the info darthpanda has.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.