Skill Question

Options
Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
I was debating over whether should I stay 85 and farm GV(RB) or to just keep going along. I was thinking about maxing all my skills and continuing on to 90 knowing that the next skills i need to get are my sage ones, but im also impatient atm and want to get to 89 asap.

This is how my skills look: (format: skill-skill level)
Pyrogram- 10
Pyroshell- 10
Crown of Flames- 1
Divine Pyrogram- 10
Dragons Breath- 9
Will of the Pheonix- 1
Emberstorm- 1
Blade Tempest- 6
Fire Mastery- 6

Gush- 10
Glacial Embrace- 10
Hailstorm- 10
Morning Dew- 5
Frostblade- 1
Glacial Snare- 5
Black Ice Dragon Strike- 5
Water Mastery- 8

Stone Rain- 10
Stone Barrier- 10
pitfall- 1
Sandstorm- 10
Force of Will- 5
Mountain Seize-1
Earth Mastery- 8

Think I should use GV to level my skills up or can i get to 90 without much hassle?
Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
Post edited by Mizuoni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm not a wizard, and all those letters mean nothing to me, but I'd say work on your skills, if you think they need working on. ATM, I almost have my skills to max for my level. All of them. That gives me a foot up on a lot of other clerics, and also i feel cool b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm not a wizard, and all those letters mean nothing to me, but I'd say work on your skills, if you think they need working on. ATM, I almost have my skills to max for my level. All of them. That gives me a foot up on a lot of other clerics, and also i feel cool b:cute

ugh, i will type out the skills x.x
    i think they do need some working on but i also want to get to 89 b:chuckle
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Morganna - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

ugh, i will type out the skills x.x
    i think they do need some working on but i also want to get to 89 b:chuckle

When you get to 89, you're going to have a whole new set of skills to get, right? Upon further thought, it's probably a good idea to max out your skills before then, so you can focus on your sage stuff. doncha think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear_1313879320
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I dont think theres anything wrong with them
    DrMelvin: Level 90 Cleric > Retired
    MrMelvin: Level 8X British Wizard > Active And Owning

b:victory

For Corn: One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them b:shocked (That should be your sig dude!)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    When you get to 89, you're going to have a whole new set of skills to get, right? Upon further thought, it's probably a good idea to max out your skills before then, so you can focus on your sage stuff. doncha think?

ya, thats what i think....
    The skills i want to max are:
    Blade Tempest, Fire Mastery, maybe Will of the Pheonix, Morning Dew, Glacial Snare, Black Ice Dragon Strike, Water Mastery, Force of Will, Mountain Seize and Earth Mastery.

The Masteries arent too hard and neither is morning dew but Blade Tempest, Glacial Snare, Black Ice Dragon Strike, Force of Will and Mountain Seize are the lot of coin, lot of spirit ones x.x

@MrMelvin
    Thats what a lot of my friends say, but i cant help but to think that something is wrong with them
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    gamma isnt worth much other than exp at all anymore. you can make more money/spirit in the grind from 86->90 in sea of isolation, than you could ever hope for in rb. play with some fishies, get a ton of DQ, and levels your skills :P.

ive had 4-5 friends try that whole 'farming' gamma ****. theyre still 92-93, and all their former gamma buddies went to delta, way richer, and are 99-101.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Morganna - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ya, thats what i think....
    The skills i want to max are:
    Blade Tempest, Fire Mastery, maybe Will of the Pheonix, Morning Dew, Glacial Snare, Black Ice Dragon Strike, Water Mastery, Force of Will, Mountain Seize and Earth Mastery.

The Masteries arent too hard and neither is morning dew but Blade Tempest, Glacial Snare, Black Ice Dragon Strike, Force of Will and Mountain Seize are the lot of coin, lot of spirit ones x.x

@MrMelvin
    Thats what a lot of my friends say, but i cant help but to think that something is wrong with them

Yeah, I'd say to wait. It'll be a lot easier to save up spirit once everything is maxed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    gamma isnt worth much other than exp at all anymore. you can make more money/spirit in the grind from 86->90 in sea of isolation, than you could ever hope for in rb. play with some fishies, get a ton of DQ, and levels your skills :P.

ive had 4-5 friends try that whole 'farming' gamma ****. theyre still 92-93, and all their former gamma buddies went to delta, way richer, and are 99-101.

So you say i can max the skills i want and get my 3 sage skills from 86-90
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I agree with this. I did gamma for the exp/spirit, but not really for coin. Sure the mail with the coin was nice, and helped with skill leveling, but I wanted 89 and as quickly as possible. And now, with immacs worth close to 1.2 mil rather than the 3 mil before, can't rely heavily on immac sales anymore. So, I outleveled gamma. On purpose. Sure a lot of my skills were underleveled (no worries, all but 2 useful skills--both ultis, are maxed now) until I was about level 95-ish. Grinded at them damn ultrafins for like, ever, then did a lot of herb farming for coin, then this event came around and I made a lot of coin off that as well. b:avoid

There are more ways to gain coin rather than trying to farm gamma for it. Besides, too much gamma makes the heart grow weary...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I agree with this. I did gamma for the exp/spirit, but not really for coin. Sure the mail with the coin was nice, and helped with skill leveling, but I wanted 89 and as quickly as possible. And now, with immacs worth close to 1.2 mil rather than the 3 mil before, can't rely heavily on immac sales anymore. So, I outleveled gamma. On purpose. Sure a lot of my skills were underleveled (no worries, all but 2 useful skills--both ultis, are maxed now) until I was about level 95-ish. Grinded at them damn ultrafins for like, ever, then did a lot of herb farming for coin, then this event came around and I made a lot of coin off that as well. b:avoid

There are more ways to gain coin rather than trying to farm gamma for it. Besides, too much gamma makes the heart grow weary...b:surrender

Actually i wanted to do gamma for the spirit, and the fact that i can feed my genie exp to get a non-fail one hopefully. b:chuckle

Lot of good advice here though.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'd say lvl your skills according to your fairies. At least that's what i'm going to do.

btw i have my masteries at 9 b:chuckle
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'd say lvl your skills according to your fairies. At least that's what i'm going to do.

btw i have my masteries at 9 b:chuckle

I been leveling up my ultis and 49 skills. Masteries arent at the top of my list since i can easily max those, i can do it right now if i wanted to but once again, not top priority.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    K I farmed gamma for a while because I had a 4hour calc II class monday-wednesday and was able to finish the whole run whilst my professor was droning on about stuff he didn't understand b:chuckle. In red are the skills I chose to max before going on to frost:

Pyrogram- 10
    Pyroshell- 10
    Crown of Flames- 1
    Divine Pyrogram- 10
    Dragons Breath- 9 max this for delta
    Will of the Pheonix- 1 maxed this for delta as well
    Emberstorm- 1 maxed it for the lulz-- 1-hitting those lanterns in happy valley with this was hella funny
    Blade Tempest- 6 Maxed & saved enough to get lv 10 @ 86
    Fire Mastery- 6 a must

Gush- 10
    Glacial Embrace- 10
    Hailstorm- 10
    Morning Dew- 5
    Frostblade- 1
    Glacial Snare- 5 maxed at lv 85
    Black Ice Dragon Strike- 5 saved enough to max at lv 86
    Water Mastery- 8 max

Stone Rain- 10
    Stone Barrier- 10
    pitfall- 1
    Sandstorm- 10
    Force of Will- 5
    Mountain Seize-1 I'm 100k spirit away from getting levels 1-10 of this, in retrospect I kinda wish I had leveled this one @ lv 86, but meh 2/3 ultis is good... the trick with this one? @ lv10 it's the best ulti for TW imho (before lv 11 are considered); the stun thing is also your best tool for frost (what you don't 1hit will probably be stunned
    Earth Mastery- 8 max -..-

Think I should use GV to level my skills up or can i get to 90 without much hassle? No. Level fast and get to 90 asap.

That said, I coulda saved up enough spirit for those in 1/2 the time by running frost @ lv 86 and on... now we complete frost in 90 minutes easily grabbing 2x the exp & spr of gamma. And if drop% were measured in, you'd probably find yourself making as much coins in frost as well (but unlucky me won't ever see those gold drops lol).
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    K I farmed gamma for a while because I had a 4hour calc II class monday-wednesday and was able to finish the whole run whilst my professor was droning on about stuff he didn't understand b:chuckle. In red are the skills I chose to max before going on to frost:

That said, I coulda saved up enough spirit for those in 1/2 the time by running frost @ lv 86 and on... now we complete frost in 90 minutes easily grabbing 2x the exp & spr of gamma. And if drop% were measured in, you'd probably find yourself making as much coins in frost as well (but unlucky me won't ever see those gold drops lol).

thanks KanKan
    so im guessing i should just keep going along and get to 90 asap
    i gotta go get my BH done now, *leaves forum*

EDIT: im going to max masteries, then im maxing glacial snare, then get BT and BIDS up. I'm just worried i wont have 3mil spirit at 89 for my sage skills =(
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    for grinding in general you NEED will of phoenix. it's really a great skill. go max it now!

seems like you use a pyro and divine pyro quite often. spending some coins with fire mastery would be nice, especially beause you'll have more sage/demon upgrades for these attacks at 89. you upgraded dragon's breath too much. if you go to rebirth you must focus genie skills to survive the waves of mobs. get used to farming herbs for apothecary potions also.

BT appears to be the AOE you use the most. go make it lvl9!!!

morning dew and frostblade are extremely important for squads. if you go TT, FF, FB or do anything in a group, go max both. btw frostblade only boosts melee attacks.

for PvE glacial snare is the best opening skill. for PvP it's also great though I prefer to use sandstorm on archers due to the 50% accuracy decrease. it's expensive to upgrade but worth it.

pitfall is not the best skill ever but if you plan going demon make it lvl10. the demon version has 33% chance to freeze which is.... almost good^^

force of will is expensive but worth every coin for both PvE and PvP. You'll save a lot of xp for making it higher and saving squad members with it makes your class shine bright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    for grinding in general you NEED will of phoenix. it's really a great skill. go max it now!

seems like you use a pyro and divine pyro quite often. spending some coins with fire mastery would be nice, especially beause you'll have more sage/demon upgrades for these attacks at 89. you upgraded dragon's breath too much. if you go to rebirth you must focus genie skills to survive the waves of mobs. get used to farming herbs for apothecary potions also.

BT appears to be the AOE you use the most. go make it lvl9!!!

morning dew and frostblade are extremely important for squads. if you go TT, FF, FB or do anything in a group, go max both. btw frostblade only boosts melee attacks.

for PvE glacial snare is the best opening skill. for PvP it's also great though I prefer to use sandstorm on archers due to the 50% accuracy decrease. it's expensive to upgrade but worth it.

pitfall is not the best skill ever but if you plan going demon make it lvl10. the demon version has 33% chance to freeze which is.... almost good^^

force of will is expensive but worth every coin for both PvE and PvP. You'll save a lot of xp for making it higher and saving squad members with it makes your class shine bright.

i dont use Dpyro anymore. My GS outdamages it since it was lvl 2. Dpyro is only 10 for my sutra combo. frostblade isnt worth it imo, lvl 1 is good for now but its cheap so iunno. My BT is higher because it kills arcanes, i prefer BIDS in pve unless its FC, which i use BT(thats why i leveled it to 6). Im LA so my DB is fine. Im going sage. I might leave FoW at 5 since i dont use it that much unless its pvp and ewww pheonix at 1 is good for the knockback which i dont even use it for the knockback just in FC when all my aoes are in cooldown and i can knock mobs into the wall.

I actually hate using fire skills, i tend to avoid it as much as i possibly can but sometimes you just have to use it.

Nevertheless, im maxing masteries as soon as i finish all my 7x quests. I might have to wait on GS. I might max my ulties after 90. Right now my main focus is getting masteries and start building up spirit.If If i happen to have spare spirit, i might max BIDS being in a TW faction, that might be helpful
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    EDIT: im going to max masteries, then im maxing glacial snare, then get BT and BIDS up. I'm just worried i wont have 3mil spirit at 89 for my sage skills =(

That's where delta comes in. But since not many squads will take < 90 to a delta (or at least that's how it is on DW--my first delta was at 89, and I was lucky) then...you should make friends with ultrafin surpremes xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That's where delta comes in. But since not many squads will take < 90 to a delta (or at least that's how it is on DW--my first delta was at 89, and I was lucky) then...you should make friends with ultrafin surpremes xD

Hmmm, I actually might stay 89. Feed my genie exp and stay at 90% or something. I can build up spirit and farm TT and not be too far away from 90.
  • Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Will of the Pheonix- 1

Force of Will- 5
    I can't figure out for the life of me how on earth you got this far without maxing one if not both of these skills. Max um they are hp charm savers.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    My dear, dear Mizuoni.. Why going through all this trouble if you're rolling a new class soon? I never stayed in gamma range longer than neccesary, and here is my skill list, all aquired by grinding:
    I was debating over whether should I stay 85 and farm GV(RB) or to just keep going along. I was thinking about maxing all my skills and continuing on to 90 knowing that the next skills i need to get are my sage ones, but im also impatient atm and want to get to 89 asap.

Pyrogram- 10
    Pyroshell- 10
    Crown of Flames- 1
    Divine Pyrogram- 10
    Dragons Breath- 9
    Will of the Pheonix- 1 8
    Emberstorm- 1
    Blade Tempest- 6 2, I dont like it, it has no add (like the slow from BIDS)
    Fire Mastery- 6 10

Gush- 10
    Glacial Embrace- 10
    Hailstorm- 10
    Morning Dew- 5 8
    Frostblade- 1
    Glacial Snare- 5 10 Max!!!! I love it.
    Black Ice Dragon Strike- 5 6, soon 8
    Water Mastery- 8 10

Stone Rain- 10
    Stone Barrier- 10
    pitfall- 1
    Sandstorm- 10
    Force of Will- 5 7, soon 8/9
    Mountain Seize-1 3
    Earth Mastery- 8 10

Think I should use GV to level my skills up or can i get to 90 without much hassle?

A wizard without maxed masteries isnt a wizard. Why wasting milions of coins on refining your weapon if you can get an extra 2-8% damage EASILY by maxing your masteries? Damage = damage, max them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    My dear, dear Mizuoni.. Why going through all this trouble if you're rolling a new class soon? I never stayed in gamma range longer than neccesary, and here is my skill list, all aquired by grinding:

A wizard without maxed masteries isnt a wizard. Why wasting milions of coins on refining your weapon if you can get an extra 2-8% damage EASILY by maxing your masteries? Damage = damage, max them.

My dear, dear CeliaZ...read my sig b:cute

My guild needs a good sage wiz, and thats what im going to be for themb:cool

I'm maxing my masteries just gotta finish my quests from lvl 70-80(i RB from 70-83) and my BM friend and I are going to get to 90 from there.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear_1313879320
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I love Glacial Snare too! I only have it level 3 atm though but im working on it, My masteries are all 8 but i only upgrade them when i have enough spirit to upgrade all 3 at the same time
    DrMelvin: Level 90 Cleric > Retired
    MrMelvin: Level 8X British Wizard > Active And Owning

b:victory

For Corn: One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them b:shocked (That should be your sig dude!)